fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
That's good question I asked myself long time ago. We don't know yet... But... Three criminal families founded (buy? stole?) a college... I think something is wrong there. If they wanted to go legit, there are much easier way to do so... Or another question... What's should happen to "motivate" three crime families to open a college together...
fishbrain William Zane is the MC of WiAB...
Willi is the MC in WiaB, who is most likely Ayua's dad (and probably 90% of the town's daddy :KEK:)

It's hard to keep the two games separate as we've got Katie appearing in SG, Emilio shows up in WiaB, Leia and Willi are mentioned in the bookclub, Stefan is the brother of Katie's WiaB era girlfriend who hangs out with Bella...

They're very intertwined. But Willi's only been mentioned in passing so far. Oh! And Willi's pet snake has been alluded to as roaming ZPR.
Thank you both, I kinda figured that but this is one of the first times I've seen in the forum where people refer to the MC as his default name instead of just as "the mc"

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
About the college, it might be a translation thing. Some people talk about different schools within a university, some people have university and college as pure synonyms... I just take it as being the whole uni. As far as sponsorship goes, They might be bankrolling it, which doesn't mean that Leia or Willi are the dean at all. They might just be laundering their money to come clean.
I was gonna reply to rudy007 regarding this very subject. Yes it varies from place to place. In my country a University is more of a campus, as in, a group of colleges. And the colleges can be spread out over a large area of the city. But people do use the word as a synonym for college though.

And yeah I totally agree. We know that sports and gym culture is ingrained in the Zane family and an education institution does provide them with the legitimacy that a criminal family would like to have as a front.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
That's good question I asked myself long time ago. We don't know yet... But... Three criminal families founded (buy? stole?) a college... I think something is wrong there. If they wanted to go legit, there are much easier way to do so... Or another question... What's should happen to "motivate" three crime families to open a college together...
fishbrain William Zane is the MC of WiAB...
I think everything is much simpler. They organized the ZPR company to launder money. In some countries, companies that engage in sponsorship have preferences. They could sponsor a college to, for example, reduce their taxes, and their children would be considered privileged there.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Damn, now I'm the one defending Bella here.
Bella makes hasty and biased judgments about people.
But she believes what she says. She's not a liar.
While I do agree that she doesn't seem to lie all that much, she lies convincingly enough when she pranks Nami to wear the MOR college uniform on the first day. She's no angel, that's for sure.

razante

Dec 4, 2023
It's totally possible to have a good time playing Summer's Gone without having tried WIAB, but the two novels are intrinsically connected because, basically, the story of WIAB is about the parents/relatives of the current characters. However, for me, it's a different experience after going through the chapters of WIAB, especially in chapter 5 of Summer's Gone where someone might overlook the names William and Leia if they didn't know who these people were in the past. Another thing, for those who haven't played WIAB, SG might seem like just a college-themed AVN with some side stories of the LIs, but having the knowledge of WIAB behind it, you know that this universe is much more about a story of power that the Zane family acquires over time, both in illegality and legality, and that's why it becomes much more interesting.

And that's why, to me, it doesn't make sense for Nika to be just someone who isn't related and was thrown into this dispute by chance. Regarding his past, he may not have any kinship with the Zane family, but at least his parents must have a very close relationship with the Zane family, like Scarlett, Katarina, Joe...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Some will argue that we only have the commentary of Zara and Vanessa to go by regarding how their mother treated them.

I think Zara and Vanessa's mother was a nasty bitch, and Bella actually lends additional credence to this feeling:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Based on what we actually know right now, the only thing Nick is guilty of is working too hard for his growing family.

How many of us in RL have heard of or know of someone close to us - family or good friend - who overdid work hoping to make a good life for their family only to fall into the trap that what their family really needed was more of their time and attention.

I like Nick and his actions have, so far, painted him as a good man and a good dad - not perfect - but good.

He has certainly stepped up to the plate for Noji and her family.

While I currently don't like Vanessa, I could also accept that she adapted to her mother's abusive nature by speaking less and observing more - making her less of a target for her mother's anger perhaps?

I may actually grow to like Vanessa in time, but Ocean has far more storytelling to share with me to convert me to a Vanessa fan versus the strong Zara advocate I've become.

I also think Zara craves someone she respects to show that they value her and believe in her. I think that there are major rewards to pursuing Zara as an LI - including someone who is fiercely loyal and protective of her guy and, later in life, a giving and caring mother who will make sure that her children have the love and support that she did not receive from her own mother.

IMO - Ocean has done a stellar job revealing both Bella and Zara as LI's worth pursuing, and I think the other LI's in the wings will require some great storytelling to make them competitive with Bella and Zara.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Winterstale

Oct 3, 2018
I follow you my bro, I still think that Nika is the son of Leia and William, but for some sort of reason they can't act as parents, like the stigma of people knowing he is a child of incest or some sort. And wtf, he has William face with Leia's eyes.
Even if we assume that Nika is William's son, which I'd love despite the cliché, I don’t get why Leia would be the mother. Logically, it would be more interesting if the mother were the love interest from the first game, chosen by the player.

However, I do wonder how challenging it would be to implement this, given the numerous women William interacts with :HideThePain:. Also, how would this idea fit into the overall story and plot of both games...

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Darkdevil66
I follow you my bro, I still think that Nika is the son of Leia and William, but for some sort of reason they can't act as parents, like the stigma of people knowing he is a child of incest or some sort. And wtf, he has William face with Leia's eyes.
the-office-no-god-please-no-no.gif
This would create too much important incest plots that would be hard to hide from Patreon.
I may actually grow to like Vanessa in time, but Ocean has far more storytelling to share with me to convert me to a Vanessa fan versus the strong Zara advocate I've become.
please-i-cant-take-anymore-of-your-blah-blah.gif
No!

William + Miru = MC Ayua
Leia/Katerina + William = Vanessa and Zara
William + Daphne = Nami :unsure:
Fixed :whistle:

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Even if we assume that Nika is William's son, which I'd love despite the cliché, I don’t get why Leia would be the mother. Logically, it would be more interesting if the mother were the love interest from the first game, chosen by the player.

However, I do wonder how challenging it would be to implement this, given the numerous women William interacts with :HideThePain:. Also, how would this idea fit into the overall story and plot of both games...
No!

William + Miru = MC
Leia + William = Summer
William + Daphne = Nami

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes