| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I will say even tho 1 update a year does sucks for us SG fans especially considering he works on 2 games is still a little impressive to me. Cause there are devs out that work on only 1 game and still only manage 1 per year but I suppose Ocean does have more rendering PC's than some devs so that helps.
The thing is Ocean is working on 2 games. Both of them get updates one after the other and deliver a buncha renders roughly 2000, few hundred renders up or down. Than Ocean is(was) working on SG reworks, planning on how to rework, etc. too side by side. So saying it that Ocean is milking or not working hard is bullshit (I know you didn't said it, just addressing to everyone;)). Plus Steam release sucks blood. And Ocean is solo developer. Does it suck for us fellas? Absolutely! Hopefully season 2 will fix some of the issues at least rework. But Ocean absolutely needs to keep his goal realistic. Not to forget that Wiab and SG are 2 out of 5 games from this universe with SG having at least 30 chapters:WutFace:.

#HOPE_SG_SEASON2

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The thing is Ocean is working on 2 games. Both of them get updates one after the other and deliver a buncha renders roughly 2000, few hundred renders up or down. Than Ocean is(was) working on SG reworks, planning on how to rework, etc. too side by side. So saying it that Ocean is milking or not working hard is bullshit (I know you didn't said it, just addressing to everyone;)). Plus Steam release sucks blood. And Ocean is solo developer. Does it suck for us fellas? Absolutely! Hopefully season 2 will fix some of the issues at least rework. But Ocean absolutely needs to keep his goal realistic. Not to forget that Wiab and SG are 2 out of 5 games from this universe with SG having at least 30 chapters:WutFace:.

#HOPE_SG_SEASON2
Earliest mention of the 5 planned games I know of was Jan 2020. So this is a known thing, it's not a new change. I applaud more content, but I don't think he'll be doing any work on PLF until these current two are done: one of the biggest problems of developing both SG and WiaB is that SG has to avoid being to clear about what has happened before, or it spoils WiaB too much. Right now we know Katie, Ayua's mum, Elena, Zoey Emilio and Gefritzel the snake survive. That will change the tension we notice in WiaB, as we know whether they're around or not. Mainly G of course, the true MVP.

Reactions: | Vee |

John972

Apr 24, 2018
They were short 5 years ago, when updates came out once a month. Updates with 300-400 renders for 10 minutes of gameplay, opened in 720p window. Objectively speaking, it's much better now. Even if they are released rarely, there are 3-4 hours of gameplay with high-quality visuals. VNs like evolved from PS2 to PS5 in several years.
Yeah, I kinda miss those days (2018-20) when I could pirate an AVN I liked at least once or twice a week :). Now, it's like a small handful of AVNs one or twice (if lucky) a year. However, there's no doubt that the average quality has increased in that time.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Earliest mention of the 5 planned games I know of was Jan 2020. So this is a known thing, it's not a new change. I applaud more content, but I don't think he'll be doing any work on PLF until these current two are done: one of the biggest problems of developing both SG and WiaB is that SG has to avoid being to clear about what has happened before, or it spoils WiaB too much. Right now we know Katie, Ayua's mum, Elena, Zoey Emilio and Gefritzel the snake survive. That will change the tension we notice in WiaB, as we know whether they're around or not. Mainly G of course, the true MVP.
I so just wanna know the full story. Fuck you Einstein, You should've made a time machine *Me poking my microwave, phusshhh*.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm enjoying my new playthrough of Summers Gone and the new/changed dialogue.

Ocean did a nice job adding in some humor to a number of scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check out the bulletin board...

funny bulletin board1.png

The rework definitely added more good humor to the mix.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Please someone tell me what oceans is smoking or drinking to say he plans on having 5 VN in the same universe is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever seen

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
I'm enjoying my new playthrough of Summers Gone and the new/changed dialogue.

Ocean did a nice job adding in some humor to a number of scenes.

Check out the bulletin board...

View attachment 3624962

The rework definitely added more good humor to the mix.

Cheers!! :coffee:
it seems that there is a sentient snake and with the capabilities of an SCP. :KEK:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

Dragongod777

Jul 14, 2023
Hi i am new to this game and i want to know is this type of story focused game were you can pick what girl you want to be with or the type where you can date multiple girls but at the end you must chose who you want to be with

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well, for one, I'm waiting for the non-beta patch. Since it's based on a completely separate script, there's a good chance that some of the original nude or semi-nude renders are also back.

Please someone tell me what oceans is smoking or drinking to say he plans on having 5 VN in the same universe is quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever seen
Right, because The Lord of the Rings, The Earthsea series, The Song of Fire and Ice series and others of the world-building kind of series are soo dumb and unsuccessful? :sneaky:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
i'm probably gonna play through without any patron version or patch then I will do the other playthroughs with said patch once I do buy it on steam. Unsure if I want to buy it this month or wait as im not really ready to replay the game right now

Clumsy Wumsy

Jan 17, 2020
Hi i am new to this game and i want to know is this type of story focused game were you can pick what girl you want to be with or the type where you can date multiple girls but at the end you must chose who you want to be with
its chaotic clown fiesta at the moment, where the developer has no clear vision of the future regarding his project. Come after 4-5 years later if the vn wouldnt be abandoned by that time.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I will say even tho 1 update a year does sucks for us SG fans especially considering he works on 2 games is still a little impressive to me. Cause there are devs out that work on only 1 game and still only manage 1 per year but I suppose Ocean does have more rendering PC's than some devs so that helps.
I'm not sure where this "one update a year" bollocks comes from.

Anyone that actually looks at all the SG releases knows that's not really correct.

See the 'SG Table' in:

https://f95zone.to/threads/sg-off-topic-discussion.112868/

In the last year (i.e. 12 months) alone, Ocean released a 2,400+ render update and a 2,150+ render update for SG, plus a 1,970 render update for WIAB.

With all the reworking done, some people confuse story progression with updates.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes