Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
glad to see the war for top girl is still going strong i'll stick with bella but truth be told there is no wrong answer

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: `Ray`

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Hi, fun police here.

Please bring this thread back to sanity, keep it nice and on-topic, and don't go on long shitposting sprees. This is not discord, you don't need to add emotes and gifs to every sentence.

And most of all, keep the memes and gifs to a minimum, ask yourself first if some poor sod from a third-world country on limited mobile data needs to load 300MB of memes because they wanted to check the last pages for update info.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
redknight00

What even counts as Off-Topic and On-Topic?

I answered a user who posted a link to a YT video and said he would really like to see it as a cinematic in SG, with "Yes, cinematics like these are planned but impossible to do in Daz."

And I posted a link to a Youtube video that shows it is possible in Blender and mentioned it will happen after the Daz to Blender switch.

This got deleted as off-topic.

Correct me if I am wrong... But links shouldn't eat up any data.

it seems a little excessive to thread ban (I assume that means exile) everyone who walks this apparently very fine line.

I think you can understand my confusion, especially because my deleted post was about the development and planned features of the game.

There was a second deleted post, but IDK what I wrote there... So it might've actually been off-topic.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Hey Guys, sorry to hear about what happened here...

As a result, I have created an Off-topic thread for Summer's Gone. Other Popular games have one too.

Do the On-topic discussion here and the Off-topic discussion there (Waifu Wars, Anything else).

Link:- https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-off-topic-discussion.112868/

redknight00 Hope you can add the link to the off-topic thread on the OP.

Thanks

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
so, no more off topics but we still got this kind of messages complaining about the game, great.
I'm not complaining about the game, but I'm genuinely very worried about the development. If it's going to continue to be 8 months and then a small update, then 8 months+ and a small update expecting the game to be finished in 15 years is actually a rather optimistic expectation.

And if that's the plan I'd prefer to know now and not get anymore emotionally invested in its development than I already am. Because I have really liked the game so far.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I'm not complaining about the game, but I'm genuinely very worried about the development. If it's going to continue to be 8 months and then a small update, then 8 months+ and a small update expecting the game to be finished in 15 years is actually a rather optimistic expectation.

And if that's the plan I'd prefer to know now and not get anymore emotionally invested in its development than I already am. Because I have really liked the game so far.
Ya I think dev speed for this game is at the top of the list for a lot of people in terms of concerns since it's projected to be around 30 chapters in length. I welcome the longer story for far better immersion and character / narrative development, but as so many have noted, the projected pace is literally ~10-20 years at this rate to completion.

Bright side is that it seems Ocean has made some efficiency tweaks to his processes and hopefully that will lead to quicker chapter releases. The key to watch here, will be the Chapter 4 to Chapter 4.5 dev window in terms of time. If it continues to be significantly long, then yeah, I can see why some folks might just start checking out.

rerderrum

May 4, 2018

Just one thing, next update will have >2000 stills and probably an absurd amount of animation renders with a quality not a single dev I know can provide and that in less then 8 months. That's a small update? Cmon. Ocean stated he did over 100 renders one day in Feburary... I know someone working with Blender in his job who got a BA and he isn't that fast.
Edit: Pls no thread ban :LOL:

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Just one thing, next update will have >2000 stills and probably an absurd amount of animation renders with a quality not a single dev I know can provide and that in less then 8 months. That's a small update? Cmon. Ocean stated he did over 100 renders one day in Feburary... I know someone working with Blender in his job who got a BA and he isn't that fast.
Edit: Pls no thread ban :LOL:
See for me the problem here is that yes Ocean brings the best quality to the table I can't stress that enough but between the last update and this upcoming one I don't think much will happen. the last update was like 70% basketball and I'm assuming ch 4 will be more focused on the fantasy game. All of that is nice dont get me wrong but it doesn't work when the game only have 1 or 2 updates a year, at this point we want to see the story unfold but having to wait a year just to see the MC play basketball or a fantasy game.. It sucks honestly and that drags the main story development. I love everything Ocean is doing with the game and all the side stuff like Bball and the fantasy stuff would be really enjoyable if the updates were more frequent so we could get the story going as well but seeing as that is not the case I'd rather do without it and have the game focus solely on character and story development.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
See for me the problem here is that yes Ocean brings the best quality to the table I can't stress that enough but between the last update and this upcoming one I don't think much will happen. the last update was like 70% basketball and I'm assuming ch 4 will be more focused on the fantasy game. All of that is nice dont get me wrong but it doesn't work when the game only have 1 or 2 updates a year, at this point we want to see the story unfold but having to wait a year just to see the MC play basketball or a fantasy game.. It sucks honestly and that drags the main story development. I love everything Ocean is doing with the game and all the side stuff like Bball and the fantasy stuff would be really enjoyable if the updates were more frequent so we could get the story going as well but seeing as that is not the case I'd rather do without it and have the game focus solely on character and story development.
Yes, try the new College themed game from VinovellaGames. Just two updates in one month and already has mistery, missing people, sex scenes, strange cults, whatever you want. Ocean makes some good looking babes don't get me wrong but the pacing is glacial both in game and irl.

Last edited:

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020

The very high quality of the work that Ocean delivers here is of course one reason why the updates are a long time coming.
As I understand it, Ocean is also always working on his other game.

I think that is the main reason for the long wait.
In my opinion it would have been smarter to finish one game after the other, but that's up to him.

I think it's all the little stories like the gym class or the planned fantasy game that make the story as a whole so interesting.
I would not like to do without all these side stories, for me they simply belong to it, with them the story and the individual characters live and grow.

I can only hope that Ocean never loses his motivation and continues to work on his game, even if I fear that it will take years to complete.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
anything can change with development though, more people could come in and support which could make a dev hire people to help or upgrade their system to do more.. thats why when you use previous update speed as a reference it doesnt really work or make sense.

he showed some numbers in his other game thread the other day which shows his speed has increased. Story wise a lot can happen or change in just one chapter, big events can happen which speed up some character development and things like that, im not worried about it.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes