Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Thanks for this heart attack I just barely lived through.

Jokes aside, thanks for the info! Also, I hate to be that guy, but where exactly do we look for such information?
Oceanlab will occasionally descend among us mortals like Prometheus to gift us with some posts. But also Gladheim or whoever will post updates from the patreon. So its just info from reading those.

EDIT: Go back a few pages to see the latest update. It is ASSTASTIC. :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nercoz

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
So assuming he producing 3 chapters/year then the game will be finished in ...10 years?
dude unless he can get real support to get a set up like DPC as with 8 top of the line render dedicated computers its taking him 1 year per chapter while working on both games!

he as a dedicated pc per story!

Reactions: endriux

Samrabhi

Sep 17, 2020
So assuming he producing 3 chapters/year then the game will be finished in ...10 years?
Maybe more than that cause Ocean has planned to introduce three more games means a total of Five games in the Zane-verse. At some point of time those games will be introduced and the time will be divided which may result in slower updates.

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
Maybe more than that cause Ocean has planned to introduce three more games means a total of Five games in the Zane-verse. At some point of time those games will be introduced and the time will be divided which may result in slower updates.
Perhaps Prometheus is the wrong Greek, maybe we need to speak more of Icarus...

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I doubt he's gonna be doing them at once. Even doing SG and WIAB together was just an accident of circumstance.

Reactions: johndoe19

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
To me OceanLab's VNs seem to me to be set, more or less, in the same place geographically. But are the events which happen in them contemporaneous or sequential, i.e. do events which happen in separate VNs describing the "Zane Universe" occur during the same period or on a time line, separated by intervals, quite possibly years apart like tales of the Zane dynasty or similar? :unsure:

(I can't help but wonder.)

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
To me OceanLab's VNs seem to me to be set, more or less, in the same place geographically. But are the events which happen in them contemporaneous or sequential, i.e. do events which happen in separate VNs describing the "Zane Universe" occur during the same period or on a time line, separated by intervals, quite possibly years apart like tales of the Zane dynasty or similar? :unsure:

(I can't help but wonder.)
We might find out with this Bella date. Since its Leah's club, right? I'm hoping to see Leah or one of the WIAB cast. Maybe give us some hints.

I still think that maybe the events of WIAB are related to Summer's disappearance. So its several years behind SG.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
We might find out with this Bella date. Since its Leah's club, right? I'm hoping to see Leah or one of the WIAB cast. Maybe give us some hints.

I still think that maybe the events of WIAB are related to Summer's disappearance. So its several years behind SG.
Agree. That's what I wondered. (After all the first VN set in the Zane Universe is called Where it all Began.) In fact I thought that the Frohn girl with bobbed blonde hair drinking at the bar in Leia's restaurant in WIAB resembled Maja, although I'm not 100% sure.

screenshot0001.png

Is that Maja?

If not Maja herself then a relation of Maja's (definitely not Vic) maybe even her mother if WIAB was set well before SG. I don't know. Apart from the fact that the Frohns in Relucia Dinner were obviously wealthy, via stock market speculation according to Leah, we don't know much more than that about them currently. Could Summer be a Frohn? Or a Zane? Or related to either or both of those families in some way which played a part in her disappearance? Actually, coming to think about it, at present we know next to nothing about Summer's family, past or background at all! I find ignorance like this to be entirely frustrating!

I am so looking forward to discovering how all of the pieces come together as the interlinked tales unfold.

Never been so invested in any series of visual novels like this before. (y)

Edit #1: After visually checking with WIAB itself Maja appears to have a narrower and slightly differently shaped nose than that of the beauty in the picture above. Same goes for Sasha too. Dammit! And I thought I was onto something significant there for a moment too.

Edit #2: The lady above is Where It All Began prosecuting lawyer Elena Petrova and not a Frohn at all! For some reason I got hold of the wrong end of the stick and kept hold of it for way too long. Apologies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Agree. That's what I wondered. (After all the first VN set in the Zane Universe is called Where it all Began.) In fact I thought that the Frohn girl with bobbed blonde hair drinking at the bar in Leah's restaurant in WIAB resembled Maja, although I'm not 100% sure.

View attachment 1170817

Is that Maja?

If not Maja herself then a relation of Maja's (definitely not Vic) maybe even her mother if WIAB was set well before SG. I don't know. Apart from the fact that the Frohns in Relucia Dinner were obviously wealthy, via stock market speculation according to Leah, we don't know much more than that about them currently. Could Summer be a Frohn? Or a Zane? Or related to either or both of those families in some way which played a part in her disappearance? Actually, coming to think about it, at present we know next to nothing about Summer's family, past or background at all! I find ignorance like this to be entirely frustrating!

I am so looking forward to discovering how all of the pieces come together as the interlinked tales unfold.

That Frohn was pregnant right? I can't remember. I thought it might be Maja and Victoria's parents. They're dead, so this would be before that. Of course, that would place WIAB like 20 years before SG. Which, on the other hand, could explain the theory that Aya(shit... I forgot Bella's bff's name. is it Aya?) is related to Miru. Its been 20 years, people from her clan came over in WIAB and settled down, made an outpost in the US.

Jun 5, 2019
Agree. That's what I wondered. (After all the first VN set in the Zane Universe is called Where it all Began.) In fact I thought that the Frohn girl with bobbed blonde hair drinking at the bar in Leah's restaurant in WIAB resembled Maja, although I'm not 100% sure.

View attachment 1170817

Is that Maja?

I mean she does resemble Maja a bit, but doesn't she look more like Sasha? Their eye colors would match almost perfectly.

Reactions: Rumplepuss

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Oh Gawd no. Two games are the max I will ever do at the same time.

And when WiAB or SG finishes, I will not start the next one until the other one is done.

And with the move to Blender after Season 1, there is a realistic chance of me being able to hire a highly-skilled 3D artist to actually help me with the games.
Provided I can pay him.

In the past, games were waiting for each other to receive updates, this is no longer a problem, it is quite natural as Summer's Gone's update is half an update
Might be just half an update but that Mofo still has almost 1000 still renders + 2-3k animation frames. (And imo an increased quality.)

I probably should have made them even smaller.

WiAB and SG are having a race at the moment.

WiAB takes longer due to the lewd animations and my inexperience with them. (Lots of trial and error because I am pushing my personal limits.)

But whatever game finishes first, gets to be released first. The other game, even if finished, has to wait two weeks so that I have enough time for bug fixing the first one.

Oceanlabs did say this last update is the final one, right? So I assume it'll come in the next few weeks.
And yes, Mister Vakarian.

The last Dev log was the last one before the actual release.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes