Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Will this game have a sequel called "Summer's Back"?
About 5 games are planned in the same world / universe / city whatever, therefore sequel as such is possible, summer's gone may in fact be the "sequel" to Where it all began

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
Sequel?! We've got a good two or three years ahead of updates for this one. What's this nonsense about a sequel.
2-3 years? SG suppose to have around 30 chapters if i remember correctly, and nothing changed. Unless development speed significantly increase, that's at least 13 years.
Edit: 30 chapters was about WIAB
SG is supposed to have 3 seasons, with first season including around 10-11 chapters. So SG will have probably over 20 chapters easly. Still that's one year old info, it could be different at this point.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Suffering react limit so I can't like/love/facepalm you

The shitposter in me legit wants that to be the final words of this game.
I currently prefer strongly that Summer remains "gone".

I feel like they're going to only be loosely connected though, so that they're playable on their own. Kind of like WiAB and Summer's Gone so far, although he might connect the two more down the road i guess.
the only thing i've heard so far is that they will take place in the same world
About 5 games are planned in the same world / universe / city whatever, therefore sequel as such is possible, summer's gone may in fact be the "sequel" to Where it all began
So far we only know they happen in the same world by Ocean's words. We have yet to see how it all comes together..

2-3 years? SG suppose to have around 30 chapters if i remember correctly, and nothing changed. Unless development speed significantly increase, that's at least 13 years.
Hopefully, more rendering power will help.

IamJAG

May 14, 2020
SG is supposed to have 3 seasons, with first season including around 10-11 chapters. So SG will have probably over 20 chapters easly.
Christ almighty. I'll be middle aged.

Jan 11, 2021
The only common things I could recognize that Bella is going to take MC to the same diner as the one in WIAB, and Vicky's family name is mentioned.

Is there anything else I missed?

Jun 5, 2019
The only common things I could recognize that Bella is going to take MC to the same diner as the one in WIAB, and Vicky's family name is mentioned.

I am not sure, but I think I saw Mila on a wine bottle in WIAB at the restaurant. So is this just an Easter Egg, or a possible foreshadowing that she'll become a model?

Edit: After replaying this scene, I've come to the conclusion that this is most likely an Easter Egg. Due to the fact, that both Bella, Summer and Mila have a name for a drink. There is still a possibility of it being a foreshadowing tho but probably not
Edit 2: I also believe that Miru and Ayua are related. There are a few indications towards this, the first one is that the MC in WIAB states that Miru's fighting style is way too special for any ordinary fight school. And the second hint towards this theory is, that Ayua literally said: "But my family has their own fighting techniques". I personally believe that Miru is one of Ayuas cousins

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

Summers Gone is placed after WiAB. Soo it is quite possible that the SG characters are related or family to some of the WiAB characters.

Reactions: Your Father Adam

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
Hopefully, more rendering power will help.
And that's optimistic calculation, when i count four half chapter updates yearly. I just hope it won't be like with WIAB, i stopped playing and care about this game long time ago because of constant planned changes in old parts of the game.
Christ almighty. I'll be middle aged.
Me too, or already dead.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And that's optimistic calculation, when i count four half chapter updates yearly. I just hope it won't be like with WIAB, i stopped playing and care about this game long time ago because of constant planned changes in old parts of the game.

Me too, or already dead.
I get your point in trying not to get too emotionally involved.. If I could do it I would probably wait till the story is finished.. But I can't.... My heart needs more Bella.

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
If I could do it I would probably wait till the story is finished.. But I can't.... My heart needs more Bella.
Me too, i didn't liked her before, but she's my favourite, along with Nami now. In general SG after third chapter is probably my favourite game here. With replaying WIAB i'm waiting until it will be at least completly remede and only moving forward, without changing old content anymore. Btw how many chapters will be remade? All?

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Me too, i didn't liked her before, but she's my favourite, along with Nami now. In general SG after third chapter is probably my favourite game here. With replaying WIAB i'm waiting until it will be at least completly remede and only moving forward, without changing old content anymore. Btw how many chapters will be remade? All?
I think that pretty much all the content that was in the game previous to last update. The content that was released in the last update of WIAB was, in theory, already in remake mode.

But you know how it is.. with so many modifications, it is entirely possible he may need to change a bit of that too. Overall, however, WIAB is going to be a smaller game that originally planned, but better focused. A wise approach, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021
Edit 2: I also believe that Miru and Ayua are related. There are a few indications towards this, the first one is that the MC in WIAB states that Miru's fighting style is way too special for any ordinary fight school. And the second hint towards this theory is, that Ayua literally said: "But my family has their own fighting techniques". I personally believe that Miru is one of Ayuas cousins
I can not really see a connection between the two girls: Miru is most probably some sort of mob hit(wo)man hiding in the US. When she gets exposed, her family flies to her directly from Japan. Whereas Ayua lives with her family in the city, running a martial arts studio. It is not uncommon that family secrets are kept strictly in whatever profession in Japan I think.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I can not really see a connection between the two girls: Miru is most probably some sort of mob hit(wo)man hiding in the US. When she gets exposed, her family flies to her directly from Japan. Whereas Ayua lives with her family in the city, running a martial arts studio. It is not uncommon that family secrets are kept strictly in whatever profession in Japan I think.
Depends on the timeline. If SG is a year or two after WIAB, then yeah, Ayua being related to Miru is super unlikely.

But if I remember correctly, someone pointed out the pregnant lady at the club in WIAB had the same family name as Victoria and Maja. Their parents are dead. Maybe that lady was their mum. If thats true, then SG is 18 years or so after WIAB. Ayua could easily be Miru or her sister or one of her relatives' daughter. Maybe her ninja fam left an outpost in the US, and Ayua is one of their kids. Possibility is there.

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
SG is supposed to have 3 seasons, with first season including around 10-11 chapters. So SG will have probably over 20 chapters easly. Still that's one year old info, it could be different at this point.
Only way I see it feasibly working is if Ocean gets enough supporters to justify not only working full time developing, but also enough to hire a full studio. One reason why I'm a patron currently, as the more they have, the more they'll get typically. If we can get Ocean to Icstor levels of support (which seeing as he no longer delivers and Ocean does, should be possible) then the sky is the limit!

Reactions: n0cn1l and 03abc

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I like the animated photos of Bella and Nia. Cute. It's amazing that the technology can do all that from a single photo. I am impressed.

a bit creepy to me
A bit? It's very creepy, the idea of animating our dead relatives. It kind of reminds me when, if you ever saw it, they used a hologram of John Wayne in a commercial to sell something. I don't remember what, but it was probably beer or a pickup truck.

But, used for imaginary characters like in Summer's Gone, I think it is a nice tool, and really brings the characters to life.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes