Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
He recently got a second rendering rig so he can do renders for both games at the same time, cutting down development time significantly.

And it is a long term project anyway which i'm good with......
So where is the progress?
SG last update: 2021-01-23
WIAB last update: 2020-06-13
Don't get me wrong, love Ocean's work but development is slow and two games at the same time don't help to speed things up.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
So where is the progress?
SG last update: 2021-01-23
WIAB last update: 2020-06-13
Don't get me wrong, love Ocean's work but development is slow and two games at the same time don't help to speed things up.
It would be for the best if some friendly new dev or so, under oceans supervision ofc, would take one of the games, allowing ocean to focus dominantly on the other one (SG as my personal favorite there).
This way you are absolutely right - even with planned half-chapters updates, it will be painfully long time among each-games updates. Even in the best scenario we could hope for, lets say, two updates (half-chapters) per game yearly. And that hardly can be enough, despite all devs and fans optimism, to consider finishing either one of them at some point. Even if the dev plans to make this his full-time-job for next 20 years or so, it wont be finished ever with this approach/strategy. If nothing else as the technical/gaming resources will evolve thus forcing dev to "remake" games, just to catch with new advancing gaming-standards...

Mar 30, 2018
This game is incredibly beautiful! All the characters are touching, With their flaws and their weakness! Impressive, #Oceonlab ! Thanks you from the bottom of my heart ❤

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It would be for the best if some friendly new dev or so, under oceans supervision ofc, would take one of the games, allowing ocean to focus dominantly on the other one (SG as my personal favorite there).
This way you are absolutely right - even with planned half-chapters updates, it will be painfully long time among each-games updates. Even in the best scenario we could hope for, lets say, two updates (half-chapters) per game yearly. And that hardly can be enough, despite all devs and fans optimism, to consider finishing either one of them at some point. Even if the dev plans to make this his full-time-job for next 20 years or so, it wont be finished ever with this approach/strategy. If nothing else as the technical/gaming resources will evolve thus forcing dev to "remake" games, just to catch with new advancing gaming-standards...
This games are his babies. And the one time he give one it totally backfire on him with SG.

Besides I doubt they would be this good.

Reactions: johndoe19

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This games are his babies. And the one time he give one it totally backfire on him with SG.

Besides I doubt they would be this good.
I get it, yet if there is a risk of having both of your babes die painfully, or you can try and save both of them, by making a hard choice to set one of them only partially free, that wouldnt be a choice for me.

• Sad
Reactions: Ayhsel

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
From what I've seen thus far, devs tend to slow down their update releases over time, not speed up.:WeSmart:
its not slowing down its just that episodes get bigger as more options appear! its either that or a linear story with "sidequests" so you start dating Bella and doing other girls behind her back... it would faster but i do not believe you want to give up on pushing Victoria´s chair around the school and persuade her to let you push her into the chocolat startfish before she regains her senses bellow the waist

or to walk around college holding hands and then deepthroat Nami and tell her "hold, you are perfect just a little bit more, good girl, nahh no wasting swallow it all".

anyway i enjoy the story for what it is so aslong as there is an EP. every couple of months its good for me i can wait, what i can not wait is for this lockdown to end and get back to work and socializing... married fuckers got me good with having people around!

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
its not slowing down its just that episodes get bigger as more options appear! its either that or a linear story with "sidequests" so you start dating Bella and doing other girls behind her back... it would faster but i do not believe you want to give up on pushing Victoria´s chair around the school and persuade her to let you push her into the chocolat startfish before she regains her senses bellow the waist

or to walk around college holding hands and then deepthroat Nami and tell her "hold, you are perfect just a little bit more, good girl, nahh no wasting swallow it all".

anyway i enjoy the story for what it is so aslong as there is an EP. every couple of months its good for me i can wait, what i can not wait is for this lockdown to end and get back to work and socializing... married fuckers got me good with having people around!
I agree. I didn't say that devs slow down on purpose (at least not all of them), but it happens naturally for the reasons you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: johndoe19

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
maybe you were thinking of Intertwined? They’re both games with deep and engaging stories. And the upcoming Intertwined update’s story is about 90% complete.
No, I think it was BaDIK? The dev had said that the last 20% are however the longest ^^
I apologize once again for my confusion, I did not mean to mislead people and will verify before posting next time.

As for Summer's Gone, I have no right to complain or comment as I am not a patron, but I also have done the maths of the releases and I worry. That's all I'll say. The first three chapters are breathtaking and we all hope to get more content and see it to completion.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
That's new info, even to me.

I never stated a percentage or any number in any of the Chapter 3.5 Dev logs.
Some hints Siren
No, I think it was BaDIK? The dev had said that the last 20% are however the longest ^^
I apologize once again for my confusion, I did not mean to mislead people and will verify before posting next time.

As for Summer's Gone, I have no right to complain or comment as I am not a patron, but I also have done the maths of the releases and I worry. That's all I'll say. The first three chapters are breathtaking and we all hope to get more content and see it to completion.
Whether you are patreon or not, here we all have the right to have an opinion, being patreon you are supporting the dev but you have no more right to the game for it.

P.S: im patreon :LUL:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Again, cannot react.

But yes, I can totally imagine a very vulnerable Bella and MC making love.. totally afraid of each other, of the emotions, about to laugh and cry, both as awkward of each other as can be.. MC slightly afraid he might hurt Bella, Bella uncertain of letting anyone inside her mind.. MC no saying a word just looking at her, she trying to make eye contact with him just to shift away and make eye contact again, slightly stuttering when she ask for him to say anything as she is naked, not physically but emotionally.. MC making a move, start touching each other without kissing now only looking into each others eyes. He entering her without making a sound, pain in her eyes (given her past, I can only imagine Bella is a virgin), clenching her nails in his back as he tries to kiss her and she bites his lips.. slowly starting to move faster, mc now holding one of her hands to the floor (they are in missionary position), her legs around his back, clumsy movements on both sides.. sounds of breath gasping, slight breaks in her voice as pain turns slowly into pleasure, a drop of sweat falling from MC faces into her cheek, both lost in passion now, more confident and forceful getting closer to orgasm.. not a single word mentioned since she asked him to say anything.. she closes her eyes as pleasure overwhelms her while MC fills her with his seed.... breathing faster as the moment pass, now looking into each others eyes, not saying a word... out of nowhere she pushing her lips on him and it is now his time to bite her lips, soon relaxing into each others mouths... once again stopping to look into each other, not a single word.

Fuck.. I can totally imagine it, I am just terrible at writing.
Nah that was good man.
Only thing I would add woud be the MC perhaps attempting to do some foreplay. He kisses on Bella's neck, but due to his inexperience it comes out a bit awkward.
But Bella still understands and storkes MC's hair, and then they start to make love as you've said.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
From what I've seen thus far, devs tend to slow down their update releases over time, not speed up.:WeSmart:
At its heart a VN is a computer program supporting a storyline with text, images, animations, and in some cases music and audio. I've been developing software for over 4 decades. I suspect longer than the majority of you have been alive. One of the central truths in software is that as it matures it takes far more effort to develop it. More effort either means more staff or longer times between updates, and you can only add a minimum of additional staff before the additional bodies slow you down.

That said, raw computing power can dramatically reduce development time for things like renders. So more computes can help shorten a release cycle. The other issue of course is new revision to supporting tools used to develop the game. Then we have the "tinkering" of the developer. Most of the people producing these VNs are doing it for their own amusement/entertainment. So if some new feature catches the developers interest there is a good chance they'll incorporate in to their game, even if it extends the release cycle.

My point is that are sound real world reasons why updates tend to become either longer between release or contain less content. It's just the nature of software.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
At its heart a VN is a computer program supporting a storyline with text, images, animations, and in some cases music and audio. I've been developing software for over 4 decades. I suspect longer than the majority of you have been alive. One of the central truths in software is that as it matures it takes far more effort to develop it. More effort either means more staff or longer times between updates, and you can only add a minimum of additional staff before the additional bodies slow you down.

That said, raw computing power can dramatically reduce development time for things like renders. So more computes can help shorten a release cycle. The other issue of course is new revision to supporting tools used to develop the game. Then we have the "tinkering" of the developer. Most of the people producing these VNs are doing it for their own amusement/entertainment. So if some new feature catches the developers interest there is a good chance they'll incorporate in to their game, even if it extends the release cycle.

My point is that are sound real world reasons why updates tend to become either longer between release or contain less content. It's just the nature of software.
https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-3-final-oceanlab.29981/post-5308788

(y)

Reactions: UncleFredo

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
As for Summer's Gone, I have no right to complain or comment as I am not a patron, but I also have done the maths of the releases and I worry. That's all I'll say. The first three chapters are breathtaking and we all hope to get more content and see it to completion
First, everybody is entitled to their opinion regardless their support. Second, most developers welcome constructive criticism. Taking the time to voice an opinion it just means you care enought that you want to improve the project.

Main problem is that many are not giving opinion or constructive criticism but simply demanding stuff: dev takes too long, must include more sex scenes, avoid talking to x as that counts as netorare, remove that character as i dont like it.. bla bla bla.

Not even supporters have any right to demand an artistic product to be different, here or anywhere. You only have that power when you hire an artist to create a product to your liking. Patreon support is not that.

Just to be explicit, I am not saying that you are demanding stuff. On the contrary, that provided your opinion and criticism are always with respect and constructive, supporting a game is not a requirement to have and express them.

PS: i am also a supporter.

Last edited:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
First, everybody is entitled to their opinion regardless their support. Second, most developers welcome constructive criticism. Taking the time to voice an opinion it just means you care enought that you want to improve the project.

Main problem is that many are not giving opinion or constructive criticism but simply demanding stuff: dev takes too long, must include more sex scenes, avoid talking to x as that counts as netorare, remove that character as i dont like it.. bla bla bla.

Not even supporters have any right to demand an artistic product to be different, here or anywhere. You only have that power when you hire an artist to create a product to your liking. Patreon support is not that.

Just to be explicit, I am not saying that you are demanding stuff. On the contrary, that provided your opinion and criticism are always with respect and constructive, supporting a game is not a requirement to have and express them.

PS: i am also a supporter.
There are people who demand characters to be removed? Bruh

I get that there are people complaining about development time, that's how it is on VNs like these. But seriously?

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes