PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'd be interested in your (and others') opinion on aspects of the chapter 2 rewrites with respect to the Bella path. I haven't finished a full playthrough yet, so I probably still lack perspective...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In my playthrough of CH 2, I noticed a few things:

Cheers!! :coffee:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Why is it that every time someone talks about censorship he's talking about penises? Has anyone complained about the lack of dicks in the game? I guess when people complain about censorship they mean other scenes, for example:
Yeah, so much is being talked about the Nami lake scene but not the other ones. Some of them I can somewhat understand for tone of certain scenes, but the Nami cuddling one is kinda bizarre for example along with a few others. Especially if the Nami lake scene is being reverted to the uncensored version.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Lmao, as expected the thread exploded, lol.

I played the new version last night until the date with Bella, and among other things that jump at me (I've forgotten some cause it's been an entire day since):
- Ayua looked normal until chapter 2 when we suddenly got her mother out of nowhere, I don't know why he didn't redo her in chapter 1 then as well
- Ocean is giving even more of a lip service to feminists than he did before, Bella is suddenly calling MC the word I've heard only feminists use, namely the famous "incel"
- heist was funny, but honestly with the work that went into it we could've received half of chapter 6 instead
- Bella is still gorgeous af and the nudity scenes were nice, dunno why anyone would be displeased with her body, but then again I'm biased
- the first basketball match was a bit more shippy than previous version? and MC/Bella relationship progressed faster due to new heist, but then suddenly slowed down to old tempo

Lastly, to sum up (I haven't finished the playthrough yet): the development time spent on this politically-correct mess could've been spent on chapter 6 instead. Plus, people who were complaining over soundtrack taking so much of his focus were seemingly correct cause from what members have been saying here, it wasn't Steam that was the reason for the self-censure and loss of most lewd scenes; it was music contract clauses. As somebody who always plays VNs with headphones sitting on my desk I really don't understand why I'm being punished when I'm not even being given something in return that I value.

The revelation that Ocean actually plans on FIVE GAMES being released when he's been incapable of moving EVEN ONE MORE PAST 1/4 of the way to the finish in 5 years.... FIVE FREAKING YEARS!!! is fucking hilarious and laughable. And tragic.

I don't think we'll ever see SG completed. Not with him with his head up in the clouds (or somewhere darker, smellier), especially not in a never-ending death spiral of constant reworks without even attempting to move the story forward (25% of the story is completed and he's already 5 years in development... think about that).

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, so much is being talked about the Nami lake scene but not the other ones. Some of them I can somewhat understand for tone of certain scenes, but the Nami cuddling one is kinda bizarre for example along with a few others. Especially if the Nami lake scene is being reverted to the uncensored version.
Because he was forced to tick the 'frequent nudity' option by Steam, thus he will be putting some back in but not so many that it will switch the age rating.

It may seem strange to a non Steam developer, but everything was done to avoid losing music he had paid money for and to avoid an 18+ rating. People can disagree with that naturally, but then it'snot their business or livelihood on the line is it?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
How legit is this as of now.
Based on the note on the bottom, this was accurate (based on what has been shared by Ocean, primarily on Discord) as of Dec, 2023.

Some thoughts/theories by various fans of SG:

The dark stuff is getting cut back/is gone (see the notes about dom/sub Amber & Bella content).

There are a few new teachers that are not included in the list - I have not seen anything confirming them as lewdable or no sexy time at all.

The chances for one of the new teachers to become another LI is limited/unlikely based on other comments by Ocean.

The guaranteed LI's and Zara (based on the notes for her as an LI) are, we believe, going to be LIs regardless of what happens with other women.

No harem and, sadly, I very strongly doubt that we will somehow get an Amber/Bella throuple.

We may get more refinement of this list once the dust from the Steam/Patreon/SS release of SG Season 1 settles but I am not aware of a specific timeline for any update.

Cheers!! :coffee:

KGregory

Jul 9, 2019
Summer's Gone [S1 Steam + DLC] [Oceanlab]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Please forgive my lack of knowledge, or ignorance, on being able to fix these issues myself. I downloaded the Mac version and the following came up:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 284, in script

python:

ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "/private/var/folders/6z/yj42x_rs0dxgfw5xny0y0x000000gn/T/AppTranslocation/70B62A3B-BE9C-4D4A-8A83-2C09B77ABB78/d/SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap

renpy.main.main()

File "/private/var/folders/6z/yj42x_rs0dxgfw5xny0y0x000000gn/T/AppTranslocation/70B62A3B-BE9C-4D4A-8A83-2C09B77ABB78/d/SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 670, in main

run(restart)

File "/private/var/folders/6z/yj42x_rs0dxgfw5xny0y0x000000gn/T/AppTranslocation/70B62A3B-BE9C-4D4A-8A83-2C09B77ABB78/d/SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 144, in run

renpy.execution.run_context(True)

File "/private/var/folders/6z/yj42x_rs0dxgfw5xny0y0x000000gn/T/AppTranslocation/70B62A3B-BE9C-4D4A-8A83-2C09B77ABB78/d/SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context

context.run()

File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 284, in script

python:

File "/private/var/folders/6z/yj42x_rs0dxgfw5xny0y0x000000gn/T/AppTranslocation/70B62A3B-BE9C-4D4A-8A83-2C09B77ABB78/d/SummersGone_Season1_Steam.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 1013, in lookup

raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64

Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

I AM DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM. ARE YOU ABLE TO ADVISE ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE? Thanks in advance.

Dec 6, 2017
I have "unliked" this game, I get being slow but that's just a little bit too much, to say the least. Def not one to look for just because of its production schedule or whatever the reason ($$$) that makes this run like a turtle.

Reactions: Infidel

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Maviarab you know what choices imma make with this MC… tho idk if the LI list is accurate atm since it keeps expanding… probably a lot of people choosing Dom? I’d choose sub but normal is… a lovely middle to things… really like the VN… tho I see it’s a hop topic of activity… :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
you know what choices imma make with this MC… tho idk if the LI list is accurate atm since it keeps expanding… probably a lot of people choosing Dom? I’d choose sub but normal is… a lovely middle to things
Not even sure that exists anymore to be honest hehehe....
tho I see it’s a hop topic of activity… :ROFLMAO:
Oh....for sure...for sure

• Haha
Reactions: Silver_Crow117

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
If I remember correctly, there was an incest tag. And even some erotic scenes with the sister.
Did the developer cut all that out? Or are the “family members” just calling each other by names and we have to wait for a patch?

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I will say it again, people confuse story progress with updates, and they have since the reworks began with Chapter 3.

Look, people have been writing off SG since the reworks began, making all sorts of predictions and statements.

The reworks are apparently finished, so let's reserve judgement for 12 months time... and see how many updates come out between now and May 2025 and whether or not there are "reworks of the reworks".
I really don't care what people believe in I told you what I believe in by being rational, providing facts and not predictions(except that reworks could've replaced a half or one third chapter alongside the chapters if you check render counts from ch3 to ch5). People sometimes will omit the fact deliberately but I'm not like that and even if i miss a fact and someone points out I'll agree, there might be some things that we may not be able to agree on but I do agree on season 2 being hope since I've been posting in this thread I said one thing "SG season 2 is our hope" and I'm waiting for it. If things stay as it is than Ocean really has some issue with himself bcz we humans strive to be better and not overwork, it's designed in our brain. And I truly believe Ocean will learn from SG season 1.

Nevertheless, It's not like Ocean is not putting effort, his effort is showing (Dude is putting out roughly 6000 renders in a year, combining WIAB, SG and reworks together) but we don't want repeat of season 1 in season 2. He just needs to do better planning and don't jump the gun on reworks after every chapter release.

Last edited:

Valdazz

Apr 8, 2019
Ok...i decided to not touch Ch5 Beta... So i can have a blast with the full release when it comes...and after the long torturous wait...all i got.....is censorship?.....Should i have just played the beta?....Is it even worth playing anymore?....My disappointment hits like a fucking truck...Maybe i should just stop playing AVNs for a while

Last edited:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Ok...i decided to not touche Ch5 Beta... So i can have a blast with the full release when it comes...and after the long torturous wait...all i got.....is censorship?.....Should i have just played the beta?....Is it even worth playing anymore?....My disappointment hits like a fucking truck...Maybe i should just stop playing AVNs for a while
This is what it is, both Steam and patreon are same iirc. Season 1 is shifted from AVN to VN(16+) and season 2 will be AVN(18+).

• Sad
Reactions: Valdazz
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes