PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am happy and sad at the same time. It's very nice that DEV finally managed to get the game on Steam but at the same time I'm very sad that all this time between the last release and the new release there has been absolutely zero content. First of all I don't count the remake of some existing stuff as new content!!!
Have you played SG CH 5 B?

Have you played SG Season 1 Full from the beginning?

If you did you would see a number of changes in the AVN.

I think the Holgerson heist scenes (now 2 instead of 1) are much better, for example.

There is new content - regardless of how you label it.

Play it or not, there are a number of changes that make the story flow better and, IMO, some great humor added.

I repeated see people claiming that there is no new content when in fact, there is: it starts with 2,000+ renders added/reworked, new dialogue, new cinematics, new music.

Now - the Story has not advanced beyond what we have at the end of CH 5 B - something Everyone knows since Ocean has made the focus of this update clear since CH 5 B went live - finishing the polish of Summers Gone Season 1 so it could go live on Steam.

Ocean has already been working on Season 2, new Story content and new renders (OC) and we will start to receive more previews now that Steam is live.

Cheers!! :coffee:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
its chaotic clown fiesta at the moment, where the developer has no clear vision of the future regarding his project. Come after 4-5 years later if the vn wouldnt be abandoned by that time.
For the second time today, I'm gonna say to someone... from your mouth to God's ears!

On what evidence do you base your bold statement on, pray tell? Because it's nothing the Dev has said or done in the last few of years. He has exhibited the opposite, in fact, proceeding with his own vision for his story (only bending to conform to the constraints imposed by third-party service suppliers), despite the constant nay-saying from some quarters.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I'm not sure where this "one update a year" bollocks comes from.

Anyone that actually looks at all the SG releases knows that's not really correct.

See the 'SG Table' in:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/

In the last year (i.e. 12 months) alone, Ocean released a 2,400+ render update and a 2,150+ render update for SG, plus a 1,970 render update for WIAB.

With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.
ah I see was just going by what others have said never bothered to look into it myself was never a big deal to me as I know he is working hard. So never saw any issue with it if it was true or not

abdje019

Mar 20, 2023
Plus can’t say that I’m a fan of losing some nude scenes, especially my fav Nami scene (the one where they wake up together after a night of cuddling).
Why it was taken out? Ocean says frequent nudity ok. It was reworked and something totally different now?

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Hopefully now that it is released on steam that means no more goddamn re-writes lol

The rewrites for SG have generally been much for the better the tone pacing and characters are all much more enjoyable (where as with WIAB I went from really liking to now don't even bother the rewrite of that one has been bleh). Game is almost unrecognizable from when it first came out (holy shit I've been playing this for 5 years kill me now).

It's hard for me to remember what's new from the Beta so maybe i'm just imaging it but Zara is really starting to stand out she is so dang adorable. Very welathy ofc but still has that sweet competitive tomboy girl next door vibes. Dream team now stands at : Bella, Victoria, Nami, Zara (though I'm pretty sure I read that Bella/Nami will be incompatible :cry:)

Reactions: yossa999

John972

Apr 24, 2018
ah I see was just going by what others have said never bothered to look into it myself was never a big deal to me as I know he is working hard. So never saw any issue with it if it was true or not
I wasn't taking a dig at you. I just happened to reply to your post.

I've just seen so many statements in this thread over the last couple of weeks that are factually (and demonstratively) incorrect, yet they get repeated and, unfortunately, many people read them and assume they're correct.

This isn't about criticism (or praise) for the game, it's just about statements that are demonstratively false (and they all involve game development or the Dev themselves; never about the actual game content).

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Hopefully now that it is released on steam that means no more goddamn re-writes lol
Amen to that!

Having said that, I have very mixed feelings so far (i.e. halfway through first full playthrough) about several aspects of the Ch 2 rewrite.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Problem is finding the time and motivation to play it all lol. I've been finding myself asking the question, "How did I have time for this before?" for a lot of things I used to do in my free time recently. :confused:

Edit: Oh wait. I remember now. Is it still a case of blue balls or do we finally see some action?
Finding the time is easy, IMO.

I chose to pay more attention to enjoying Summers Gone and less to the mass of complaints on F95, freeing up significant time for this AVN. ;)

As for motivation, perhaps wait until the furor surrounding any new release by Ocean dies down, then pick a few people whose comments/posts you enjoy, search for their comments and make the call - play now or wait, perhaps for the first Season 2 release.

Life still happens and I choose not to rush through 10,000 + renders with dialogue just to be done.

Whatever choice you make, spend your time in a way that is meaningful for you and enjoy yourself - life is too short as it is.

Cheers!! :coffee:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Never underestimate the POWER of an 'unofficial' (cough!) patch...
Sure, but the patch won't have new renders as that would confirm. So any patch will only use what is there, and if they're the same, any patch working on one will work on the other.

Clumsy Wumsy

Jan 17, 2020
For the second time today, I'm gonna say to someone... from your mouth to God's ears!

On what evidence do you base your bold statement on, pray tell? Because it's nothing the Dev has said or done in the last few of years. He has exhibited the opposite, in fact, proceeding with his own vision for his story (only bending to conform to the constraints imposed by third-party service suppliers), despite the constant nay-saying from some quarters.
From reading the dialogues and looking at the overall picture, not just the renders. And this is just mess. The universe of this game in the developer’s head lives in one day. That’s why this game dont have any sex scene. Because he doesn’t know what he’s going to do next and how hes going develop the characters next after this. He has an idea and he immediately added it. And not to something that’s already planned ahead. In the early stages before all ther reworks game somehow stand out. Now its cringefest with lot of girls, where the protagonist teleports from point a to point b, and after leads a sea of meaningless and stupid conversations. Scenes that are really worth something can be counted on the fingers of the hand.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I'm not sure where this "one update a year" bollocks comes from.

Anyone that actually looks at all the SG releases knows that's not really correct.

See the 'SG Table' in:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/

In the last year (i.e. 12 months) alone, Ocean released a 2,400+ render update and a 2,150+ render update for SG, plus a 1,970 render update for WIAB.

With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.
It comes from Ocean himself.
Let me shed some light on the things using the table you referenced to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.
Th argument is development cycle which is leading to Slow Story progression argument not that story is not progressing. From Ch3 Ocean is doing reworks over rework, what is ocean reworking that are not ending? check the render count of ch1 and ch2 and even with the release of ch5 Ocean did rework of ch1,2,3,etc. People are out of their mind if they think that story is progressing at the steady pace if
roughly same amount of renders are being used to rework considering this update and about half/4th quarter of renders are rework in previous update/s.

It makes me think that Ocean might've OCD if it wasn't for Steam release. Ocean himself is sabotaging the progression bcz of bad decisions. Who said him to keep making reworks of reworks of rework? It is bcz of these reworks development cycle has fallen to 1 chapter per year. It doesn't matter if the render count has gone up from roughly 1500 to 2000 in ch5 as vast amount of those additional renders are still going in reworks and we are still getting 1 chapter per year(ch1 release: 8 may 2019 and ch5 release: 10 may 2024) which could've been 2 if you count those rework renders as not reworks and proper chapter than we would be closing in of last chapters of season 2. And if this pattern continues in Season 2 than RIP SG.

Let me know if you didn't understand anything I would be happy to make you understand it simply if you genuinely didn't understand it;).

Edit: Ping me I'll reply when I'm online again that is if you've a valid argument against my argument.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes