Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
yes very realistic and also creepy indeed! its a psychological term called the uncanny vale!

wiki:

so the more lifelike it looks the creepier it gets! and the creepiness increases until you get a costumed or freaked out!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hello,

Welcome to the second Dev log of Chapter 3.5.

The last two weeks were a little bit more stressful due to me moving across the country but besides that, the development is going great. I am reaching my daily goals almost every day.
In the last two weeks, I found myself experimenting a lot again and I noticed some very interesting things in Daz and outside of Daz.
A side goal of mine is to improve with every update and I can already state that I have improved again. So this goal is already reached and I am happy about it.
To be honest, every time I discover something new that helps me elevate the games higher and higher I get really really hyped.
God, that feels good.

2. Blender Bella.

Last week I spent around 8h converting Bella into Blender. I created a simple skin shader and also started to work on my own hair shader. (Which is probably the most challenging thing I can think of.)
I actually forgot to sculpt the details onto her in the test render I made. But I will do that for the next time.

Her hair still looks like thatch/shit but that's alright, I will improve it over the next months until we reach perfection.

Test_BellaX.png

The sculpting also feels very different from Zbrush. I kinda fucked up the sculpting on her top-strap.
Anyways, It's good to know that I am not alone on this, sometimes frustrating, Blender journey and that I can share my thoughts and achievements with you guys. (I will do dedicated Blender logs in the future again.)

3. Friendship and the importance of it.

When I read through comments, DMs and chats, I notice how the main focus always lays on the romance aspects. Not surprising at all but I want to mention how important friendships are in SG.
I personally always missed the aspect of friendship in many games. But to be honest, most games are dating sims and a friendship would feel unnecessary.
But I actually value them a lot in my games. Not just with the females but also with the males.

MilaVicSelfie.png
When you make decisions in the game, pay attention to little clues that their friends and foes mentioned and you may be capable of improving the life of someone else significantly.
People don't need to stay enemies forever.

3. Previews

As already stated in the last dev log, I will now post most of the previews in the right tier.

But here are two "public" previews. (The Victoria/Mila picture is also a preview.)
NamiHair.png
I am showing this one here because I want to say something about it. Normally, this is not a render I would preview because it's just a simple conversation.

But, I finally figured out how to Zbrush hair without totally destroying it. This is Nami's default "low-quality" hair that has almost no options for customization.
After a lot of trial and error, I found the right workflow to move and style hair in Zbrush.
In the render up there, you can see how I stuck her hair behind her ear and it gives a totally new look.
This opens up a lot of new possibilities for all the hairstyles used in the game, especially for the much more high-quality hairstyles.
But I still need a lot more Zbrush or sculpting training in general.
But hey, I am here for the long run and someday, I will reach what I am striving for.

You can find 4 more previews in this

- Ocean

:)

Last edited:

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

Hello,

Welcome to the second Dev log of Chapter 3.5.

The last two weeks were a little bit more stressful due to me moving across the country but besides that, the development is going great. I am reaching my daily goals almost every day.
In the last two weeks, I found myself experimenting a lot again and I noticed some very interesting things in Daz and outside of Daz.
A side goal of mine is to improve with every update and I can already state that I have improved again. So this goal is already reached and I am happy about it.
To be honest, every time I discover something new that helps me elevate the games higher and higher I get really really hyped.
God, that feels good.

2. Blender Bella.

Last week I spent around 8h converting Bella into Blender. I created a simple skin shader and also started to work on my own hair shader. (Which is probably the most challenging thing I can think of.)
I actually forgot to sculpt the details onto her in the test render I made. But I will do that for the next time.

Her hair still looks like thatch/shit but that's alright, I will improve it over the next months until we reach perfection.

View attachment 1067883

The sculpting also feels very different from Zbrush. I kinda fucked up the sculpting on her top-strap.
Anyways, It's good to know that I am not alone on this, sometimes frustrating, Blender journey and that I can share my thoughts and achievements with you guys. (I will do dedicated Blender logs in the future again.)

3. Friendship and the importance of it.

When I read through comments, DMs and chats, I notice how the main focus always lays on the romance aspects. Not surprising at all but I want to mention how important friendships are in SG.
I personally always missed the aspect of friendship in many games. But to be honest, most games are dating sims and a friendship would feel unnecessary.
But I actually value them a lot in my games. Not just with the females but also with the males.

View attachment 1067788
When you make decisions in the game, pay attention to little clues that their friends and foes mentioned and you may be capable of improving the life of someone else significantly.
People don't need to stay enemies forever.

3. Previews

As already stated in the last dev log, I will now post most of the previews in the right tier.

But here are two "public" previews. (The Victoria/Mila picture is also a preview.)
View attachment 1067787
I am showing this one here because I want to say something about it. Normally, this is not a render I would preview because it's just a simple conversation.

But, I finally figured out how to Zbrush hair without totally destroying it. This is Nami's default "low-quality" hair that has almost no options for customization.
After a lot of trial and error, I found the right workflow to move and style hair in Zbrush.
In the render up there, you can see how I stuck her hair behind her ear and it gives a totally new look.
This opens up a lot of new possibilities for all the hairstyles used in the game, especially for the much more high-quality hairstyles.
But I still need a lot more Zbrush or sculpting training in general.
But hey, I am here for the long run and someday, I will reach what I am striving for.

You can find 4 more previews in this

- Ocean

:)
Mila and Victoria´s preview melted my heart ♥ :love:

Cyth

May 9, 2018

Hello,

Here are the rest of the previews.

"Her face was highlighted by an ethereal glow."

I am trying to improve my Zbrush butt sculpting skills. I personally always liked a natural butt.

To the big wide world, you are insignificant. Life is not waiting for you. Get going.

"Until it finally brought us together in this dream." - WhiteWildBear - Rue.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020

Hello,

Here are the rest of the previews.

"Her face was highlighted by an ethereal glow."

I am trying to improve my Zbrush butt sculpting skills. I personally always liked a natural butt.

To the big wide world, you are insignificant. Life is not waiting for you. Get going.

"Until it finally brought us together in this dream." - WhiteWildBear - Rue.
Man, I wonder what happened to cause the second image. Did he piss off Bella again? Or maybe just stressed from intimate contact.

Also I know its just me being a nitpicky twat, but does it bother anyone that MC's chin cut is still so bloody? Like, by now, that shit should be devoid of blood except for the cut itself crusted with blood. Unless its supposed to be bruising, in which case, should be more purply with some yellow.

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
I like his haircut, though I can see it being an attempt by Bella to 'claim' him as her own by making him undesirable to others, I can also see it backfiring on her by making him appear more 'devil may care' and ultimately desirable to all of them.

I'm still a bit worried that blender won't produce the same kind of crispness as DAZ but I'm confident Ocean will do what is needed to... ahem, blend everything perfectly. Nami's hair tucked behind her ear is girl next door perfection for example! So stoked for what's to come!

Reactions: Blake45666
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes