hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
If I remember correctly, it depends on whether you kissed Nami or not at the end of CH4x5.
She becomes jealous af if you did.
Yes you're right.(y)
After using ctrl:
If you kiss Nami, Nami puppy will appear. If you don't kiss Nami (the bottom choice (I didn't choose the middle one)), then the evil Nami will appear. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Is there an updated android port
Made a compressed Android port of Summer's Gone Chapter 5 Beta with Scrappy's walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: Pixeldrain -

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at almost 1500 renders. I thought I could've skipped most of the Mila renders in Chapter 3.5 but well... No.

So I did most of them. I didn't touch the renders in the changing room nor did I touch the ones during the basketball game.

The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy. That's why I will leave the changing room renders etc. like they are.

I need to move on from the rework for my sanity.

Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 are done and there are only some CH3x5 Mila renders in the queue.

As soon as I can ship the game to Steam to get it completely approved and stuff, I will make a log where I'll note down everything I've changed.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general. That's why this bibi log came out today.

I did put WIAB on a 2-3 week hold to finish up SG Season 1.

I talked about a irl friend in the past who wanted to do my postwork... Well, he's traveling through South America now, and so all the postwork goes to me.

I've already started the postwork & continued to work on the new intro, too.

If the new intro doesn't finish before I'm done with everything, I'm going to release without it. I would then upload it as soon as it's done.

I learned to handle these release weeks quite well in the past. They lasted usually for about a month (Before the reworks parts), but these "Release weeks" have been going on since September.

And it's taking its toll on me.

It's my fault. I should've never given an estimate. And there won't be any more estimates in the future.
NiaCH3x5.png

Anyway, another ~ 1500 renders for Season 1.

Now it's mostly just postwork & continuing the translation.

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at almost 1500 renders. I thought I could've skipped most of the Mila renders in Chapter 3.5 but well... No.

So I did most of them. I didn't touch the renders in the changing room nor did I touch the ones during the basketball game.

The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy. That's why I will leave the changing room renders etc. like they are.

Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 are done and there are only some CH3x5 Mila renders in the queue.

As soon as I can ship the game to Steam to get it completely approved and stuff, I will make a log where I'll note down everything I've changed.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general. That's why this bibi log came out today.

I did put WIAB on a 2-3 week hold to finish up SG Season 1.

I talked about a irl friend in the past who wanted to do my postwork... Well, he's traveling through South America now, and so all the postwork goes to me.

I've already started the postwork & continued to work on the new intro, too.

If the new intro doesn't finish before I'm done with everything, I'm going to release without it. I would then upload it as soon as it's done.

I learned to handle these release weeks quite well in the past. They lasted usually for about a month (Before the reworks parts), but these "Release weeks" have been going on since September.

It's my fault. I should've never given an estimate. And there won't be any more estimates in the future.
View attachment 3378912

Anyway, another ~ 1500 renders for Season 1.

Now it's mostly just postwork & continuing the translation.
I definitely wish Ocean the best with managing his mental health and can't wait to purchase Season 1 on Steam - I think it's gonna be a cracker of a game.

Reworking chapters 1 to 3 was always going to be a big task (i.e. to bring those chapter renders up to the Ch 4+ quality). However, the mental fallout from the Mila changes was self-inflicted. I am not saying Ocean was wrong to make the change, only that any interested observer could clearly see what a big task it would be to make Mila's appearance relatively consistent across chapters 1 to 5, once the changes were set in stone (i.e. the amount of work needed to replace renders in Chs 2 to 3.5).

To be honest, I would be happy for Ocean to take a break after the Steam release. I'd much rather have him chugging out updates feeling fresh and motivated than to see him stress and burn out.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general.

It's my fault.
AVNs be fucking up Devs like crazy.

If you never did a rework, you would have been fine, maybe.

Sounds like you're getting tired of working on these games.

I wouldn't call that person "a friend" dude dipped on your ass.

Oh, I can already see that.

Indeed it is.

Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
The smartest thing he has said I will no longer give estimates let's hope he sticks to that unless he is 100% sure about a date
I liked that he gave those, he was wrong but not half a year wrong, and it gave us some clue when are we gonna the updates.
from his point of viev it was a mistake, I get it because some ppl lack patience a lot, so the only way to deal with them is by not giving any dates.
And I still liked it bc I usually make thouse estimations myself bc I'm keeping track of all his updates, I have them written down, I listen whats his plan, to make thouse asmuptions. So him giving estimations was nice.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I liked that he gave those, he was wrong but not half a year wrong, and it gave us some clue when are we gonna the updates.
from his point of viev it was a mistake, I get it because some ppl lack patience a lot, so the only way to deal with them is by not giving any dates.
And I still liked it bc I usually make thouse estimations myself bc I'm keeping track of all his updates, I have them written down, I listen whats his plan, to make thouse asmuptions. So him giving estimations was nice.
People are just hyper impatient these days, look at big aaa-game releases like cyberpunk or something like that, people get so angry about delays and apparently prefer a shity unfinished product in time over a finished product which got the time, sweat and tears to become something truely good.

At the same time they cry about the half-assed ea games which are a result of these overly strict timelines.

Similar with Ocean and DPC, these guys put their everything into their avns, trying to create something truely unique and putting their hearts into it and a big crowd is just whining about it and just want/expect the same shitty fast-food like 95% of all other avns.

Really annoys me.

dorleans

Sep 10, 2021
So??

I started reading the series A Song Of Ice And Fire when the first book came out in 1996.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series - which has taken years longer to reach fans than we hoped for - 28 years after the release of the first book.

It is part of the price we pay for supporting someone with a grand vision.

Ocean/Summers Gone is the most ambitious dev/AVN I am supporting with my $ and my time.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me/my view of Ocean/SG any more than I expect everyone to be willing to wait for the next book in the series that served as the basis for GOT.

Feel free to respond as above every 6 months for the next ten years, if you feel this is the best use of your time.

I'll be here, on this thread, sharing what I enjoy about Summers Gone, and I believe my time will be well spent... :)

Cheers!! :coffee:
Wow, people really just do not get the fun of this whole thing, do they? It's like watching a Cathedral getting built, or a Monk illuminating a manuscript. Yeah you'll be dead for it's finished, but you get to witness something magnificent come into being.

If you want timely mediocrity, well, there's literally the entire rest of modernity.

Last edited:

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Well, it seems that the end is near, isn't it? it seems that there is only coding and translation left and if there is time to render the introduction in the meantime, what do you think? 2-3 weeks?

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Well, it seems that the end is near, isn't it? it seems that there is only coding and translation left and if there is time to render the introduction in the meantime, what do you think? 2-3 weeks?
Yes, maybe, plus the validation process time from Steam.

4.30 star(s) 504 Votes