Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Can someone tell me what is the last render of this update?
Its the cinematic with MC and Bella facing each other as they're about to start their date/business-meeting. I think there's a "This is the end for now" message right after that, so you should easily know when you hit the end.

Reckless_XD

Dec 14, 2019
Its the cinematic with MC and Bella facing each other as they're about to start their date/business-meeting. I think there's a "This is the end for now" message right after that, so you should easily know when you hit the end.
Ok thanks. I may not be the sharpest, so the most recent update didn't really add much content?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Ok thanks. I may not be the sharpest, so the most recent update didn't really add much content?
Yep. In terms of content, Ch3Final was just the polished, final version of Ch3Beta. It added a bit of gym content, but it was mostly just bug fixes.

But if you mean from Ch2 to Ch3, there was a good chunk of stuff added.

Reckless_XD

Dec 14, 2019
Yep. In terms of content, Ch3Final was just the polished, final version of Ch3Beta. It added a bit of gym content, but it was mostly just bug fixes.

But if you mean from Ch2 to Ch3, there was a good chunk of stuff added.
I remembered my last playthrough, then I soon came to realize it was just minor additions and quality of life update.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I remembered my last playthrough, then I soon came to realize it was just minor additions and quality of life update.
The Sasha gym content is nice to see, for what its worth. Nothing major, but you get a sense for Robin and Sasha's personalities, and it displays their clear interest in Bella.

zZONED

Jun 19, 2019
This game should be what devs point to achieve in terms of visuals. So many of them have multiple powerful machines but they still don't make the most out of them; using limited props, low res textures and bad lighting. We are coming to a turning point in adult games, years back it would take hours to finish renders this good, but now with cards like 30s and big vram pools we can even get short cinematic animations without taking a big toll on render times.

PurpleDreams

Oct 1, 2020
When MC dropped the glowing flower and a sea of them appeared outside, I thought it was the trigger for her disappearance somehow.

However, we now know that Summer did not vanish at the cabin but sometime later. Plus, this game seems otherwise to be pretty grounded without any mystical elements, so I'm still wondering what the deal is with those flowers.
Flowers = Streaks of lights shinning through the roller shutters.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Other than some grammar, spelling and syntax errors plus some odd event timing(like a girl starting class 2 days after a paralyzing car accident), this looks good. I like the general premise and the characters. With the right polish, it could be a great one.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
To be honest I've never been so affected or emotionally engaged by a visual novel before. What is weird is how my opinion of some of the characters has altered and changed as I've come to know them and understand them better. None more so in fact than Bella, who I originally dismissed as an archetypal "mean girl", i.e., beautiful, haughty, wealthy, spoilt, cosseted and privileged, who took pleasure in torturing innocent, defenceless and less fortunate peers for no other reason than she could and always get away with it. (I expect we've all met people like that.) Then, as the story gradually evolved, I began to realise that at her core Bella was not like that at all but a damaged person, much like the MC himself, who had suffered some kind of inconceivably tragic experience which wounded her so deeply, completely and terribly that it distorted her personality, broke her spirit and twisted the world away from her, burning and scarring her as much as Summer's disappearance had the MC, altering the course of her life forever. Both were shattered individuals fated not to become the people that they should have been because personal catastrophe had left them estranged from society, doomed to live as outsiders wracked by almost intolerable suffering which might never be undone.

Initially I loathed Bella, then began to understand her, then became sympathetic towards her and now I love her! WTF? What a roller coaster ride Bella turned out to be! And she's just one of Summer's Gone characters! The drama of Summer's Gone is nothing less than Shakespearean and such a brewing masterpiece meant I HAD to become an official Patreon supporter of Ocean - didn't really want to - was forced to - literally couldn't help becoming so.

I'm rambling...

Ocean's Patreon pages are actually really interesting reading, especially if you are technically inclined, because besides talking about the games he is developing he also writes about hardware and software. I was intrigued to read that he is going to model one of his characters, experimentally, using the open source Blender program, which I have tinkered with in the past but found hard work I have to admit. Blender is excellent software but has a very complicated and quirky user interface and is less well documented, as it comes, than commercial software. (Although there are plenty of books available and freebie online tutorials on tap on the web.) Anybody interested can download the program from its website (or repository if you use Linux) gratis. Because Blender uses OpenGL, is written in C++ and scripted in Python, versions are available for most operating systems; if you want to preview what it can do (and it can do plenty!) check out some of the Blender movies on YouTube.

Rambling again...

Anyway, what I actually came here to say is that when I visited Oceanlab's Patreon pages I didn't notice many people giving the guy much praise for his efforts and would suggest that Patreon supporters reading these words drop by and tell the developer how much you like his work, as more and more of you in growing numbers are doing on this thread. Artists feed off praise (my artistic girlfriend tells me) and I don't think it'll hurt if you write a few kind words, on the relevant Patreon pages, expressing your admiration for Oceanlab's output, which, in my humble opinion, is the best of the best extant as far as the genre is concerned.

Summer's Gone put me through the full gamut of human emotion.

(No game has ever done that for me before.)

And, yes, I do know that this is a ridiculously long post!

(Couldn't help that either. ;))

Last edited:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Anyone have a walkthrough for Mila? It's my favorite but it seems like I always end up with Bella. Or is there still no good content with mila?

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes