Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
it could but there's a chance it'll be a cop out and would undo all our boi's character development.

dude spent years being an emo, did his best to move on only for his bitch ex to suddenly pop back into his life; dick move smh

you are not the only one.

Yeah I agree, ocean could squeeze her back in again but it would undo all the character development our protagonist would or potentially have.

summer right now is not much of a character but more of a plot point; her disappearance basically kicks our protagonist's story into overdrive. We don't really know why or how she dissapeared; why her disappearance caused serious psychological trauma on our protagonist.

Ocean likes hiding details of the protagonist's life from us despite the fact that it's us playing as the protagonist, the writing sets up the player/audience as a literal audience because we are not in the know of what really happened to who we are playing as; which is kinda fun since it puts questions into our minds, but ocean needs to be careful around putting too much questions into our heads because the more we theorise or think about it the more it adds to our own expectations of what the answers to these mysteries are and it'll basically turn into that one episode of rick and morty about that cat lmao
Has he really developed if it breaks him again? I think not. Think about it for a second, if he really wants to develop he needs to face the issue, otherwise he'll just be in denial at best. As someone who've been through the same thing(or atleast somewhat and somehow) as the MC in real life, I can say that I only moved on and developed fully when I got my closure.

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
am i the only one who hopes Summer doesn't come back

think about it. it Would be really really bad

if I may use a metaphor

think of our mental state as a mirror that was broken

I mean yeah we may be putting it back together again now but it's being held together with duct tape and chewing gum

if summer would come back

the mirror would just break again and this time for good

and all the king's horses and All the King's Men will not be able to put that shit back together again
I mean it's the player who's gonna decide if they get back together or not, but it wouldn't be healthy for the MC to not have his closure with Summer. Summer coming back into the story isn't gonna mean that she's the one you gotta choose right? It would also be good for the story to have a certain direction to that.

Reactions: _A.QH_ and Freki.g

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
That's the actual beauty of story telling, I have a great story to tell but I don't have the guts and the talent to start and finish it. That's why I'm thankful to devs like Ocean, cause they're doing something I wanted to do for a very long time but couldn't.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Has he really developed if it breaks him again? I think not. Think about it for a second, if he really wants to develop he needs to face the issue, otherwise he'll just be in denial at best. As someone who've been through the same thing(or atleast somewhat and somehow) as the MC in real life, I can say that I only moved on and developed fully when I got my closure.
summer right now is not much of a character but more of a plot point; her disappearance basically kicks our protagonist's story into overdrive. We don't really know why or how she dissapeared; why her disappearance caused serious psychological trauma on our protagonist.
i play it as the brain protecting itself by giving the MC selective amnesia! if you are a rapist or a mass murderer but that is against your values your brain will do the same since you could not live with it! the disconect is what enables you to survive with what you have done or must do to survive or with what happened to you!

worst possible scenario i can imagine a scenario where the MC was beaten up while Summer got raped by a psycho without him being able to do nothing about it as he was just a little kid and he would still blame himself, so how could he live with the knowledge that he was too weak to protect the ones he loves? there are some sick stories out there and even sicker individuals who act on their impulses instead of finding healthy releases!

so if you where the MC could you live with it without going into depression and become a suicidal prick?

so not knowing what happened does not make for bad writting unless you are reay to play a MC that is a monster who can hardly control himself or a weakling that can not protect the ones he loves?

as i stated my name means war scared not because i am afraid of war but of what i become when war comes!

That's the actual beauty of story telling, I have a great story to tell but I don't have the guts and the talent to start and finish it. That's why I'm thankful to devs like Ocean, cause they're doing something I wanted to do for a very long time but couldn't.
do it!
the hardest part is the 1st line the 2nd hardest is the 1st paragraph and so forth!
the best one can do its to start doing something and once you get the rhythm it just flows from the heart!
do not even think where to start just start moving and it will come naturally!

the Chinese call it the wei state!

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
That's a pretty good point, he wants to be normal again and but this whole thing about summer is really fucking him up for reasons unknown to us yet.

But tbh it really don't work like that, closure might be attained for a simple break up and whatnot but for psychological traumas like these, I'm no psychologist but I'm pretty sure his broken bits are going to get worse as soon as summer pops back into his life unannounced when he's started to get his shit together.

_A.QH_

Aug 24, 2021

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020

if I may use a metaphor

I mean yeah we may be putting it back together again now but it's being held together with duct tape and chewing gum

and all the king's horses and All the King's Men will not be able to put that shit back together again
Not necessarily. It can be pulled off. I may be in the minority in that I wouldn't mind if she were to come back. With 30 chapters... I think Summer just may come back. It all depends on which point in the story she returns. It cannot be now or anytime soon, as MC and our LI of choice still have a lot of growth to undergo. Her disappearance is one of the main driving forces behind this story, but so is the MC's recovery. We all have to realize that at some point within the story, MC will have to face his past traumas. He cannot bury things forever.

As for how it will affect MC? It will not shatter him if he had sufficient development by the time she does come back. This can be done, but it takes really good writing to pull that off. I've seen it done before in actual books and novels, but never before in an AVN. Heck, most of the things in this AVN are brand new to AVNs altogether so nothing surprises me anymore lol. I believe Oceans can pull it off, and I think he is already doing just that, by making subtle changes in the MC. As a writer myself, I'd just suggest everyone pay attention to the little things. It won't happen anytime soon, but it's happening.

Personally, I'm not that interested in Summer herself, because I'm here mainly for MC and Bella's love story. What I am interested in, is everyone's reaction to her return. What effect will it have on MC and the cast that knows about her? What will it mean for the story? What will it mean for whatever relationship that the MC is in at that point? What will it mean for MC's own growth and progression? These are the things that I am interested in. One thing's certain, at some point, she will return, and it will absolutely shake up everything when she does.

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

if I may use a metaphor

I want her to come back because she's the only one who can stop me from falling for Bella

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
I suggest DEV to bring Summer back abruptly, like a devil out of her box, in the second half of the 30th chapter. And it's off again for a new series of 30 episodes, after the MC went berseck and played us extra time for "Friday the 13th" by slaughtering all the females around him. I haven't seen any "Duke Nukem" style gore games in this forum yet...... Pay no attention, it's a joke (in bad taste!)

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
I really want to see summer's return so we can see what she went through without MC does she waited for MC or moved on,what MC do with his new love if summer came for him,I'm pretty sure this game will have multiple endings so summer's plot have life if she comeback for MC.and I personally think this game is not only about MC and his mental problems it could have contents of Summer side.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020

if I may use a metaphor

Ya, I am in a spot where I don't really care about Summer - I've never been a big fan of stories that try to put the MC in a relationship in "the past" leading into the story and then re-introduce them later in emotionally impactful ways and the reason is two fold -

1.) There's no guarantee the player is going to find the girl attractive, potentially making the impact of her return meaningless
2.) There's no guarantee the player is going to form any kind of emotional attachment to that character based on just the backstory.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And just as you said, because of the MC's backstory, he'd be written to have this huge emotional reaction to such an event that the narrative would likely spend a lot of time on possibly affecting relationships that the player had begun working on, and the whole time I'd be waiting just to get through it so I could get back to the story I'd actually become invested in with other present-day characters.

LostGhost

May 16, 2021
Ya, I am in a spot where I don't really care about Summer - I've never been a big fan of stories that try to put the MC in a relationship in "the past" leading into the story and then re-introduce them later in emotionally impactful ways and the reason is two fold -

1.) There's no guarantee the player is going to find the girl attractive, potentially making the impact of her return meaningless
2.) There's no guarantee the player is going to form any kind of emotional attachment to that character based on just the backstory.

And just as you said, because of the MC's backstory, he'd be written to have this huge emotional reaction to such an event that the narrative would likely spend a lot of time on possibly affecting relationships that the player had begun working on, and the whole time I'd be waiting just to get through it so I could get back to the story I'd actually become invested in with other present-day characters.
What I say was lof never had her pov of her backstory no wonder you're not into it,summer is important character in SG if she has her own pov of playthrough ocean can make people into her more than current a available lis with multiple endings needs multiple playthrough so no need to worry about current invested li

Sep 3, 2020

if she comes back hopefully by then we will be in a relationship with bella and hearing bella voice might snap us out of it

if we lose our minds

but that is complete wishful thinking by me

truthfully my brother we don't know what's going to happen but something tells me it's going to be bad if it happens

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes