Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

Hello,

It's time.

After 3000+ renders, my old PC is finishing up the update for "Where it all began".

This is probably the right time to announce that my new PC arrived. 2 days ago to be exact but I had to set it up first. I did lose some data like some Premiere Pro projects but nothing too major.
Everything seems to work fine now.

I already mentioned it in the Patreon post for WiAB, I will just copy it here.. It's a rather big but important text.

"Some of you might know that most Daz users use Iray. I did now switch render engines from the free Iray render engine to the paid Octane render engine.
Is it better?
That depends on who uses it and what you do with it.
I am a straight-up beginner and Octane has a lot more complexity to it compared to the "out-of-the-box" Iray engine.
In the long run, this will pay off.
Octane costs me 30€ a month. But thanks to my supporters this is do-able."

Octane does change a lot of stuff. All characters will look a little different now. (In my opinion better. The skin looks more realistic and less plastic.) Especially Bella... You guys should see her skin.

The new update schedule.
I mentioned it in the WiAB post, too. Here is the copy.

"The last update I released was "Summer's Gone Chapter 2" and people needed around 45 - 1 1/2h to finish that update.
I'd say that's solid.
But these updates take me around 3-4 months to make and I add more complexity and more animations each update. I bought ZBrush and started customizing everything. I am using Blender to create simple assets and this is taking a lot of time. (And don't forget Octane, Lightroom, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere.)
This is not also taking very long for you guys, but it is also taxing on me. These long development cycles make me feel like I am going nowhere.
I see the numbers of renders rising into the 1000s and still, it feels like I am not closer to finishing the update.
Even tho I spent an average of 10h a day in the last 3 months on this update and I am almost done, I feel like, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
What I am getting at is... After WiAB Chapter 6 and Summer's Gone Chapter 3, I will start releasing in half-chapters.
So it will be 50% of a full update.
But these updates will still feature 1000+ renders and probably 25-45 minutes of playtime.
This should result in ~ 1 1/2 - 2 month release schedules.
I see the months go by and I am still on the same spot. It's driving me crazy.
This means that the rework will be released in two parts. <-- (Only relevant for WiAB)
And the soon to be here PC will speed the schedule up, too. "

This means that Chapter 3 will still be a full chapter but the next update would be "Chapter 3.5"
They will still feature enough playtime to justify it as a full update. (As mentioned above 25-45min of playtime.)

From now on you can expect regular updates here on this Patreon site.

And here the first render of Chapter 3 and 'Octane' Vic.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- Ocean
So beautiful and realistic!

Maverick123446

Mar 18, 2020
He had said he'll release the update by March or April but it seems he hasn't even started developing chapter 3. I'm confused. Can anyone please clear this out. Is he starting development for chapter 3 now at the time when update was supposed to release?
P.S. - I'm just asking to find out when the update might come out and nothing else.

Sphynx-

Jun 2, 2018
He had said he'll release the update by March or April but it seems he hasn't even started developing chapter 3. I'm confused. Can anyone please clear this out. Is he starting development for chapter 3 now at the time when update was supposed to release?
P.S. - I'm just asking to find out when the update might come out and nothing else.
The initial plan was to release WiAB way earlier (in case you didnt know ocean also develops the game Where it All Began) sooner and start working on summer's gone straight away. However Ocean decided to work on a bit more complicated scenes in WiAB, include animations etc, and thus the work on the update was prolonged.

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
The development for Chapter 3 is barely started. The April update is supposed to be for Where it All Began, dev other game. By the post above, you can expect Summer's Gone Ch 3 by July/August..?

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Summer's gone isn't as complex as WiAB right now. (In terms of cinematics, animated sex scenes, etc.).

I won't give an EST but SG Chapter 3 development won't take that long. There is one bigger cinematic but with a constant focus, the cinematic can be done in a week.
The only thing that could eat a little time is that I will customize all the locations in SG. But this is a one-time thing.

And WiAB took this long because I also didn't have a 2nd PC then. But Chapter 3 will benefit fully from it.

It will certainly not take as long as July/August.

5p1der

Jul 30, 2019
A ks ThTE="Oceanlab, post: 3376894, member: 327695"]
Summer's gone isn't as complex as WiAB right now. (In terms of cinematics, animated sex scenes, etc.).

I won't give an EST but SG Chapter 3 development won't take that long. There is one bigger cinematic but with a constant focus, the cinematic can be done in a week.
The only thing that could eat a little time is that I will customize all the locations in SG. But this is a one-time thing.

And WiAB took this long because I also didn't have a 2nd PC then. But Chapter 3 will benefit fully from it.

It will certainly not take as long as July/August.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for keep on updating us

danny slayer

Nov 17, 2016
I have to say, this is one of the few games I’ve played on this site where I genuinely like every main female character. The models, their writing etc. All very solid. Typically there’s at least or two that are iffy, but not so far on this game.

diegao

Nov 27, 2018
Well all we know is that she is gone . BTW I don´t know if someone pointed this out before(probably yes) but the girl we saw in the cafe looked a lot like her.
Thanks and yeah she definitely looks a lot like summer. It would be great if she came back.

I have a question for you, it is related to another game and maybe you have played it and can you help me. It is a game where the MC lives with his father and with his father's wife. The MC's objective is to visit his mother and sisters who live elsewhere, but for this he has to convince his father that he is already a person capable of helping his father with the business and asks his father to He gives him one of the agreements that must be closed so that he can go and arrange the deal, obviously all this is done with the aim of visiting his family but the pope cannot find out, much less his stepmother who mistrusts MC and her He tells her that she is going to find out why he is doing this.

What is the name of this game?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks and yeah she definitely looks a lot like summer. It would be great if she came back.

I have a question for you, it is related to another game and maybe you have played it and can you help me. It is a game where the MC lives with his father and with his father's wife. The MC's objective is to visit his mother and sisters who live elsewhere, but for this he has to convince his father that he is already a person capable of helping his father with the business and asks his father to He gives him one of the agreements that must be closed so that he can go and arrange the deal, obviously all this is done with the aim of visiting his family but the pope cannot find out, much less his stepmother who mistrusts MC and her He tells her that she is going to find out why he is doing this.

What is the name of this game?
That is Summer Secret and it's abandoned.

Dev moved on to another game called Picture Perfect.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Malkovichi
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes