felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problems causing the delays got sorted out, so we should be getting updates more quickly now. The goal is smaller sized updates every 3-4 months roughly, iirc.
this is already one of the answers I was looking for....

i've played a couple of runs of this game, now i'm thinking if and how to play some more. the rating is definitely positive. it's a pity for a game that focuses so much on the story and involvement that it starts with a scene bordering on WTF (not the dream, but the car crash with the armed teacher..), but after this initial slip there is a very good characterization (of course in development) with many interactions between the different characters, and not only between Mc and the girls.

in the end it was not a burden the absence of sex for this first part of the journey, instead it is not easy to identify with the protagonist for his traumatic load that makes him objectively an asshole almost every time.

very curious about future developments, although we see dark clouds, for virtually all LIs, on the horizon ...

is it correct to assume that the LIs will be the 5 present in the gallery or is this a situation yet to be defined?

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The start was so weird! I sorta rolled with it, thinking the MC was a spirit or the grim reaper. Imagine the surprise next scene... o_O
you're right, it's a very "character introduction" scene in a manga

the girl met by chance who seems to have understood perfectly what ails the protagonist, the sudden accident, the separation...

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
yeah, what Oceanlab said is that it's 3-4 months per update for both games. Since he now has two computers like you said. So any work towards WiAB shouldn't affect an update for Summer's Gone.
It might be a bit slower while he reworks WIAB however. I can see that taking a bit more focus than just standard updates. Personally I'm hoping for something around May/June (for either game) but I'm willing to be patient either way.

Reactions: johndoe19

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
yeah, what Oceanlab said is that it's 3-4 months per update for both games. Since he now has two computers like you said. So any work towards WiAB shouldn't affect an update for Summer's Gone.
Yea.... I think it is a lot safer to base our expectations on what has actually happened so far, rather than make assumptions about computing power, and faster output. For those of you that look at Patreon, how many devs say that when they hit their goal they can buy new computing equipment, and release updates much faster? They may buy the equipment, but updating frequency never gets faster. In my experience, update frequency always goes down with time, never up, no matter how many patrons subscribe or how popular the game is. In fact, it has an inverse relationship. The more Patreon cash and the more popular the game, the slower the updates.

I am not criticizing. Everyone is free to support the devs that you think are doing a good job, or not. I am just saying we should all be realistic. At the moment, WIAB is updated every 6 to 8 months, and SG is updated once per year. I think we should all expect that to continue moving forward, until we see something different in actual releases.

Reactions: Sharku

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Yea.... I think it is a lot safer to base our expectations on what has actually happened so far, rather than make assumptions about computing power, and faster output. For those of you that look at Patreon, how many devs say that when they hit their goal they can buy new computing equipment, and release updates much faster? They may buy the equipment, but updating frequency never gets faster. In my experience, update frequency always goes down with time, never up, no matter how many patrons subscribe or how popular the game is. In fact, it has an inverse relationship. The more Patreon cash and the more popular the game, the slower the updates.
Two comments.
First while computing power is expensive the popular games generate more than enough cash flow to hang pretty close to the bleeding edge, if the developer can devote a substantial majority of that cash to hardware and licenses. The simple truth is that virtually all of us have little if any visibility into the finances of the developers. Give financial support to whom you choose, but realize you're putting money into a venture that has no accountability to you. It's a matter of trust and hope, you pay your money and take your chances.

Second there is the issue of the opportunity of increased computing capacity. Microsoft windows has been out for decades and the computing power of the systems on which it runs has increased by several orders of magnitude (tens of thousands of times). Yet, other than the benefits from solid state disks, it boots no faster. Because the more computing power that's available the more the programmers will do with it as long as the ultimate result is within the patience of the consumer.

The folks who develop the software tools that VN producers use are no different. As the systems become more powerful they offer options, improvements, and enhancements that provided a "better" result but take just as much time. Which leaves the VN producers the decision as to whether they will provide a "better" visual result in their current time frame or the same result more quickly. That's a tough choice for most developers and with good reason. A product with higher quality visuals is going to get praised, and eventually become the standard to which other products will be compared.

We can find hundreds of reviews where people disparage a VN because it's visuals would have been good 2-3 years ago but now fall short of expectations. Ignoring the fact that if the visuals met expectations they be bitching about slow updates.

So it's a question of balance. A question that each developer must answer for themself. We can then decide to stick with the VN or move on.

SG and WIAB are quality products. I'll wait to see how Ocean balances new capacity with release times. If releases don't become substantially more frequent, it's unlikely I'll live to see the end of the stories. But it will be a fun ride.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019

I am not criticizing. Everyone is free to support the devs that you think are doing a good job, or not. I am just saying we should all be realistic. At the moment, WIAB is updated every 6 to 8 months, and SG is updated once per year. I think we should all expect that to continue moving forward, until we see something different in actual releases.
I see where you are coming from, however, I will choose to believe what oceanlab himself says over assumptions and speculations. My reasoning is that I am of the mindset of taking someones word until they give me reason to do otherwise. So in the next few months, if no update is released for either or both games, only then will I be skeptical of when he says updates will be released.

Yugan

Jan 18, 2021
can anyone tell me what software is required to do renders for VNs. I'm just curious to find out so I can look into them and watch a few basic tutorials. Having dabbled in a few ancient ones like Maya back in 2000, I wanna gauge the newer SW to see if its any better.

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
can anyone tell me what software is required to do renders for VNs. I'm just curious to find out so I can look into them and watch a few basic tutorials. Having dabbled in a few ancient ones like Maya back in 2000, I wanna gauge the newer SW to see if its any better.
most are done with Daz3D but Ocean is also starting to use Blender

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
most are done with Daz3D but Ocean is also starting to use Blender
Software for creating the scene and actually rendering the scene can be very different things.

Reactions: Katie4Ever

longbowF7

May 31, 2020
Simply one of the best game on the site and it's a feat it achieves without even including any sex scenes its that good,i did not expected to come across another game of Being a Dik and Halfway House quality at least in story focused 3d category ones but this one surpasses even those in some aspects. Having played the 3 episodes in a day the wait for the next episode would be agonizing as i believe they release one episode in almost a year.

Jul 4, 2018
Did the Bella playthrough first because I thought I wasnt going to like her... I hope the other routes give me the same amount of enjoyment her route is giving me up until this update.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes