PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm enjoying my new playthrough of Summers Gone and the new/changed dialogue.

Ocean did a nice job adding in some humor to a number of scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check out the bulletin board...

funny bulletin board1.png

The rework definitely added more good humor to the mix.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Please someone tell me what oceans is smoking or drinking to say he plans on having 5 VN in the same universe is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever seen

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
I'm enjoying my new playthrough of Summers Gone and the new/changed dialogue.

Ocean did a nice job adding in some humor to a number of scenes.

Check out the bulletin board...

View attachment 3624962

The rework definitely added more good humor to the mix.

it seems that there is a sentient snake and with the capabilities of an SCP. :KEK:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

Dragongod777

Jul 14, 2023
Hi i am new to this game and i want to know is this type of story focused game were you can pick what girl you want to be with or the type where you can date multiple girls but at the end you must chose who you want to be with

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well, for one, I'm waiting for the non-beta patch. Since it's based on a completely separate script, there's a good chance that some of the original nude or semi-nude renders are also back.

Please someone tell me what oceans is smoking or drinking to say he plans on having 5 VN in the same universe is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever seen
Right, because The Lord of the Rings, The Earthsea series, The Song of Fire and Ice series and others of the world-building kind of series are soo dumb and unsuccessful? :sneaky:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
i'm probably gonna play through without any patron version or patch then I will do the other playthroughs with said patch once I do buy it on steam. Unsure if I want to buy it this month or wait as im not really ready to replay the game right now

Clumsy Wumsy

Jan 17, 2020
Hi i am new to this game and i want to know is this type of story focused game were you can pick what girl you want to be with or the type where you can date multiple girls but at the end you must chose who you want to be with
its chaotic clown fiesta at the moment, where the developer has no clear vision of the future regarding his project. Come after 4-5 years later if the vn wouldnt be abandoned by that time.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I will say even tho 1 update a year does sucks for us SG fans especially considering he works on 2 games is still a little impressive to me. Cause there are devs out that work on only 1 game and still only manage 1 per year but I suppose Ocean does have more rendering PC's than some devs so that helps.
I'm not sure where this "one update a year" bollocks comes from.

Anyone that actually looks at all the SG releases knows that's not really correct.

See the 'SG Table' in:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/

In the last year (i.e. 12 months) alone, Ocean released a 2,400+ render update and a 2,150+ render update for SG, plus a 1,970 render update for WIAB.

With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am happy and sad at the same time. It's very nice that DEV finally managed to get the game on Steam but at the same time I'm very sad that all this time between the last release and the new release there has been absolutely zero content. First of all I don't count the remake of some existing stuff as new content!!!
Have you played SG CH 5 B?

Have you played SG Season 1 Full from the beginning?

If you did you would see a number of changes in the AVN.

I think the Holgerson heist scenes (now 2 instead of 1) are much better, for example.

There is new content - regardless of how you label it.

Play it or not, there are a number of changes that make the story flow better and, IMO, some great humor added.

I repeated see people claiming that there is no new content when in fact, there is: it starts with 2,000+ renders added/reworked, new dialogue, new cinematics, new music.

Now - the Story has not advanced beyond what we have at the end of CH 5 B - something Everyone knows since Ocean has made the focus of this update clear since CH 5 B went live - finishing the polish of Summers Gone Season 1 so it could go live on Steam.

Ocean has already been working on Season 2, new Story content and new renders (OC) and we will start to receive more previews now that Steam is live.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
its chaotic clown fiesta at the moment, where the developer has no clear vision of the future regarding his project. Come after 4-5 years later if the vn wouldnt be abandoned by that time.
For the second time today, I'm gonna say to someone... from your mouth to God's ears!

On what evidence do you base your bold statement on, pray tell? Because it's nothing the Dev has said or done in the last few of years. He has exhibited the opposite, in fact, proceeding with his own vision for his story (only bending to conform to the constraints imposed by third-party service suppliers), despite the constant nay-saying from some quarters.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I'm not sure where this "one update a year" bollocks comes from.

Anyone that actually looks at all the SG releases knows that's not really correct.

See the 'SG Table' in:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/

In the last year (i.e. 12 months) alone, Ocean released a 2,400+ render update and a 2,150+ render update for SG, plus a 1,970 render update for WIAB.

With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.
ah I see was just going by what others have said never bothered to look into it myself was never a big deal to me as I know he is working hard. So never saw any issue with it if it was true or not

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
Plus can’t say that I’m a fan of losing some nude scenes, especially my fav Nami scene (the one where they wake up together after a night of cuddling).
Why it was taken out? Ocean says frequent nudity ok. It was reworked and something totally different now?

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Hopefully now that it is released on steam that means no more goddamn re-writes lol

The rewrites for SG have generally been much for the better the tone pacing and characters are all much more enjoyable (where as with WIAB I went from really liking to now don't even bother the rewrite of that one has been bleh). Game is almost unrecognizable from when it first came out (holy shit I've been playing this for 5 years kill me now).

It's hard for me to remember what's new from the Beta so maybe i'm just imaging it but Zara is really starting to stand out she is so dang adorable. Very welathy ofc but still has that sweet competitive tomboy girl next door vibes. Dream team now stands at : Bella, Victoria, Nami, Zara (though I'm pretty sure I read that Bella/Nami will be incompatible :cry:)

Reactions: yossa999

John972

Apr 24, 2018
ah I see was just going by what others have said never bothered to look into it myself was never a big deal to me as I know he is working hard. So never saw any issue with it if it was true or not
I wasn't taking a dig at you. I just happened to reply to your post.

I've just seen so many statements in this thread over the last couple of weeks that are factually (and demonstratively) incorrect, yet they get repeated and, unfortunately, many people read them and assume they're correct.

This isn't about criticism (or praise) for the game, it's just about statements that are demonstratively false (and they all involve game development or the Dev themselves; never about the actual game content).

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes