JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Nothing wrong with the patch, it's the compressed version that's the issue. I downloaded both the original and compressed versions and played both with and without the patch. The compressed version would give trace errors on the same place whether the patch was used or not and the original didn't. Maybe we're unlucky but that's what the tests came to.

JokerLeader Some of the images are broken on the compressed version. I think it happened with the previous 3.0 version but not sure. Just giving a heads up.
Thanks, I will fix the compressed version

Fixed

Last edited:

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
I tend to dislike childhood friends a lot, specially the cliche obviously in love childhood friend. Siblings are a bit different and depends on how they are developed. Nami and MC, while they have a "clearly not regular siblings relationship" thing right there, I think they would actually work very well, precisely because it is not that MC and Nami are acting stupidly. Nami clearly has feelings but is not the usual crap "I am afraid of how our relationship my change" while MC is in an emotional comma since Summer. Also helps that Nami is fantastic on her own right.

I honestly don't care at all if a character will or not get a happy ending. I simply choose depending on what I like. Hey, I might even go and create their unhappy ending myself if I have to. And many times even if I don't have too, I am a supervillain after all.

In many games I play like a random slut, fucking everything that moves, hoping for the chaos that comes later, mostly because I care little about the characters themselves and I am trying to get my fix as the drama queen I am. Also, because I love to get into character when I read novels and many novels simply push you in that direction.

But there are a few exceptions such as SG. In SG, pretty much all girls are amazing and, had it not been because Bella exists, I would have gone and try each of their solo route. But Bella does exist and she emotionally cockblocks every other girl, as so far everytime that I played this game I always pick her route.

The most likely candidate is that once the game is over* I will replay the other routes, but for now I don't want to follow other routes, as I want the whole experience of Bella's route before anything else. Besides, it helps to only know one route, as playing other routes could give me information I should not know.

*hopefully I will keep finding chocolate babes to consume and prolong my undying life.
It's true that oftentimes the so called "childhood friend" is one of the more boring characters in VNs.
Their main trait basically just consists of having a past with the MC and her somehow either gaining a (from MCs perspective) surprisingly sexy body and/or always butting in on MCs business in bad VNs which makes them one-dimensional characters.
I would actually attribute Summer to be the cliche childhood friend and not Nami.
They were always together and were figuratively glued to each other.
Yes she (Nami) has those traits as well (she's sexy as hell and also butts in on MCs business) but imo she is in a zone between caring (step)sister and jealous friendzoned neighbour.
She's more then a one-dimensional character:
- she cares deeply about the psychological wellbeing of MC
- she wants to be together with him but fears MC distancing himself from her if she makes it too clear or if she becomes too "pushy"
- she tries to play MCs wingwoman in the hopes of beeing a greater part of MCs life either by beeing friends with the potential love interest or by including herself in a menage a trois
- she always tries to find a way to be "accidentally" physical with him
- but she also tells MC if he's acting stupid
- she's also MCs best friend
- she's super cute, sexy, funny, caring, a badass, sportive... she's basically the perfect girlfriend
(however there are just too many almost perfect/perfect "waifus" in this game for her to be the number 1 for everyone)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It's true that oftentimes the so called "childhood friend" is one of the more boring characters in VNs.
Their main trait basically just consists of having a past with the MC and her somehow either gaining a (from MCs perspective) surprisingly sexy body and/or always butting in on MCs business in bad VNs which makes them one-dimensional characters.
I would actually attribute Summer to be the cliche childhood friend and not Nami.
They were always together and were figuratively glued to each other.
Yes she (Nami) has those traits as well (she's sexy as hell and also butts in on MCs business) but imo she is in a zone between caring (step)sister and jealous friendzoned neighbour.
She's more then a one-dimensional character:
- she cares deeply about the psychological wellbeing of MC
- she wants to be together with him but fears MC distancing himself from her if she makes it too clear or if she becomes too "pushy"
- she tries to play MCs wingwoman in the hopes of beeing a greater part of MCs life either by beeing friends with the potential love interest or by including herself in a menage a trois
- she always tries to find a way to be "accidentally" physical with him
- but she also tells MC if he's acting stupid
- she's also MCs best friend
- she's super cute, sexy, funny, caring, a badass, sportive... she's basically the perfect girlfriend
(however there are just too many almost perfect/perfect "waifus" in this game for her to be the number 1 for everyone)
Overall I agree with you but let me make to comments.

First, I would not say Summer is the childhood friend. The standard childhood friend is in love with MC (or can be) but they are in a position of friends. Summer was not his friend, she was MC's girlfriends. Their feelings were romantic and accepted.

I don't consider Nami a chilhood friend. Nami is MC's sister. She acts like a sister. Their relation is great even if not standard. Only reason I mentioned the childhood friend was because Crimson has mentioned them when he answered to me in a previous post. Nami does share the "obviously in love" but the setting is totally different, for reasons you mentioned well.

Second, and more important, sorry my friend, but the perfect girlfriend shakes your life like only pure lightning can, forcing you to get out of your shell, makes you lose yourself over her smell (stupid pheromones), plot stupid revenge plans with you that make no sense, screams at you, hits you, calls you a homeless hobo and has a mental break down when you two kiss as
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cool_boy2

Mar 29, 2018
can anyone help me with this how often are the updates
i didnt expect the game to be soo well written
so cant wait for the next update

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
can anyone help me with this how often are the updates
i didnt expect the game to be soo well written
so cant wait for the next update
Update 3 from 2 took a year, update 3.5 took around 7 months. Soo... sit down and fall in love with the characters as we do.

Reactions: John Ness

Damien8d

May 22, 2021

First, I would not say Summer is the childhood friend. The standard childhood friend is in love with MC (or can be) but they are in a position of friends. Summer was not his friend, she was MC's girlfriends. Their feelings were romantic and accepted.

I don't consider Nami a chilhood friend. Nami is MC's sister. She acts like a sister. Their relation is great even if not standard. Only reason I mentioned the childhood friend was because Crimson has mentioned them when he answered to me in a previous post. Nami does share the "obviously in love" but the setting is totally different, for reasons you mentioned well.

Second, and more important, sorry my friend, but the perfect girlfriend shakes your life like only pure lightning can, forcing you to get out of your shell, makes you lose yourself over her smell (stupid pheromones), plot stupid revenge plans with you that make no sense, screams at you, hits you, calls you a homeless hobo and has a mental break down when you two kiss as
Well if we're going about phermones then Victoria has to be up there as well ^^ (as MC noticed them almost immediatly)
I'm not trying to downplay Bellas appeal as she's so far the best developed character so far...
But as a textbook "tsundere" she can also be quite annoying at times (even when you're on her path)
Naturally she's the perfect fit for the current moody and edgy MC but even he can be annoying at times (even though he's one of the best MCs in VN-history imo despite the hair).
She's vindictive, adventurous, sportive, sexy af, daring, cute (when she's vulnerable and lets go of her mask) and probably (not entirely sure we have to wait for her reaction to the fallout) loyal to her friends and loved ones.
MC probably sees himself in her and that's why their connection just feels so natural as chaotic as it may be.
However in reallife it would probably be really hard to become a friend of such acharacter and even in the game it is almost a miracle that MC and Bella became friends/allies.
If it wasn't for them having to work together then I doubt they could've ever become friends and she too would've most likely been on Zara's and Nadja's side during their hazing.
Nami, Victoria and Mila (and before the end of last chapter Nadja) are characters you (well at least me) would've wanted to hang out with and get to know better.
That they endured MCs exterior so long speaks either for their endurance and determination to get through his shell or for MCs apparent charisma/pheromones that lures girls to him like wasps to icecream on a sunny day.(or both)
If we're going solely for looks then Bella is naturally close to, if not on top.
However nearly all girls and woman are 10s or higher and it's up to personal preferences as to who's your favourite LI in that regard.
Storywise all girls are intersting so far and make me want to know/experience more about them.
Currently however I'm more interested in the story of Mila, Victorias cure, Namis/Nias next shenanigans, Sashas/Sonyas backstory and the fallout/revenge with/against Nadja/Zara/Robin.
Bellas current arc needs new elements right now to make me invested in her story again as her current arc had a semi-satisfying conclusion.
Bellas current story is apparently on hold for now anyway and I will have to make multible playthroughs again as my saves are currently useless.

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
Summer's Gone [Ch. 3.5 Full] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.96 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.95 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 717 MB: MEGA -
Compressed Size Mac: 700 MB: MEGA -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
There are at least a couple of botched images in there that come up pretty fast in chapter1.
You should get some error handling for files that can't be compressed correctly.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
There are at least a couple of botched images in there that come up pretty fast in chapter1.
You should get some error handling for files that can't be compressed correctly.
I've already fixed the missing images

AlxTR

Modder
Jul 10, 2021
There was no proper scene in the 3rd episode anyway, Okay, most of this half episode takes place in the basketball court, Author friend, nobody should stop watching the NBA, It started to make bullshit. Definitely the last topic is nice, but especially the basketball part is too long and the episode is DISGUSTED! (n)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
There was no proper scene in the 3rd episode anyway, Okay, most of this half episode takes place in the basketball court, Author friend, nobody should stop watching the NBA, It started to make bullshit. Definitely the last topic is nice, but especially the basketball part is too long and the episode is DISGUSTED! (n)
The episode is disgusted? What did you do to make the episode disgusted? On second thought, perhaps it is best if we don't know the details. Our first priority should be to support the episode and help it to calm down.

Garen

May 6, 2017
In SG, pretty much all girls are amazing and, had it not been because Bella exists, I would have gone and try each of their solo route. But Bella does exist and she emotionally cockblocks every other girl, as so far everytime that I played this game I always pick her route.
Word for word. I genuinely love a lot of the girls in this story but I just can't not pick the Bella choices. Physically impossible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020

There's no rule that a childhood friend can't be a lover at the same time.

Technically the protagonist, nami, summer and the new girl are a circle of childhood friends.
The fact that they are both adopted by nojiko gives the audience enough leeway to assume that their relationship could be tied to a bond instead of blood. Of course there's also no reason for the audience not to think they are not related by blood. Incest patch says you both have the same parents. There's really no reason nami couldn't be both a childhood friend or a sister.

Ahh yes, the perfect girlfriend - an emotionally stunted vindictive spoiled brat who masks her fragility, psychological trauma and emotional baggage with a mask of narcissism and pride.

Just as the doctor ordered, I'm all for it. :oops:

Oct 8, 2020
Not a big fan of the milfs... But man, Amber got her claw inside me.
Imo she is the only milf who has a potential to stand alongside Maria from intox. Flav

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
There's no rule that a childhood friend can't be a lover at the same time.

Technically the protagonist, nami, summer and the new girl are a circle of childhood friends.
That is not the "cliche childhood friend" i was talking about. They are usually not in a relationship, that is the whole point of the "obviously in love" part.
The fact that they are both adopted by nojiko gives the audience enough leeway to assume that their relationship could be tied to a bond instead of blood. Of course there's also no reason for the audience not to think they are not related by blood. Incest patch says you both have the same parents. There's really no reason nami couldn't be both a childhood friend or a sister.
Emm sorry but I don't think I understand why are you going for? is it to the fact they are "childhood friends" with no patch? for me the story is with patch, but that may be just my assumption
Ahh yes, the perfect girlfriend - an emotionally stunted vindictive spoiled brat who masks her fragility, psychological trauma and emotional baggage with a mask of narcissism and pride.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

You do know I am already in love, right? you don't need to keep selling her to me, I am all hers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kansier and codex35
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes