zandalari

May 4, 2019
And folk are free to feel like that. Doesn't help with the multitude of dumb VN's around that use the terms...it kinda skewers one's perception of the terms hehe. However, when everything is revealed, incest mods will make zero sense. Could Ocean have the characters use different terms themselves? Yes, yes he could...and I admit that would be less cringe.
I, too, have always been warned against dating my roommates. The society at large is not ready for such romances.

Pass the shrooms.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Worry not. The last 2 mods in the OP should make playing this game (the latest release) mildly enjoyable instead of complete ass ;)

Wait wait wait..."owner" is not the word you want to use here. We all know the Patreon codewords. I have been a tenant my whole life and never paid rent at my landlord and landlady's house growing up. Neither did my younger roommate. Bet you the MC and Nami never paid rent at their landlord's house either. Neither at their adoptive landlady's house. But they are still tenants and roommates. :sneaky:
I don't know, I've never been a roommate, but yes, that's what I want to avoid in the game... I just think it's a shame to use this term in renpy games just to get past the censors....

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Season 2 - Chapter 1 - Dev Log #7
I can't find it
Hello,

GOG now gave me the next potential release date (June 5th). Let's hope it works.
And regarding Epic, I have been getting ghosted for over a week now, and well, there is nothing I can do there until they answer.

I have also been approached by a company named Stove (Smilegate), which translates games into Korean and is similar to Steam. Just in the Korean/Asian market.
I'm still verifying some essential things before I can say more.

As always, work is being done consistently and with a newfound energy. I've not been mentioning any render counts or percentages for the same reason as why I won't be giving out any estimates that aren't set in stone.
It's peaceful.

In the last log, I previewed the new dialogue style, etc.
Messe and I have made some adjustments to it.

He reduced the size of the speaker's name and also adjusted the dialogue size.

These are just example images.
The new dialogue style won't be added to Season 1.

It looks especially cinematic when nobody speaks, and instead, it's just a general scene description.
Of course, we might still make some adjustments with the release of S2-Chapter 1.
When we test it, we must check how it looks and feels. It can't be too small, or it will tire your eyes out, etc.

I've also mentioned the new choice style.

Orange choices advance the conversation.
Blue choices allow you to ask for more info about a certain topic.
(Messe is asleep; otherwise, I would ask him to change the description of the choices in the image to what I said above. But I have an ungodly sleep schedule. Totally my fault.)

Now that the MC is slooooowly healing, you can find out more about people.

Previews - 4k attached
I did mention that I'd be showing some Bellchen previews today, but scratch that. The scene is too cute, and I don't want to spoil it. Sorry.

But don't you worry... I have the next best thing...
Marla!
Amber's therapy is paying off.

Ayua

Sonya sparring with Ayua before the MC. Sorry, MC, Sonya is her new fav.
Vic's ready to join if necessary.

And at last...
"Stop laughing, Robin!"

Ever since my PC bluescreened an hour before I first uploaded to Steam, and I found my SSD hanging from the ceiling of my PC case, the PC has been acting weird.

Regarding the workstation:
I had planned to buy the workstation directly after Steam, but I had to recalculate due to some unfortunate events.
SG's Steam release helped me, but the German gov will be very interested in the Steam/Epic/GOG release and will adjust my pre-tax for 2025 accordingly.
Always happy to finance bike lanes in Peru, Germany. :)
I will wait 2-3 months until I know what I have to pay every quarter in pre-tax, and then I'll get the new Workstation.
For transparency's sake, I was already hit with a big boy bill a few days ago because Germany thinks the pre-tax I paid for 2023 wasn't enough and now wants a little more. And it will be adjusted again due to Steam, etc.
The annoying part is that many of the things I buy for the games can't just be declared as a business expense for the year I bought them; instead, they need to be written off over 3-10 years.
Simply put, I pay taxes on money I've already reinvested in the game, which is annoying.
Thankfully, I have a competent tax office that ensures I have room to breathe.

By waiting with the workstation, I'm just being careful... Because every German knows, you don't fuck with taxes or play the song from Gigi D'Agostino, L'amour toujours.

On the bright side, I already have the A6000 ADAs I wanted, and the workstation will be cheaper than I initially anticipated.

I'll see you in two weeks.

• Ocean
This first season 2 update is looking REALLY nice... Looks to have a good amount of content too *fingers crossed*...

Reactions: Yaaai

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
He only plays SG, every second of his life that he is awake.

At least that would explain his obsession with a game that he claims is shite from a devs he claims is a stupid milker that does everything wrong.
You did not guess right. I'm more amused by the stupidity of white knights. I love making fun of them between chapters when they defend Ocean's mistakes and shortcomings so hard. Sometimes I even think that Ocean pays them for this. :KEK:

By the way, since you brought up the topic of milkers, doesn't Ocean promise a bunch of different things to his fans, and then collect money from them and do nothing? As far as I know, this is precisely why the developers are called milkmen.

How many VN have you played ? :unsure:
I only play AVN

Reactions: hawk784563

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
This first season 2 update is looking REALLY nice... Looks to have a good amount of content too *fingers crossed*...
Are you referring to the second season?
If so, apparently the first chapter from season 2 will be longer than chapter 5

Reactions: TRKaiser

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Just finished my first playthrough, realistically how many saves should I make for different love interests so far?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Just finished my first playthrough, realistically how many saves should I make for different love interests so far?
Realistically? One should be more than enough.

No matter what you do with the content so far it's not gonna lock you out of any route. A single playthrough where you try to get as many points as you can with all girls should suffice.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
If you are preparing for the second season I would recommend these:

1-Zara/Nadia
IMG_20240604_231936.jpg
2-Amber(Maybe the cabin)

IMG_20240604_233321.jpg

3-Marla(therapy with Nika )

IMG_20240604_233558.jpg

4-Vanessa(Buy decent clothes with Nika)

5-Mila/Nami/Vic(Meeting with Vic or Mila )

The first season was focused on Bela, Maybe in the second season it will have less content.

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
I'm genuinely curious if Ocean has a mostly finished script for his stories, particularly for WiAB and SG. Given that both games intersect at certain points and, if I'm not mistaken, each consists of around 30 chapters, it would be interesting to know if the scripts are largely complete and he's now primarily focusing on the visual aspects, making only minor adjustments to the scripts as needed. It would be fascinating to read the raw manuscripts for both games...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I'm genuinely curious if Ocean has a mostly finished script for his stories, particularly for WiAB and SG. Given that both games intersect at certain points and, if I'm not mistaken, each consists of around 30 chapters, it would be interesting to know if the scripts are largely complete and he's now primarily focusing on the visual aspects, making only minor adjustments to the scripts as needed. It would be fascinating to read the raw manuscripts for both games...
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-s1-steam-dlc-oceanlab.29981/post-11447725
I technically finished writing Summer's Gone.
It got a total of 32 Chapters for the main story... I will certainly rewrite some Chapters that haven't been released yet over time, but well. Now we have a number.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes