May 8, 2018
But she knows something. And the fact that she shares the same earring than Nami is suspicious. And one in the left and the other in the right
For sure, I agree, she's always giving the MC that weird look and also reacted when the MC had a breakdown when he saw the eraser. The scar + all these things that happened also leads me to believe she's somewhat related to whatever happened with Summer.

But then again, she's a fresh character in the game, so we can't do much but theorize.

Reactions: _BB_ and The_Hybrid

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
But she knows something. And the fact that she shares the same earring than Nami is suspicious. And one in the left and the other in the right
She may be related. She may know something.

All this for me is a red herring. Nothing more.

All the events that lead to Sasha being Summer are simply because the reader knows it is a mystery. And in some sense it is waiting for clues.

What do we know about our beautiful scar face goddess of war? Nothing. She having the same earring may be an old Nami's friend that has nothing to do with Summer. Or she simoly find it weird they share it.

But again, Summer=Sasha with so heavy "clues" would be a terrible choice.

Clues have to be subtle. Even to go the path "i make them obvious so you discard them" does not really work. If you thought about the possibility, when the mystery is resolved the surprise effect is very dimished. "Ohh yeah I thought it would be once" is not the same as "wow, I never would have imagined that"

May 8, 2018
Clues have to be subtle. Even to go the path "i make them obvious so you discard them" does not really work. If you thought about the possibility, when the mystery is resolved the surprise effect is very dimished. "Ohh yeah I thought it would once" is not the same as "wow, I never would have imagined that"
I don't even think that was the intent Ocean had when he said that Sasha isn't Summer. Knowing him, he just wants people to treat Sasha as its own character and stop theorizing about stuff that is most likely not true so it doesn't ruin the personality that he's building for Sasha. I guess it would kinda suck trying to build a new character up and all people will think is that this character is someone else.

Hope you understand what I said, I'm not so good at explaining myself sometimes lol.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't even think that was the intent Ocean had when he said that Sasha isn't Summer. Knowing him, he just wants people to treat Sasha as its own character and stop theorizing about stuff that is most likely not true so it doesn't ruin the personality that he's building for Sasha. I guess it would kinda suck trying to build a new character up and all people will think is that this character is someone else.

Hope you understand what I said, I'm not so good at explaining myself sometimes lol.
I think I did get your message.

I was simply explainig why Sasha=Summer is a bad plot twist, as it is barely no twist.

Take the earring scene, for example. She looks (goddess she is beautiful) pensative, touches the earring and try to ask a question. Had simply be done, no jump in logic.

But then the next scene is done from an angle to help you see her own earring, just in case you did not remember.
This was not a casual thing, but done on purpose. Ocean wanted to highlight the earring.

Of course, all my opinion. I know nothing about what is really going on.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
sasha is a very dignified, calm & introspective character, summer on the other hand used to jump on the mc & kiss him, she was not type to use words like derriere.

Their personalities don't match, did summer hit her head & change her persona?

Also, Sasha's character design is really hot, it would be a shame to give her freckles, brown hair & to darken her skin tone. I'm not a fan of the Summer had surgery to change her looks theory.

Last edited:

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
I think I did get your message.

I was simply explainig why Sasha=Summer is a bad plot twist, as it is barely no twist.

Take the earring scene, for example. She looks (goddess she is beautiful) pensative, touches the earring and try to ask a question. Had simply be done, no jump in logic.

But then the next scene is done from an angle to help you see her own earring, just in case you did not remember.
This was not a casual thing, but done on purpose. Ocean wanted to highlight the earring.

Of course, all my opinion. I know nothing about what is really going on.
All the talk about Sasha makes me replay SG again just to see her over and over again. God, she's just simply beautiful. Bella is THE Queen then Sasha is The Warrior Queen (my Athena if you read Greek Mythology). Bella and Sasha are truly the definition of Loves at First sight

Reactions: _BB_ and John Ness

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Summer is the most wonderful female example for MC .. because she was his most passionate
little kid dreaming of belonging to a gurl feisty and determined 4 eva ... he was hers, he belonged.

sasha is a very dignified, introspective character, summer on the other hand used to jump on the mc & kiss him, she was not type to use words like derriere.

Also, Sasha's character design is really hot, it would be a shame to give her freckles, brown hair & to darken her skin tone. I'm not a fan of the Summer had surgery to change her looks theory.
Dial the time forward towards a life spent in a constant battle with other girl/girls to one up one another, you get this ”warrior queen” nonsense persona, hollow and cold on the inside, just taking the piss of life because she is still engaged about one upping her other female warrior possy members.

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
sasha is a very dignified, introspective character, summer on the other hand used to jump on the mc & kiss him, she was not type to use words like derriere.

Not that I believe Sasha is Summer, but the change of persona thing: it happened to the MC due to Summers disappearance, also I don't think Bella was always the troublemaker she is now, why couldn't it happen to another person?

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Not that I believe Sasha is Summer, but the change of persona thing: it happened to the MC due to Summers disappearance, also I don't think Bella was always the troublemaker she is now, why couldn't it happen to another person?
mc became dysfunctional, but his personality didn't change

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
I don't think Ocean is the kind of dev to abandon stuff, I just don't think that he has a very good development strategy set up at the moment. Given that it takes a full year to release a chapter for SG, I can't really tell how long he's gonna take to release more WIAB content.
Well, i just did it. Hope this is not the bad idea and I don't cause him any trouble. Finger Crossed

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
affinity and not blood! her mother sister married a Zane so him and all his siblings become uncles and aunts! that is how it works!
Also Ayua might have been fostered or adopted by the MC or by Leia Zane from Where it All Began, or be a child belonging to their partners before they hooked up. (Biological or adopted.) Ayua does not need to be an actual blood relative of Katie Zane for Katie to be her auntie.

Very interesting to see Katie's name mentioned explicitly in relation to Ayua as an auntie though. Katie was only a young girl in Where it all Began but could have reached middle age when the events in Summer's Gone take place. :unsure: It's impossible to tell at present; all we can do is guess. ;) Damn tantalising and interesting though. :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warscared

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay. So. Sasha might not be Summer. I'd guess that she knows Summer enough to be told the story of the erasers. That's why she had a face of recognition.
On a side note. Why is it all Asian characters in these games know martial arts? That's stereotyping. Just once I'd like to see some Asian characters say the closest they came was watching Cobra Kai. LoL

Reactions: drooopy
May 8, 2018
On a side note. Why is it all Asian characters in these games know martial arts? That's stereotyping. Just once I'd like to see some Asian characters say the closest they came was watching Cobra Kai. LoL
Well, saying all of them is a bit of a generalization. As an example, Sung Ji from AOA academy does not know martial arts. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't see many games with that kind of thing.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some bank on it - get a better martial arts experience from some asian.
The bruce lee story - bring the quality martial arts to westerners.
Okay. So. Sasha might not be Summer. I'd guess that she knows Summer enough to be told the story of the erasers. That's why she had a face of recognition.
vicky who was raised by asians knows martial arts though :ROFLMAO:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

She may be related. She may know something.

All this for me is a red herring. Nothing more.

All the events that lead to Sasha being Summer are simply because the reader knows it is a mystery. And in some sense it is waiting for clues.

What do we know about our beautiful scar face goddess of war? Nothing. She having the same earring may be an old Nami's friend that has nothing to do with Summer. Or she simoly find it weird they share it.

But again, Summer=Sasha with so heavy "clues" would be a terrible choice.

Clues have to be subtle. Even to go the path "i make them obvious so you discard them" does not really work. If you thought about the possibility, when the mystery is resolved the surprise effect is very dimished. "Ohh yeah I thought it would be once" is not the same as "wow, I never would have imagined that"
when you ask her if she is, her response will be clear! "no, i am not! summer died to the monster in the cabin 6 years ago!"

but you are right she is a goddess of war and loss the threshold that separates boys from man into the eternal suffering that is the life of a man, the mythical prison described by Schopenhauer from which no man can ever hope to escape except trough the fire gates of self determination when one takes his own life!

Well, i just did it. Hope this is not the bad idea and I don't cause him any trouble. Finger Crossed
WIAB as not been abandoned that only takes time away from his work! have patient cause even tough not everything that comes to those who have patient is good everything that comes to those who act rashly is bad!

its a cultural link to mitigate the homesickness that those parents feel and thus teaching it to their kids is a way of keeping them in touch with the home culture!

I saw this among st the Portuguese community in Germany and France, their attachment to some music styles and dances was surprising since most of the youngsters in the home country have shed those things a long time ago while its still alive and half of the kids in those communities continue to practice it while in the home country perhaps not even 0.5% of youngsters bellow the age of 25 know or practice it!

The Portuguese community in the Philippines who have been separated from the main Portuguese culture for 500 years still keep many traditions that are now sadly dead in Portugal!

so i assume martial arts for Asian emigrant communities must be like dancing for the Portuguese emigrant community or practicing capoeira for the Brazilians! its a statement of identity!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: operamini

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Well, saying all of them is a bit of a generalization. As an example, Sung Ji from AOA academy does not know martial arts. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't see many games with that kind of thing.
I thought Sung Ji knew the martial arts. Well, that's one. But that might be the only one I've heard of that doesn't. And I've played a lot of these games.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes