aiden2020

Dec 21, 2020
I started developing the update in late June, after Where it all began 0.6 released. So it took around 5 months to create this update.
But during this time I was also desperately trying to get Blender to work for the WiAB rework. A lot of time and energy was put into that.

Besides that, Chapter 3 took a huge toll on my mental health because it felt like I was going nowhere. I think that happens when you do 1850 still renders and 10000 animation renders.
You finish 100 renders and you just know that is not even a small part of it.

The quality also took a hit thanks to the time pressure. I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted to on a render because there was always this nagging feeling.

Meanwhile, you are under fire from every direction because it takes so long. Then you start to overthink, "What if the update is not good enough after all this time?"

Also one of the reasons why I said to not get hyped about Chapter 3. We are only leaving the introduction and many people might expect too much from such an early chapter.

And another burden that was gladly lifted off my shoulders was the financial aspect. Here in Germany, we have the highest energy prices in the world, and boy, did I get a juicy letter early this month. I think I don't need to mention the tax rates here in Germany and the now increasing costs of health insurance thanks to Covid.

If Chapter 3 would not have given me much support, I would have needed a part-time job which would have fucked the development cycle a lot.
I am just glad this isn't a problem right now.

But now that the games have their own PC and the Chapters are cut in half, we are going to have much more frequent updates.

If it was about the money, then the games would have a harem + Loli tag.

I gain nothing from dragging the development out. I have five games planned in this universe and I would love to finish SG and WiAB as fast as I can so that I can start working on the next game. (Without rushing them of course.)

Still, glad you like the game. :)

Oh boy. I really wish I could support you. but as long as I live in this shithole called Iran my hands are tied. you may not know this but after Venezuela, we have the lowest currency. if I had to paint a picture, my dad's monthly payment is less than 150 dollars. we barely can afford to pay for bells and food. and the only thing that kept me happy is me hoping that one day with the help of my passion I would finally get out of this mess (and of course very few people like you were also helped me to really enjoy my time).

wow, I always tend to ramble a lot. just wanted to say thank you for your efforts but mostly apologize for not being able to support you!
Believe it or not, your game makes me happy. I know it's not exactly a happy game but I do really enjoy it. so thank you <3

Last edited:

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
I downloaded and have begun playing Summer's Gone, based on recommendations in respect to its quality received on another thread. It's too soon for me to write much about it yet except to say that the art, animations and story are quite possibly the best I have ever seen - achingly, stunningly beautiful. I'm blown away by Summer's Gone, and, for once, actually lost for words.

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
This VN is really good, I might even say it's my favorite VN if only it is updated every 3 months, because each chapter is released once a year, I'm dying to know what happens next, sorry for being a cunt, but I want more
Maybe every 4-5 months now

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Malkovichi

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
I downloaded and have begun playing Summer's Gone, based on recommendations in respect to its quality received on another thread. It's too soon for me to write much about it yet except to say that the art, animations and story are quite possibly the best I have ever seen - achingly, stunningly beautiful. I'm blown away by Summer's Gone, and, for once, actually lost for words.
One of us! One of us! :p

Welcome to the club.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
One of us! One of us! :p

Welcome to the club.
You, sir, are one of the people singing the praises of Summer's Gone (on the Milfy City thread in fact) who encouraged me to seek it out, for which my eternal gratitude: it's immersive, compulsive, gripping, dramatic, emotionally engaging, thought provoking and, well, completely wonderful. After walking away from my computer, hours later, I often find myself thinking about the characters, evolving relationships and situations in the game, involuntarily, like a thing possessed.

I have NEVER stumbled upon a visual novel of such DEPTH before.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
You, sir, are one of the people singing the praises of Summer's Gone (on the Milfy City thread in fact) who encouraged me to seek it out, for which my eternal gratitude: it's immersive, compulsive, gripping, dramatic, emotionally engaging, thought provoking and, well, completely wonderful. After walking away from my computer, hours later, I often find myself thinking about the characters, evolving relationships and situations featured in the game, involuntarily, like a thing possessed.

I have NEVER stumbled upon a visual novel of such DEPTH before.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
download.jpg
Also give Oceanlab's other game Where It All Began a look. Its going through a rework, but its the same world as Summers Gone.

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Gotta say, this has got me hooked. Definitely becoming a patron next paycheck. As far as stories go, imo, this is the best on f95. I enjoyed your other story so far as well, but this has to be my favorite. It has been awhile since I've been so immersed in a story.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes