Dec 5, 2018
This is obviously not a harem game but I'm kind of hoping that I won't have to chose between Bella and Nami in the end. I think that's just a wishful thinking though, I can't really see it working but one can hope.
Amen, both Bella and Nami deserves some love without having to break someone heart.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
She's not.
View attachment 1335606
Also this
View attachment 1335607
View attachment 1335608
Brenda was going to say something important about Bella's love past, but Bella instantly interrupted her
Even if she wanted to call bella a whore(I doubt it, but for the sake of the argument let's say she did), I really doubt she actually knows anything about Bella's sex life. Everyone believes dudes use bella for sex and then dump her the next day cause she's crazy, including the mc.

But based on people who actually know her:
screenshot0001.png screenshot0001.png
bella kissing a boy is the equivalent of seeing a ghost. Nadia even told the mc she never heard bella speak kindly of anyone, especially boys.

Also, if bella already fucked someone then why would Ayua react this way from a kiss:
screenshot0003.png

this reminds me of AoA thread where some dude told me most of the girls got raped based on some bizarre interpretation of the dialogue, only to find out a few weeks later that he was dead wrong.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Damn! The female characters in Summer's Gone seem to get more and more interesting, gorgeous and beautiful as time goes on. So many stunning renders. Incredible. Only 3.5 chapters completed and the game has already reached 4.3 GB in size! How much bigger will the full saga be when it eventually reaches completion? Although Victoria is my personal favourite, by a long chalk, after the last update I find myself concerned about Bella. (And I'm worried about being worried about her if that make sense.) Also, in the last half chapter, according to Ayua, someone called Katie Zane is her auntie? WTF!!! Maybe THE Katie Zane from Where it all Began? If so that means Summer's Gone happened after Where it all Began, not too long after but long enough for Ayua to have been born and grown up and for Katie Zane to have married one of Ayua's mother's brothers... unless Ayua is the daughter of the MC from Where it all Began... or Leia Zane's daughter from Where it all Began... or... and get this... the daughter of Leia Zane AND the MC from Where it all Began, which is unlikely to the point of impossible based on Ayua's looks.

(As things stand my bet is that Ayua is the daughter of the MC and Miru from Where it all Began.)

Holy smoke!

Man I can't can't wait to experience future chapters of Where it all Began and especially Summer's Gone. :love:

Absolute genius in action folks!
herm.... Miru`s sister daughter perhaps? not necessarily the MC daughter

Reactions: Rumplepuss

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Honestly. Because as much as I love Summer's Gone, as long as he's still working on both Summer's Gone and Where It All Began simultaneously, I'm not sure when we'll see actual progress in either story. I personally feel as if Ocean should set a quota for how many chapters he's going to release for a specific AVN by a specific time or something of that nature. Like, once he reaches Chapter 5 for Summer's Gone in X amount of months, he can put that on hold and work towards getting Where It All Began to Chapter 8. I feel like this would be the best approach to achieving any real progress to both AVN's and satisfying both audiences. The way he's doing it now is not at all good in the long run. I'm still a patron for Summer's Gone and have no plans of leaving, however I'd be lying if I said that the wait period wasn't a bit disheartening at times.
To me, it looks like Ocean is probably experiencing a diminishing rate of return on all the improvements he's made on increasing render quality with better hardware. It really hasn't done anything to increase update frequency. He should really be trying to reduce render time, even if it means a reduction in render quality. After all, most renders only get looked at for the amount of time it takes to read the text, with the exception of the sexy renders of course. This game has a really exceptional story and that is where I think the main focus should be.

From what I've have seen, devs get their biggest bumps in support when they release a new update. So, I think if Ocean could get update times down to maybe 3 months, without a reduction content, he would probably start getting the amount of support that he is looking for and that a quality game like this warrants.

Reactions: Guide466
Sep 3, 2020
She's not.
View attachment 1335606
Also this
View attachment 1335607
View attachment 1335608
Brenda was going to say something important about Bella's love past, but Bella instantly interrupted her
I don't care that Bella is not a virgin

I mean I hate the thought of Bella being with anybody else

I don't care if it was another man another woman I don't like the idea of Bella being touch by anybody but me

but at the same time I love Bella more than anything and whoever she was with that's in the past and I'm her future

I think we have to find a way to put summer in the past

Bella has to do the same with whoever she was with it's the only way we move forward together

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
From what I've have seen, devs get their biggest bumps in support when they release a new update. So, I think if Ocean could get update times down to maybe 3 months, without a reduction content, he would probably start getting the amount of support that he is looking for and that a quality game like this warrants.
Maybe he can shorten it to 5 months, that's probably his limit, but he is in the same category as doctor pinkcake, these types of dudes are too meticulous to work fast.

But the real reason he doesn't get the amount of support he deserves is the lack of sexual content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guiltyveek

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Maybe he can shorten it to 5 months, that's probably his limit, but he is in the same category as doctor pinkcake, these types of dudes are too meticulous to work fast.

But the real reason he doesn't get the amount of support he deserves is cause of the lack of sexual content.
I'm sure that is part of it, but this one is a slow burn. So, the sexual content will get here eventually.

As for DPC, he has already put out one successful game, so it would be a mistake to expect the same kind of support as he gets. Of course it could happen, the quality of this game is definitely up in the same league, but personally I have some doubts about this game being completed. My fear is that Ocean is going to end up getting burned out trying to work on two games at the same time.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
herm.... Miru`s sister daughter perhaps? not necessarily the MC daughter
What's really interesting is that it appears that Summer's Gone is separated from Where it all Began by not many more years than Ayua's age in Summer's Gone, i.e., the events in the two stories occurred not much more than 18 to 20 years apart on a timeline. Assuming Ayua's aunt is the Katie Zane from Where it all Began. :unsure:

The plot thickens. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
I'm sure that is part of it, but this one is a slow burn. So, the sexual content will get here eventually.

Of course it could happen, the quality of this game is definitely up in the same league, but personally I have some doubts about this game being completed. My fear is that Ocean is going to end up getting burned out trying to work on two games at the same time.
oh, i agree completely, i share your worries, but i can't blame the guy, that other game brings in money as well & he's younger than i am, he's very ambitious & wants to express himself to his full potential.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
So, I think if Ocean could get update times down to maybe 3 months, without a reduction content
It still wouldn't really matter, SG is supposed to have 30 chapters based on what has been said already in this thread.
Currently half a chapter per update, 2 updates per year, we still have 26.5 chapters to go so at the rate of 1 update per 3 months [2 chapters per year, or double the current speed] we're still looking at at least 13 years before this is done.

But even if you get really optimistic and believe that suddenly the production speed becomes four times faster, we're still 7 years away from the final chapter

Half the people commenting in this thread are going to be dead before this gets finished, me included probably.

Guiltyveek

Apr 23, 2021
To me, it looks like Ocean is probably experiencing a diminishing rate of return on all the improvements he's made on increasing render quality with better hardware. It really hasn't done anything to increase update frequency. He should really be trying to reduce render time, even if it means a reduction in render quality. After all, most renders only get looked at for the amount of time it takes to read the text, with the exception of the sexy renders of course. This game has a really exceptional story and that is where I think the main focus should be.

Getting the update times down to 3 months would probably lead to this release being like 3.2, 3.5. I doubt there wouldn't be content reduction.

Not every dev is the same. College King's dev puts out rapid updates where renders are not pretty, there are fractures in the story. Other devs like Ocean and DPC clearly are perfectionists and only release when they are happy with the end product.

Yes it's disheartening that we have to wait a long time for updates, but it's the dev's decision. It's his "art" and he clearly chooses quality > speed. And clearly he is satisfied with where the support is or he'd have thought of changing it up.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yes it's disheartening that we have to wait a long time for updates, but it's the dev's decision. It's his "art" and he clearly chooses quality > speed. And clearly he is satisfied with where the support is or he'd have thought of changing it up.
Yeah, 60 years from now, it will be an exciting time waiting for the chapter 30, a grand finale of SG, made in ren-ai-py 79.7.3... and it will be a sad time, as that will mean ocean-ai is gonna be retired, aiming to enjoy the rest of his zettabites on his private moon, Europe, far away from any ren-ai-py game...

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
It still wouldn't really matter, SG is supposed to have 30 chapters based on what has been said already in this thread.
Currently half a chapter per update, 2 updates per year, we still have 26.5 chapters to go so at the rate of 1 update per 3 months [2 chapters per year, or double the current speed] we're still looking at at least 13 years before this is done.

But even if you get really optimistic and believe that suddenly the production speed becomes four times faster, we're still 7 years away from the final chapter

Half the people commenting in this thread are going to be dead before this gets finished, me included probably.
I'm in the same boat as you, not sure if I'll live long enough to see it completed. Even though I really like this game, I keep questioning if I should even bother continuing to play it.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes