Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I wonder what the psychology was behind me trying to shoot the teacher in the first scene, despite not knowing her at all and not benefitting from it in anyway.
I interpreted it as MC having a super nihilistic view of things. A kind of "fucked up things happen to everyone, its life. Anyone can die at any time from any thing, even me" mindset. He's just so detached from everything in that intro, its not even about morals or benefit or anger or anything. Simply, the option is there, so he takes it. Nothing matters, so why not?

I wonder if Oceanlab thought that was a bit too dark. Because once the first day of school starts, MC is much more lighthearted, if "on-the-spectrum" emotionally stunted.

I'm kind of hoping it gets addressed again, because while fucked up, its a rare and interesting aspect of a protagonist. There's some good storytelling to be mined from it.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I interpreted it as MC having a super nihilistic view of things. A kind of "fucked up things happen to everyone, its life. Anyone can die at any time from any thing, even me" mindset. He's just so detached from everything in that intro, its not even about morals or benefit or anger or anything. Simply, the option is there, so he takes it. Nothing matters, so why not?

I wonder if Oceanlab thought that was a bit too dark. Because once the first day of school starts, MC is much more lighthearted, if "on-the-spectrum" emotionally stunted.

I'm kind of hoping it gets addressed again, because while fucked up, its a rare and interesting aspect of a protagonist. There's some good storytelling to be mined from it.
Yeah but it's hard to write a fine line between emotionally stunted nihilist and a cringe and edgy run of the mill pessimist with maximum angst

And honestly, our MC here is a bit edgy and cringe, specially in the introduction. And it also doesn't help that information about our MC's past and trauma is specifically held back from us the players to wonder, which makes us feel detatched from the MC instead of understanding him.

Honestly, I'm hoping our dude doesn't stick too long in his edgy phase and grows as a character because bare with me on this, I'm unironically reading/playing this thing for the plot.

*Edit: as much as I'd like the edge to be toned down, I'd also prefer it if his final fantasy esque japanese boyband hair style get toned down too because it's ridiculous lmao

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
Yeah but it's hard to write a fine line between emotionally stunted nihilist and a cringe and edgy run of the mill pessimist with maximum angst

And honestly, our MC here is a bit edgy and cringe, specially in the introduction. And it also doesn't help that information about our MC's past and trauma is specifically held back from us the players to wonder, which makes us feel detatched from the MC instead of understanding him.

Honestly, I'm hoping our dude doesn't stick too long in his edgy phase and grows as a character because bare with me on this, I'm unironically reading/playing this thing for the plot.

*Edit: as much as I'd like the edge to be toned down, I'd also prefer it if his final fantasy esque japanese boyband hair style get toned down too because it's ridiculous lmao
depending on how you play the game the mc can already be at a pretty fast pace into not completely broken, any faster and it would seem unreasonable,

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes