TongueFork

Jan 27, 2021
I loved this update. The date with Bella was probably my favorite part, but the whole thing was well written and, as usual, beautifully rendered. There seemed to be more subtle differences in dialogue and renders based on past choices, sometimes even minor ones, than previous updates. That I thought was really well done.

That ending though... It's going to be a loooong few months.

Nov 29, 2020
I loved this update. The date with Bella was probably my favorite part, but the whole thing was well written and, as usual, beautifully rendered. There seemed to be more subtle differences in dialogue and renders based on past choices, sometimes even minor ones, than previous updates. That I thought was really well done.

That ending though... It's going to be a loooong few months.
some good games will be updated soon, not so long months

Reactions: Dragon59

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
As far as dialogue and renders are concerned... Summer's Gone is head and shoulders above all of the AVN's you've mentioned except for maybe COBD. It's not even that good of a comparison. I can see you comparing it to BADIK, but the AVN's you've listed just aren't in the same category as Summer's Gone, objectively speaking. COBD is the only one there worth comparing to Summer's Gone. Everything else... no
Nothing I have said was out of line, nor was I complaining. I just said, personally, that my enthusiasm is dampened for a VN that only releases at most once per year, no matter how high quality, and I suspect most fans aren't willing to either wait 15-20 years nor pay $5 to $10 or more a month for 180 to 240 months for Summer's Gone to be completed. If others are happy to do so, that is great for them. I have applauded Oceanslab a number of times, in this very thread, so I think he does great work, and if he was consistent or reasonable in his release frequency, Summer's Gone would be up there with the top games here. But in my opinion, one short section of game-play, released as an update per year, is not successful game development, no matter how high quality it is.

Also, if you have read Oceanlab's many posts here, you can see that hardware is not the major reason that he only releases one update per year. Instead, he cites personal motivation, day to day enthusiasm for the project, and other things he rather do with his time each day. Fair enough. I applaud Oceanlab's honesty. That is more than I see from many devs here.

I think you are influenced by your fandom for Summer's Gone to see anything else as comparable. Just like fans of (pick any pop singer), who think that nobody else can compare. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say that none of the 6 games I mentioned are even in the same category? That is quite an exaggeration. Perhaps you are thinking of render quality and overall polish. However, as far as quality of the story, the sophistication of the characters, and complexity and realism of the dialog, they are very much in the same category.

But, I want to be fair and open-minded. Since you are a writer, and make the claim that the writing of Summer's Gone is head and shoulders above all other games here, and in its own category of greatness, with the possible exception of 2 other games you mentioned, please go ahead and quote a section of text from Summer's Gone and let us all judge. What section of text or dialog impresses you the most for its sophistication? I would like to see what strikes you so much, and we can all judge for ourselves and see if your point stands.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
some good games will be updated soon, not so long months
There're always other top tier (for me) games waiting to be played between updates. Probably too many--I realized today I have 313gb of hdd space invested in these games--some of which have already been updated but I've yet to get back to them.

• Hey there
Reactions: Warscared

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
I just started playing this novel/game whatever these are called and Im just having a hard time.

1) The child girls face looks like an adult face.
2) The facial reactions of people are just terrible.

I deleted the game after about 15 mins in because it got a bit cringe too. 2 days later, today, I un-deleted it and started back up. I want to give it a chance. Need a good read and story. I see renders of pretty chics but ingame so far its just bad facial reactions that your bff and few others make. I hope it gets better. Gonna tread thru this.
To each his own. But I REALLY do not get how ANYONE could get that impression from Summers gone.
If you are not trolling I feel sorry for you, like you really missing what most other people here get.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
I just started playing this novel/game whatever these are called and Im just having a hard time.

1) The child girls face looks like an adult face.
2) The facial reactions of people are just terrible.

I deleted the game after about 15 mins in because it got a bit cringe too. 2 days later, today, I un-deleted it and started back up. I want to give it a chance. Need a good read and story. I see renders of pretty chics but ingame so far its just bad facial reactions that your bff and few others make. I hope it gets better. Gonna tread thru this.
To each his own. But I REALLY do not get how ANYONE could get that impression from Summers gone.
If you are not trolling I feel sorry for you, like you really missing what most other people here get.
View attachment 1328588
Man the lighting in this VN is amazing, I can't imagine not burning your pc to the ground rendering these.

Some models look awkward with their poses and some have weird uncanny level smiles but that's understandable the lighting more than makes up for everything.
I did wrote about this a couple of pages ago, He does have make a good point , character models sometimes have awkward poses, their asses bent outwards looking like they had terrible implants and at times have awkward smiles and sometimes - kid summer's face looks like a doll plastered on a kid's body - reaches uncanny valley

But ocean does hit it right more often than not with good camera angles and lighting but the thing is most of those beautiful scenes happen later in the game.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Nothing I have said was out of line, nor was I complaining. I just said, personally, that my enthusiasm is dampened for a VN that only releases at most once per year, no matter how high quality, and I suspect most fans aren't willing to either wait 15-20 years nor pay $5 to $10 or more a month for 180 to 240 months for Summer's Gone to be completed. If others are happy to do so, that is great for them. I have applauded Oceanslab a number of times, in this very thread, so I think he does great work, and if he was consistent or reasonable in his release frequency, Summer's Gone would be up there with the top games here. But in my opinion, one short section of game-play, released as an update per year, is not successful game development, no matter how high quality it is.

Also, if you have read Oceanlab's many posts here, you can see that hardware is not the major reason that he only releases one update per year. Instead, he cites personal motivation, day to day enthusiasm for the project, and other things he rather do with his time each day. Fair enough. I applaud Oceanlab's honesty. That is more than I see from many devs here.

I think you are influenced by your fandom for Summer's Gone to see anything else as comparable. Just like fans of (pick any pop singer), who think that nobody else can compare. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say that none of the 6 games I mentioned are even in the same category? That is quite an exaggeration. Perhaps you are thinking of render quality and overall polish. However, as far as quality of the story, the sophistication of the characters, and complexity and realism of the dialog, they are very much in the same category.

But, I want to be fair and open-minded. Since you are a writer, and make the claim that the writing of Summer's Gone is head and shoulders above all other games here, and in its own category of greatness, with the possible exception of 2 other games you mentioned, please go ahead and quote a section of text from Summer's Gone and let us all judge. What section of text or dialog impresses you the most for its sophistication? I would like to see what strikes you so much, and we can all judge for ourselves and see if your point stands.
Do you think complex or poetic writing is what makes great dialogue? I'm sorry but I challenge you to do the same for the AVN's you've listed. I admit that I've played all but 2 of your mentioned AVN's, so I myself am curious as to what puts them on level with Summer's Gone.

The main reason I have placed the dialogue of Summer's Gone above the aforementioned AVN's was not due to any complexities or poetic prowess. I favor it due to the natural flow and progression of it throughout the story. Unlike for example, Bad Memories, the dialogue displayed in Summer's Gone is much more natural and believable. What makes dialogue great is not the memorable lines or seamless poetry involved. After all, I'm not sure how many actual conversations you'd see people make these sophisticated lines you wanted me to search for. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why they call it the present." Sure that sounds great and it's an excellent display of poetry in writing, however... who is going to say that in an everyday conversation? Summer's Gone does not have the best dialogue of what you've mentioned due to any memorable quotes or sophisticated, complex, examples of character voice. It has the best dialogue because you're more likely to find real people speaking as they did in Summer's Gone, as opposed to any other AVN you've mentioned. You're not going to find a college student speaking like yoda or uncle iroh. Not every character is meant or is going to speak with depth and layer. That's just not realistic and almost laughable to expect. This is to clear up why I claimed Summer's Gone to have the best dialogue. I apologize if my english here seems a bit aggressive or rude.

Now that that's out of the way, you were right when you said that I basically let my own favor of Summer's Gone cloud my judgement. I do see other AVN's as comparable. Just not the ones you've listed. AVN's like BADIK, Tales from the Unending Void, Become a Rock Star, and Our Red String are all AVN's that objectively have comparable dialogue to Summer's Gone. Our Red String actually has even better dialogue than Summer's Gone. There are few AVN's out there with better flowing dialogue than Summer's Gone, and besides COBD, the AVN's you've listed just don't cut it. I'm sorry but that's just an objective fact. Hillside does not flow as well(there's actually far more I can say about this particular AVN), Bad Memories is definitely not as realistic, Single Again is decent but still not on par, and The Deluca Family(actually the best dialogue here after Summer's Gone) is great but still not on the level of Summer's Gone. I have not completed Halfway House nor have I begun WTHI due to them not being the kinds of stories I look for on this site. So I cannot say anything about them as I am ignorant to the dialogue of those AVN's.

Now in terms of character writing, the only comparable AVN, objectively, would be The Deluca Family(barring the other two AVN's as I am ignorant to their content). Cordia, Luna, MC, and even Allyssa are all well-written. The Deluca Family can definitely contend with Summer's Gone when it comes to character writing, however The Deluca Family is also much further along in their story than Summer's Gone. Despite this, I'm actually confident in it being relative to Summer's Gone in that category well into the future.

I actually agree with the first part of your reply, and I understand where you were coming from now. I must apologize for the misunderstanding. I was too quick to antagonize you for your comments and that was rude of me. I'm not fluent in english as yet, so it is a bit hard to tell the tone of someone when it is written as opposed to spoken. This is not to excuse my comment or behavior, but I hope it explains a bit.

Last edited:

Hornybear

Oct 4, 2018
Summer's Gone [Ch.3.5 Beta] [Compressed]

Original Game Size Win: 3.9 GB

Compressed Game Size Win: 653 MB - MEGA
Compressed Game Size Mac: 636 MB - MEGA

Win Compression Fixed, Redownload pls

more mirrors on request
leave a like (y) , Support the Developer if you enjoyed the game
This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.
Thanks for the Mac Compression.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes