Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Very good idea. But if there were the name of each girl to select them, that would make my job easier because I'm not very physiognomic and the thumbnails are small. But whatever, in my grid there would be only Nami in pole position ... and maybe Bella in the last position. ;)

Klinex

Jun 18, 2017
Wow, kind of stumbled upon this game randomly and it has been an amazing ride this far. Great story, amazing characters, nice soundtrack... just wow.

Makes me want to keep digging through all the games in here to find more of those " hidden " gems.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Wow, kind of stumbled upon this game randomly and it has been an amazing ride this far. Great story, amazing characters, nice soundtrack... just wow.

Makes me want to keep digging through all the games in here to find more of those " hidden " gems.
Ya, one thing I have to take note of for this game that's definitely hit me like only a few others have is the music selection. Being a DIK is excellent in this regard, also.

People in general seem to be really touched emotionally by music and build attachments when music that really strikes them is played when a particular scene or event occurs, and this developer along with a few others I've come across, does a top-shelf job in selecting music to fit a particular scene that exponentially turns up the 'feels' for me well beyond what they would otherwise be, so huge kudos to Ocean for this. If it was common, more developers would be noted for doing it, but for me, only a few really have stuck with me for this.

I wonder if, when he finishes remastering the first couple chapters, if he'll be adding more music into them or not.

_BB_

Aug 6, 2021
Yeah not many VNs have good music. I think mainly because it is quite expensive to buy fully licensed music. There is non-copyrighted music too but only allowed in videos, not games, especially adult games. Ocean said each licensed song can cost from €100 - €4000. That's how much it takes to enhance the quality of a cinematic scene.

I have like 35-40 songs saved that will be used in the future.
But the licenses go from 100€ to 4000€. I will buy them piece by piece but it will take some time till I can afford them all.

And many songs are also reserved for future cinematics, I cannot use them in-game until the cinematic played.

It is music that you would find in Hollywood movies.
I contacted quite a few labels to get an idea of the pricing.

To me, music is pretty much the 2nd most important part of the game and that is the reason SG is lacking it. I have listened to thousands of songs (Copyright free and not) in 2019-2020.

I was left with 35-45 useable songs and PTSD from listening to so much bad music.
And I'd rather pick no music over some "maybe good enough" music.

4000€ is a lot but that's exactly what support is for. Elevating the game further and further to the point where people say "Wait? That's an AVN?"

That's also the reason I am going to switch to Blender. When the time comes and I have my hands on these high-end licenses, I want to be able to produce a cinematic worthy of it.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Yeah not many VNs have good music. I think mainly because it is quite expensive to buy fully licensed music. There is non-copyrighted music too but only allowed in videos, not games, especially adult games. Ocean said each licensed song can cost from €100 - €4000. That's how much it takes to enhance the quality of a cinematic scene.
Thanks for sharing that snip - ya, I figured that was probably why in Chapter 1 and 2 there are some long-feeling stretches where there's no music and it would be significantly improved with the right scores. I'm sure Ocean already knows what he wants to do with those stretches but just needs cash to get it done.

Reactions: Thrway8113 and _BB_
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes