Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I thought Sung Ji knew the martial arts. Well, that's one. But that might be the only one I've heard of that doesn't. And I've played a lot of these games.
Mido from Depraved Awakening.
Ellen from City of Broken Dreamers.
Pricia from Treasure of Nadia.
Annie from Heavy Five.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many many more.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Annie from Heavy Five.

Out of all those I've only played City of Broken Dreamers. And she hasn't said she can fmdo it yet. But it has never come up. That I can remember.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She is a dancer .. doing wu shu over yoga is not a big difference .. Ki training is so light also.
Out of all those I've only played City of Broken Dreamers. And she hasn't said she can fmdo it yet. But it has never come up. That I can remember.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Annie from Heavy Five.

Ellen might not know any martial arts but she definitely knows how to throw a punch

Reactions: Meushi

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just to stir up the pot, how can we be sure Ocean is not pulling a J.J. Abrams who emphatically assured everyone that "Cumberbatch's character is not Khan." ;)

Reactions: Talmadge

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
I finally got around to write my impression of this half chapter:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It was a quality update, as usual from Ocean! I liked almost everything a lot: more time from the existing cast, some characters design being a little improved, and new plots and new characters being introduced to expand the horizon of possibilities. Only the ending left a little bitter taste in my mouth as it made one of my favorite characters do something I really disapproved of. Overall, that remains the game with the highest production values on this website. That being said, my doubts about the future of the game are not assuaged in the least, one half chapter in 6 months isn't anywhere near enough to have any sort of reasonable time to release the 30 chapters. That's one chapter a year, with 26.5 chapters remaining. Do the maths.

endriux

May 5, 2018
Ocean struggled with some issues with this update. He wrote some time ago that now he will definitely accelerate. It is worth supporting it, so you will be up to date.

Reactions: The_Hybrid

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Ocean struggled with some issues with this update. He wrote some time ago that now he will definitely accelerate. It is worth supporting it, so you will be up to date.
Like I've said before, I will definitely support Ocean on Patreon/SS as soon as a sustainable release pace projects the completion of the game in a reasonable time in the future. The game is well worth it, I just haven't seen any evidence yet that things are getting better (despite past promises) and that we'll see the end.

rerderrum

May 4, 2018
I want to write something about the release shedule because I kinda get angry at some comments here.

You guys say Ocean has not improved his shedule. Ok let's see he took for the Chapter 3 update over one year while earning ~500 a month on patreon (which srsly are pennys in germany), 1850 still renders and 10k animation renders. For Chapter 3.5 he took 6 months, with 1400 still renders and 7k animation renders while also rendering 10 renders each day for the WIAB rework. Right now he is rendering more than 30 renders each day - last year that wasn't the case. And all that with vastly improved quality.

Now why do I believe he will get faster? First he already did get faster, secondly look at the income of SG it tripled after the Chapter 3 release and now doubled again since then. If some of you here would stop whining how the game won't finish in 30 years and would plegde some support to Ocean he could afford more hardware and even an employe which maaaybe but just maaaaaaybe increase the Update shedule.

I just really hope the WIAB rework will get him more Patreons there so he can afford some more help.

PS.: One reason of the SG 3.5 delay was that Oceans 3090 got not enough VRAM a Quadro RTX 6000 with 24gb would fix problems like that.

anomkarsa

Jan 8, 2020
I want to write something about the release shedule because I kinda get angry at some comments here.

You guys say Ocean has not improved his shedule. Ok let's see he took for the Chapter 3 update over one year while earning ~500 a month on patreon (which srsly are pennys in germany), 1850 still renders and 10k animation renders. For Chapter 3.5 he took 6 months, with 1400 still renders and 7k animation renders while also rendering 10 renders each day for the WIAB rework. Right now he is rendering more than 30 renders each day - last year that wasn't the case. And all that with vastly improved quality.

Now why do I believe he will get faster? First he already did get faster, secondly look at the income of SG it tripled after the Chapter 3 release and now doubled again since then. If some of you here would stop whining how the game won't finish in 30 years and would plegde some support to Ocean he could afford more hardware and even an employe which maaaybe but just maaaaaaybe increase the Update shedule.

I just really hope the WIAB rework will get him more Patreons there so he can afford some more help.

PS.: One reason of the SG 3.5 delay was that Oceans 3090 got not enough VRAM a Quadro RTX 6000 with 24gb would fix problems like that.
How many Nami pics did Ocean give you as payment to write those excuses? Come on, fess up bruv. :BootyTime:

share them with me pls

Last edited:

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
Just a small correction, the Quadro RTX 6000 has the same amount of VRAM as a 3090 (24gb). You mean the Quadro RTX A6000, which has double the amount (48gb). And you can pair it with another one to get a whopping 96gb. So a huge upgrade obviously.

superman5150

May 23, 2017
Is there anyway to get a full gallery unlock/mod/save? I used the multi-mod and finished the story but it still says I haven't seen all scenes and scenes are blurred out

rerderrum

May 4, 2018
Just a small correction, the Quadro RTX 6000 has the same amount of VRAM as a 3090 (24gb). You mean the Quadro RTX A6000, which has double the amount (48gb). And you can pair it with another one to get a whopping 96gb. So a huge upgrade obviously.
Thanks yes I meant that one, but I honestly also though the 3090 had less than 24gb.

How many Nami pics did Ocean give you as payment to write those excuses? Come on, fess up bruv. :BootyTime:

share them with me pls
Only one, but that was enough for me :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: anomkarsa

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
If you guys want Ocean VNs to progress more quickly consider supporting the creator, financially, via a monthly Patreon subscription if you can. If the creator is given the means he has said he will:

(1) Invest in the best possible hardware, software and sundries like music etc., to produce his games;
(2) Be able to afford to employ a skilled digital artist, part-time, to help speed up production of his renders.

If these two conditions are met you can be 100% sure that Summer's Gone, Where it all Began, and future Ocean VNs set in the Zane Universe will all become available for us to enjoy much more quickly. If that's a future you would like to see and can spare some pennies, consider supporting the creator via Patreon to help remove bottlenecks relating to hardware/software, as well as easing drag and fatigue on the creator caused by herculean solo effort being ploughed into these masterpieces by him on a regular basis. :)

More support for OceanLab via Patreon means more Summer's Gone for us more quickly.

Simple as. (y)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes