Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023
Season 1 - Last Dev Log
Hello,

So... This is supposed to be the last Dev Log for Season 1.

As always, I've created more renders than first anticipated. My estimation for the rest of Chapter 2 & small parts of Chapter 3 was 900-1000 renders.

I'm sitting comfortably at 1170 renders, and I have one more scene to do.

I started to prepare the work for the gallery. Lots of stuff has to be changed and Chapter 5 has to be added. But that's all gonna go quite smoothly.

I've started work on a little Layla Treat.

Who?

Yeh, some Bibi that hasn't gotten any screen time since Chapter 3, but will play a bigger role in S2.

The Treat isn't finished, and still a work in progress. Still, we all haven't seen her in a while.

I think I'll publish the full Treat with the Chapter 5 Full release.

Tons of previews & comparisons today.

This is the last Preview Log, I will do for Season 1, so I have a few things to show.

Bella boys usually don't see this scene, but I added a little more depth to Hill's short conversation with the MC and exchanged Claire's old model with the new one.

Old

New

The old classroom. (Before I could even render the big one.)

The A6000 Ada's in action.

This is a new level, even compared to the previously released Chapter 2 Classroom renders, where I could only render 3-5 people at the same time.

Being able to fill up the college, the city, and other establishments that usually feature a lot of people is gonna be possible now.

I can move away from garbage billboards in the BG, and use interactive people instead. Awesome.

And thanks to the latest Daz update, these gigantic scenes load reasonably fast (15min to 20min).

I mentioned in a previous log that I also reworked the scene with Mila where you can ask her out.

For continuity's sake, I completely reworked her Gym scene too.

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

This also includes the shower scene and this legendary render:

Old

New

Nami's and Bellchen's gym scenes will stay the way they are. (Except for a few Bella shower renders. Exchanging her pre-sculpt Ch2-3 model with the Chapter 4+ model. It's the first time you see her boobs, so it's important to be accurate to the Ch4+ model.)

There's one scene in Chapter 3 I had to change to keep the music & steam rating. I had to remove MC's PP in one render. (Again, this only affects Season 1. Season 2 won't be censored in any way.)

It disrupted the flow of the scene, but I couldn't locate the old Duf files. So I went out of my way and applied the German saying "Wenn schon, denn schon." which loosely translates to "Do it right or don't do it at all."

So I rebuilt the entire scene and also adjusted 95% of it. The scene didn't really need it, but it was important that she at least visibly "stared" at MC's package.

Old

New

There are like 20 renders left for the clothing scene with Bella.

After that one, it's only one small scene that is left. I'll start with postwork tomorrow & I still need to finish the Blender Intro cinematic.

Current estimations are around 1250 still images for the Full.

It's definitely worth playing through the full if you like Bella. Quite a few new scenes with her.

All images in full res are attached below in the zip. file.

- Ocean
Can you please reupload the previews? Screenshot_2024-03-08-07-32-04-506-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Thoughts? Victoria is the best girl here (because we can't have adult Katie lol)...in the minority but I don't care.
One of my three I find very hard to separate. I'm still not sure about the new look. Anyway, I am sure it will grow on me. Vic will still be biggest sweetheart in the game, she has that title locked in place.

Reactions: AceX95 and yossa999

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Guys, who are the characters are possible for having throuple or quad or mini harem path with Bella?
I can confirm that nami/Bella throuple path.
As far as I know, Ocean has stated there's no harem paths, and there's only throuples that are really hard to make the choices to get. I doubt he'll change that as he seems to dislike harems a lot. If you try to sleep around unwisely, the chances are that rumours will spread and you'll be blacklisted by the LI's and cockblock yourself.

D4rkK1ng

Feb 17, 2024
Ok so im team bella from the start(if there only 1LI choice then bella for me) ... though on my main save i had started cheeto path too(as secondary choice) ... so after saw these days the possibility of throuple path im happy that there will be chance for bella/cheeto path..
Nonetheless i played the game today again and all i can say that zara make my bella/cheeto decision diffucult... i liked her a lot on my last play.

Reactions: Bella Von Halen

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Any news regarding the release date of Ch5 Stable/Final version?
In the dev log on the previous page:

I know some scenes aren't up to date in terms of quality. For example, Chapter 3 has a bar scene with Ayua, etc. I would only do it if the Steam verification takes longer than expected. Then, I would do 25-30 extra renders for the bar scene in Chapter 3.

But the moment Steam gives me the green light, the game will be released on Steam and a few days later on Patreon. It's time to finally move on from Season 1. The next log will be a simple post where I'll tell you guys that the game has been shipped to Steam and is being verified for release.
I know the images are distracting from the words, I was busy staring at it all too :)

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
During that time, around Chapter 5's beta release, everyone was attacking Oceans.
Just like you, I read the comments and don’t see people attacking Ocean.
Here, for example, is a comment where an Ocean fan is engaged in criticism in your opinion, after the release of chapter 5: (I’m writing from memory, so I might mix something up) The fan wrote that he always supported Ocean and gave him money. He liked it when he gave money to buy 2x3090 and Ocean made chapter 3.5 which had almost 1400 images in half a year. Then he gave money for 2xA6000 which should double the rendering speed. But he doesn’t understand why, after almost a year of working on Chapter 5, Ocean only made 2,200 images. It turns out that the speed did not increase, but rather slowed down. And now Ocean wants to buy new video cards again, and this fan is wondering whether it was worth giving the money or not.

When I read comments like this, I don’t see them as an attack on Ocean, but only people’s doubts. But you see this as an attack and call people who write such comments haters or trolls. I don't follow Ocean or other game developers, so comments like this show whether the game is going in a good or bad direction. But your comments unfortunately don’t show this; if a person has a different opinion, you try to kick him out of this forum. Therefore, if I ask you to write 5 points about what you like about the game and 5 points about what you don’t like, you won’t be able to do it.

Reactions: Diplomat89

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
after almost a year of working on Chapter 5, Ocean only made 2,200 images.
Before having 2 ADA 6000
-2000+ renders in almost a year(ch5 beta),
After having 2 ADA 6000
-700+ renders in less than 2 months (1500+ total renders minus renders that have been done. If I'm not mistaken before Ocean got ADA 6000 in January, he had already completed ± 800 renders for Ch5 Full)

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Summer's Gone Dev Log - Season 1 All Changes
Hello,

So, the Dev Log is a day late, and there's a good reason for it. I just can't get into it at the moment. I will be able to do so in around two weeks.

I will finish all the postwork today and continue with the gallery next.

I will ship Chapter 2 to the proofreaders today, and testing will go hand in hand with the gallery work.

The testing process is a little more complicated this time, as I have to test for the ability to port saves.

It means I gotta test a ton of variables and see if they port correctly.

I did get sick of postwork a few times in the past two weeks and instead worked on Season 2.

Expect some nice previews after the release of the Full.

Today, I will show all the changes I made since the initial Chapter 5 Beta release.

One thing I can assure you is that this is the last rework SG will see until the entire game is finished. I don't care if earlier Chapters suddenly start looking like Old-School Runescape Characters; we'll only be moving forward.

And the momentum Steam, etc., gives us will be used for it.

There's A LOT of renders coming... Prepare. All images in full res are in the zip down below.

We'll start with Chapter 2. The actual target of the last part of the rework.

Chapter 2:

Old Heist

New heist

Old Cheeto route:

New Cheeto Route

Old

New

Nami vs Bella - Basketball Old

Nami vs Bella - Basketball New (The new version gets a little more physical.)

Old Nurse & Hill

New Nurse and Hill

Old casual college hallway

New casual college hallway with some ambiance.

Marla talks to the MC about VIc's accident.

Old Bellchen & Amber

New Bellchen and Amber

Old Maja (This model was only used in this one scene. The one in CH3 was already different.

New

Old Vic

New Vic

New scenes in Chapter 2.

The heist with Bella doesn't end in the Holgerson's front yard; instead, there's a new scene in Bella's kitchen. (My fav.)

Most of Chapter 2 will feel new, but the next scene is a result of changes made to the class.

How did they end up in a bathroom?

Finally, a small new scene, which also sets up the Sai confrontation in Chapter 3.

Now to Chapter 3.

Old Mila gym

New Mila gym

Old Mila lounge

New Mila lounge

New Clothing store with Bella

Chapter 3.5 now.

I only changed scenes where the old Mila model was present until the changing room.

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

That was pretty much it.

There are cases where I just changed 1-5 renders. For example, there was a scene with the very old Robin model. (Chapter 3).

Also, a little bus scene was added to Chapter 2, etc.

The CH5 Full is pretty much the size of a new update.

I know some scenes aren't up to date in terms of quality. For example, Chapter 3 has a bar scene with Ayua, etc.

I would only do it if the Steam verification takes longer than expected. Then, I would do 25-30 extra renders for the bar scene in Chapter 3.

But the moment Steam gives me the green light, the game will be released on Steam and a few days later on Patreon.

It's time to finally move on from Season 1.

The next log will be a simple post where I'll tell you guys that the game has been shipped to Steam and is being verified for release.

- Ocean
Poor Ocean, reading this is obvious he is very tired of the rework :LOL: . Jesus Christ hard work here...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023
Ok so im team bella from the start(if there only 1LI choice then bella for me) ... though on my main save i had started cheeto path too(as secondary choice) ... so after saw these days the possibility of throuple path im happy that there will be chance for bella/cheeto path..
Nonetheless i played the game today again and all i can say that zara make my bella/cheeto decision diffucult... i liked her a lot on my last play.
You're just spitting my thoughts bruh,
Shame we can't have everyone (atleast 4-5)
in single pt,
My main path Bella
Second path (Bella, nami,Zara & Vanessa)
Don't know how it will progress in season 2:cry:

Reactions: D4rkK1ng
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes