May 8, 2018
Actually there is some differences in reworked part of chapter 1. Ocean removed most of the Darth Cyrus subplot, making the story a little different. I believe he said once that whole "dark" part not needed anymore.
Yes, but I'm talking about WIAB levels of rework. The story is still the same.

_A.QH_

Aug 24, 2021
I've never left a comment before, but man this game is gorgeus
Yup. This game is not perfect in all aspects. But when it comes to visual quality, I think it’s safe to say Summer’s Gone is the most beautiful game on this site. And what impresses me more is that Ocean is able to create this quality with such limited hardware and a smaller number of supporters than he deserves. Many other devs who have 2k-3k patreons or even more can’t do the same.

Last edited:

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Yup. This game is not perfect in all aspects. But when it comes to visual quality, I think it’s safe to say Summer’s Gone is the most beautiful game on this site. And what impresses me more is that Ocean is able to create this quality with such limited hardware and a smaller number of supporters than he deserves. Many other devs who have 2k-3k patreons or even more can’t do the same.
This is exactly why I am so confident in the update time as well as the quality drastically improving in the future. If we are getting these kinds of updates now when he has so little support and equipment(as compared to other larger developers), imagine how it would be when he is finally on equal footing with those other developers in terms of support and equipment. Many of these developers have much better hardware and more support, yet it still takes anywhere from 5-6 months for their updates. Oceans pushed out 3.5(which is bigger than some full updates for other AVNs) in 6-7 months, with the limited equipment and support he had. Imagine what it would be like with enough support and equipment that can actually handle his work.

Edit: The only other AVN that can compare visually, in my opinion, is City of Broken Dreamers. That takes almost 6 months to update. Imagine what it would be like if Oceans had the level of support they did lol. Also, he brought updates 3 and 3.5 with 350-550 patrons. Considering the quality of both of those updates, it's practically unheard of for the devs on this site. Had it been someone else, we may have still been waiting for chapter 3...

Last edited:
May 8, 2018
This is exactly why I am so confident in the update time as well as the quality drastically improving in the future. If we are getting these kinds of updates now when he has so little support and equipment(as compared to other larger developers), imagine how it would be when he is finally on equal footing with those other developers in terms of support and equipment. Many of these developers have much better hardware and more support, yet it still takes anywhere from 5-6 months for their updates. Oceans pushed out 3.5(which is bigger than some full updates for other AVNs) in 6-7 months, with the limited equipment and support he had. Imagine what it would be like with enough support and equipment that can actually handle his work.

Edit: The only other AVN that can compare visually, in my opinion, is City of Broken Dreamers. That takes almost 6 months to update. Imagine what it would be like if Oceans had the level of support they did lol
There is no doubt that 30 chapters is irrealistic for this game, we won't ever get there, doesn't mean the game won't be finished with less though. But it's also a fact that Ocean puts a stupendous amount of work in the updates and thrives for them to be the best quality he can deliver with what he has. So people putting the game down because of irrealistic expectations doesn't take anything away from the fact that this game has a really good story with extremely good visuals and it's something to keep you hooked. Does this mean I agree with all the decisions he has made or his work planning? No, not really, but it also doesn't mean he's doing a bad job or that he doesn't care, cause he's shown he clearly cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: _BB_ and `Ray`

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
There is no doubt that 30 chapters is unrealistic for this game, we won't ever get there, doesn't mean the game won't be finished with less though. But it's also a fact that Ocean puts a stupendous amount of work in the updates and thrives for them to be the best quality he can deliver with what he has. So people putting the game down because of irrealistic expectations doesn't take anything away from the fact that this game has a really good story with extremely good visuals and it's something to keep you hooked. Does this mean I agree with all the decisions he has made or his work planning? No, not really, but it also doesn't mean he's doing a bad job or that he doesn't care, cause he's shown he clearly cares.
Sorry but you are thinking like ooh we get an update every 7 months. Then yes it would be unrealistic to have 30 chapters.
Ocean Imo looked at the 30 chapters from a more of a future standpoint where he has better hardware and more render rigs.
If he get his updates out on a 2 month basis 30 chapters doesn't seem that unrealistic. he even said he wanted to hire a coder because that is his weakest point. So he doesn't have to handle that also

Just my 2 cents

May 8, 2018
Sorry but you are thinking like ooh we get an update every 7 months. Then yes it would be unrealistic to have 30 chapters.
Ocean Imo looked at the 30 chapters from a more of a future standpoint where he has better hardware and more render rigs.
If he get his updates out on a 2 month basis 30 chapters doesn't seem that unrealistic. he even said he wanted to hire a coder because that is his weakest point. So he doesn't have to handle that also

Just my 2 cents
He already has hired a coder, for at least minimum the past 2 chapters he has had someone working on it.

Very few games get 2 month cycle updates that bring super high quality. Even if Ocean gets a better rig, which he will at some point, that may decrease the amount of time it takes between updates, but 2 months is also just as irrealistic as both WIAB and SG having 30 chapters. Don't forget he's working on 2 games, not just 1. Even games like Chasing Sunsets and Leap Of Faith that don't have the same amount of quality as SG have around a 3 month cycle for updates. Chasing Sunsets even has 2 people working on it and they try to commit the best they can to a 90 day cycle of updates.

Reactions: Vitez and D3xzalias

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020

Just my 2 cents
Ya I'd love to see him get his dual A6000 rig so he can just crank out renders. As so many of us know who have been playing these VNs for a bit, it's that rendering time that just crushes these developers in terms of limitations. If they could get to where they could queue up whatever they needed in a given day and their render rig would take care of things basically overnight they could realistically produce more detailed stories with significantly longer narrative that are released in a more reasonable timeframe. I know I'm happy to donate to devs who make a sincere effort toward that.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
can you guys stop puttin ocean in the same categorie as leap of fate or beaing a dik or broken dreams yes on the render qualitie they are the same but they are completly different when it comes to writting and creat a realistic atmosphare the other games have more teenager fantasie writting and everything turned around MC complettly different style of world building.

Reactions: D3xzalias

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
There is no doubt that 30 chapters is irrealistic for this game, we won't ever get there, doesn't mean the game won't be finished with less though. But it's also a fact that Ocean puts a stupendous amount of work in the updates and thrives for them to be the best quality he can deliver with what he has. So people putting the game down because of irrealistic expectations doesn't take anything a way from the fact that this game has a really good story with extremely good visuals and it's something to keep you hooked. Does this mean I agree with all the decisions he has made or his work planning? No, not really, but it also doesn't mean he's doing a bad job or that he doesn't care, cause he's shown he clearly cares.
I'm not sure. DPC plans for BADIK to be at least 25 episodes or somewhere around that amount. City of Broken Dreamers is supposed to be a minimum of 14 chapters, we're not even halfway through The Deluca Family, and AOA academy is not even through their first part yet. My point is that the best AVNs here aren't going to be short. 30 chapters seem unrealistic now due to how long it took for his last updates, but, like I've said in a previous comment, as time goes on and his Patreon spikes with each update, it would become more and more doable. May I remind everyone that Oceans brought out updates of this quality with a low amount of patron support along with hardware that struggled to handle his workload? Unlike DPC who refuses to hire any additional support, Oceans already showed that he was willing to do that with this last update.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too optimistic? But the fact remains that Oceans has proven to be a competent developer. I won't deny that 30 chapters do seem rather unrealistic right now, but that's only temporary. Like I have said before, more popularity=more patrons, more patrons=more support, more support=more spent on bettering the quality and update time. It's that simple lol.

P.S: If we're being realistic, I don't see any of the AVNs I've mentioned being completed in the next few years(except COBD). That's just not possible these days. AVNs of this quality aren't going to be short. As with books and actual novels, the better the story, the longer the book.

_A.QH_

Aug 24, 2021

Just my 2 cents
He already has a "coding slave" (I mean litterally lol). The next person he wants to hire is a 3D artist. But it's still a long way until he can afford to do that
cursen.jpg
And with the move to Blender after Season 1, there is a realistic chance of me being able to hire a highly-skilled 3D artist to actually help me with the games.
Provided I can pay him.
Yeeeeeah, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have an income of around 4300$.

Then I have to exchange it from $ to €, which leaves me with 3500€. (Before taxes.) After taxes around 2000-2200€.
Then Germany has the highest electricity costs in the EU. (Or even world.) (I pay 280€ a month.)

Then deduct the cost of living, healthcare, rent, social life, and hardware upgrades (Acquired a 3090, 2080Ti, and a new PC last year.)

Pretty much leaves me with 200-600€ a month.

And now tell me where I can find an artist that produces the same level of quality in Daz3D and likes to work pretty much full-time for 200-450€.

May 8, 2018
I'm not sure. DPC plans for BADIK to be at least 25 episodes or somewhere around that amount. City of Broken Dreamers is supposed to be a minimum of 14 chapters, we're not even halfway through The Deluca Family, and AOA academy is not even through their first part yet. My point is that the best AVNs here aren't going to be short. 30 chapters seem unrealistic now due to how long it took for his last updates, but, like I've said in a previous comment, as time goes on and his Patreon spikes with each update, it would become more and more doable. May I remind everyone that Oceans brought out updates of this quality with a low amount of patron support along with hardware that struggled to handle his workload? Unlike DPC who refuses to hire any additional support, Oceans already showed that he was willing to do that with this last update.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too optimistic? But the fact remains that Oceans has proven to be a competent developer. I won't deny that 30 chapters do seem rather unrealistic right now, but that's only temporary. Like I have said before, more popularity=more patrons, more patrons=more support, more support=more spent on bettering the quality and update time. It's that simple lol.

P.S: If we're being realistic, I don't see any of the AVNs I've mentioned being completed in the next few years(except COBD). That's just not possible these days. AVNs of this quality aren't going to be short. As with books and actual novels, the better the story, the longer the book.
Yes, what you are saying is true, but, we're trying to go for 30 chapters in the current time frame, don't forget now he does half chapters, even if it takes 3 months per half chapter, that's a lot of years of development. Many VN's won't be finished in the next 5 years, but I'd say 10 years from now, a lot of these popular ones are going to be finished, you wouldn't see SG or WIAB finished in 10 years even if you had a 3 month cycle per half chapter released.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Yes, what you are saying is true, but, we're trying to go for 30 chapters in the current time frame, don't forget now he does half chapters, even if it takes 3 months per half chapter, that's a lot of years of development. Many VN's won't be finished in the next 5 years, but I'd say 10 years from now, a lot of these popular ones are going to be finished, you wouldn't see SG or WIAB finished in 10 years even if you had a 3 month cycle per half chapter released.
It's not reliable to use the current time frame. Mainly because the latest update was brought out with a low amount of patrons and equipment that could not handle his workload. The amount of patrons is increasing steadily, and if he hasn't already, he's purchased a new station for him to work on SG and WIAB more efficiently. My point is that things are always changing when it comes to updating speed. Mainly for the better. After chapter 4, I really doubt that he'd have to depend on half chapters. Using your same formula, it would take a minimum of 5.5 years to complete SG. WIAB would have already been completed by then, seeing as it's supposed to be 20+ chapters instead of 30, like SG.

Ok maybe I am a bit optimistic lol

Last edited:

_BB_

Aug 6, 2021

Hello,

So, last week's poll resulted in a clear winner.
Bi-weekly Dev logs, which I think is a nice middle ground.

Today, the new schedule starts.

In the last bibi log, I spoke a little about the tabletop session.
And oh boy is that thing evolving.

When I first wrote it a few years ago, it was very simple and just "fun."

Chapter 4 is going to elevate the game to a new level of cinematography. The tabletop session is the perfect opportunity to do some "Trial and Error".

I've got a lot on my plate, be it Zbrush, Blender, Photoshop, Writing, Improving my English, RL self-improvement, etc. but a big point is coming up more and more.

Cinematography.

While I do try to make some more or less cinematic renders, I also want my animations/cinematics to be like that.

Blender, of course, is the optimal choice to do that. And so I think it's a good thing to work on those skills in Daz. (If I can get it to work in Daz, I can definitely do it in Blender.)

Daz3D sucks hard in terms of animations. Even harder in terms of cinematic capabilities. You can't even animate a damn surface material. (Example: An emission.)

I'll try my best to deliver.

On the other side, I'm really enjoying the development of it.

It's so different and exciting.

a3.png
As mentioned, this first session is a "Cyberspace Nightmare."
It's very moody and can feel threatening at times.

Oh right, I also finished the first cinematic of 1:30min.

The music for the entire tabletop session has also been found already.

It'll be more expensive than the other releases but damn, did I find a lot of good and fitting music!

a5.png

I think that's about it for now. And I'm also going to honor the tier descriptions again. 5$+ supporters can find three more previews

4k Resolution attached!

- Ocean
:)

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes