Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I was curious after i was using unren on the game and started to dig into the gamefiles.

Found this use of, lets call it "pet name" used by Ocean for Bella. was spitting my tea while seeing this.

To be fair, it makes really no sense for non (native) german speakers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Old Man Al

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Well, it makes sense that you would say that. Seeing as how Sasha exists on a different realm compared to the other LIs.
It's not like i'm into her...
I wrote some post's before that i almost like most of the girl's ,that's why i have several playthroughs ;)
Just stating the fact that newbies should wait until the big boys show up to defend their precious girls and wait for the "Warzone" where they'll get eaten alive ;)
Like i said i love this thread,beer+popcorn and silently watch this thread = made my day everytime ;)

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I was curious after i was using unren on the game and started to dig into the gamefiles.

Found this use of, lets call it "pet name" used by Ocean for Bella. was spitting my tea while seeing this.

To be fair, it makes really no sense for non (native) german speakers.

*hust* *hust* ;)

• Hey there
Reactions: Mortarion

ICanBeCuddly!

Apr 22, 2022
Well, thats for sure. But i must admit, despite i am a total sucker for Bella, Zara has grown to me - kind off...
Same goes for me with Vanessa, at a lower level. In the beginning, i wasnt able to stand Vanessam but later in the update i find here tolerable. That only spaks for how a good writer Ocean is - in my opinion.
Imagine what would happen if Bella was right...

• Haha
Reactions: ImproperTattoo

sotorojo

Jul 18, 2018
Windows Defender antivirus is flagging the game/patch.7z file included in this game. (Trojan:Script/OneEva.A!ml)

senjin

Jul 27, 2017
Ok, I can see that this game gets a lot of praise and I agree with most of it. Especially the graphics are amazing, that is clear.
But i need to say something about the start of the game, more exactly from the accident to the MC and girl leaving the hospital.
First, the way all of them act at that part is so insanely unreal it is hard to take in.
1. The nurse would never let them in to the room. Have them sneek in somehow instead or something.
2. The friend acts extremely weird in every way.
3. I wont comment on the MC because he seems f-ed up and I assume this is a part of the story.
4. The MC´s friend is bothered by him not being polite? That is her concern at this point?
5. The girl was in an accident a a few hours ago and she looks pristine? She should be black and blue all over and 100% sedated to sleep. She just rolls out of surgery and has lost the feeling in her legs looking like a supermodel?

I get a feeling that tis game for some reason gets a huge pass on some glaring issues and I dont get why?

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I'll say this: I love this game but I feel like the story is overrated, like I really don't think it's anything special and barely any interesting stuff happens to drive the narrative forward imo (especially compared to a game like city of broken dreamers for example).
Subjectively? Sure that's your opinion. Objectively? It isn't... far from it actually. The story so far explores a mystery(one amongst many). That mystery is the disappearance of the MC's lost lover, Summer. How did she disappear? What exactly made our MC have all these issues? Where is she now? What exactly lead up to it? Etc. These are the kinds of questions that most players have in regards to that. That is the external plot. The internal plot is the MC trying to either become a better person or plummet deeper into darkness. Furthermore, the subplots are all very engaging(Bella and the Holgersons, the sports tournament, Nojiko and Nick, etc.). These subplots not only keep things interesting, but they allow for the main plot to build. My point is that it's unique. There's nothing like Summer's Gone on this site, and there likely never will be. I'm not sure what you meant in regards to driving the narrative forward(because it has). COBD is meant to be around 15 chapters long, therefore its story will reach pivotal moments much sooner than Summer's Gone, whose story is meant to be near 30 chapters. But then again, that was your opinion, so I can't really argue that.

It does have great characters, the characters are definitely the strong point of the game, but a game/show/movie/... can have great characters without having a great narrative and vice versa. All-time great movies etc have both though.

Obviously this game still has time to build upon its narrative since I think there are supposed to be like 30 chapters(?), but yeah, for now I don't get all the people gushing about the story.
I'm glad that you clarified earlier that this was your own personal view. Objectively, it's one of the most unique stories not only in its genre but in AVNs in general. The main plot is given attention in doses. Drop a character here from MC's past to get the audience thinking(Elsa), have certain characters give ambiguous statements regarding MC(Emilio on MC... and the background check), and have the MC directly make statements and perform actions on the main plot(planning to approach Emilio for what can only be, to find Summer). Oceanlabs is employing writing techniques that will prepare the audience for a major reveal/event somewhere down the line. These small doses will add up, and when the time comes, the main plot will move forward in a major way(one which I'm sure the audience will appreciate). But make no mistake, it is moving forward. You just have to pay attention to see it.

So I'm glad that this is only your opinion... because it would have been something truly special if it wasn't :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Ok, I can see that this game gets a lot of praise and I agree with most of it. Especially the graphics are amazing, that is clear.
But i need to say something about the start of the game, more exactly from the accident to the MC and girl leaving the hospital.
First, the way all of them act at that part is so insanely unreal it is hard to take in.
1. The nurse would never let them in to the room. Have them sneek in somehow instead or something.
3. I wont comment on the MC because he seems f-ed up and I assume this is a part of the story.
4. The MC´s friend is bothered by him not being polite? That is her concern at this point?
5. The girl was in an accident a a few hours ago and she looks pristine? She should be black and blue all over and 100% sedated to sleep. She just rolls out of surgery and has lost the feeling in her legs looking like a supermodel?

I get a feeling that tis game for some reason gets a huge pass on some glaring issues and I dont get why?
Because it's a damn fantasy Adult VN, not a "true story". Who the hell cares if there are some thing that doesn't make sense vs how things work in IRL?

• Angry
Reactions: rolfcopter

ICanBeCuddly!

Apr 22, 2022
I'll say this: I love this game but I feel like the story is overrated, like I really don't think it's anything special and barely any interesting stuff happens to drive the narrative forward imo (especially compared to a game like city of broken dreamers for example).

It does have great characters, the characters are definitely the strong point of the game, but a game/show/movie/... can have great characters without having a great narrative and vice versa. All-time great movies etc have both though.

Obviously this game still has time to build upon its narrative since I think there are supposed to be like 30 chapters(?), but yeah, for now I don't get all the people gushing about the story.
And here I thought this game was underrated.
That might be, but there are some huge stuff that utterly breaks the possibility for me to buy the world.

I have commented on a few things just above this and now I have some more stuff.

One day after being hit by a car, hard, the girl is at home looking like a princess. That is just poor attention to storytelling.
She has lost the use of her legs and it might be forever and she is all sunshine about it, one day after the accident. That is not how reality works. This creator might be good at stories and writing techniques but he/she needs help with some reality checks that dont break the world and also some help with how humans work.
You've no idea what you're talking about.

You should listen to what people with similar situations do as Victoria. Not all of them, but some may surprise you on how they dealt with it.

It's called being in denial. It's actually more common among people who have lost something important to them. It doesn't have to be your limbs. It could be someone dear to you as well. Anything that could cause you a feeling of extreme loss.

When they start to slowly let themselves into reality, they start to lose it and immediately break down. That should explain how she behaved in the recovery centre, for you.

So far it's been well written.

I'd say you're ill-formed on this particular matter.

Okay, I get it. You haven't played the game to its completion. Do that first! That should help you understand a bit, even though I feel like you're lacking some serious points on the empathy scale.

Last edited:

senjin

Jul 27, 2017
Oceanlabs is employing writing techniques that will prepare the audience for a major reveal/event somewhere down the line.
That might be, but there are some huge stuff that utterly breaks the possibility for me to buy the world.

I have commented on a few things just above this and now I have some more stuff.

One day after being hit by a car, hard, the girl is at home looking like a princess. That is just poor attention to storytelling.
She has lost the use of her legs and it might be forever and she is all sunshine about it, one day after the accident. That is not how reality works. This creator might be good at stories and writing techniques but he/she needs help with some reality checks that dont break the world and also some help with how humans work.

senjin

Jul 27, 2017
And here I thought this game was underrated.

You've no idea what you're talking about.

You should listen to what people with similar situations do as Victoria. Not all of them, but some may surprise you on how they dealt with it.

It's called being in denial. It's actually more common among people who have lost something important to them. It doesn't have to be your limbs. It could be someone dear to you as well. Anything that could cause you a feeling of extreme loss.

When they start to slowly let themselves into reality, they start to lose it and immediately break down. That should explain how she behaved in the recovery centre, for you.

So far it's been well written.

I have worked in a hospital as a therapist and now I am a socialworker. No one, ever, acts like this ONE DAY after the accident. Ever. She would be either put in a coma, drugged out of her mind or in total shock and confusion.
The "dealing with it" you talk about comes later, not in this stage at all.

Also, her body would be beaten up like a exploding blood worm. Not looking like a barbie.

Reactions: Ostekerne

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020

If you're looking for reality, go outside. As realistic as these games are(and try to be), they're still fiction. I'm sure you were not the first to notice these inconsistencies, and you definitely won't be the last. But do you realize why you're the first and only one to actually point them out? Because everyone else remembered that this is a fictional game set in a fictional world. Not everything's going to be realistic. If this were as realistic as you seem to want, Bella and MC would have both been in jail right now, and the story would have ended right then and there(the night of the break-in). No one's expecting this game to be that realistic.

ICanBeCuddly!

Apr 22, 2022
I have worked in a hospital as a therapist and now I am a socialworker. No one, ever, acts like this ONE DAY after the accident. Ever. She would be either put in a coma, drugged out of her mind or in total shock and confusion.
The "dealing with it" you talk about comes later, not in this stage at all.

Also, her body would be beaten up like a exploding blood worm. Not looking like a barbie.

If she's paralyzed then she should not be feeling any pain to be drugged out of her mind. Since, the affected nerves at the place can't transmit the pain to your brain if there are any present. But the pain is there all right.

How many patients have you dealt with during your time as a therapist for similar situations? Have you witnessed all the patients with the same set of conditions from around the entire world? Did they all react the same day on their first day of realization. It's more than fair to say you haven't. Don't give a statement that's only based on a few of the wide set of variables. What's up with one thing doesn't always apply to the rest.

At the end of the day, it's just a novel where unusual things happen more than once. To have everything be accurate, you'd have to be mental! It's wasted having your brain strained over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

Quarron

Mar 22, 2022
I'll be damned ... She knows, she fucking knows ... and she’s playing with us

Bella, I love you but you messed up big-time
I just want to get a damn driver's license so that We can join the races with Bella. Oh boy, I can imagine we're racing with Bella right now. Shit is about to get crazy.

Rad0

Jun 21, 2020
One of those insane games, where its done so well, remember every detail, always sucks when it ends but testament to how solid it is. Is really nailing some of the music in background with the images at times.

For the tabletop part, I can understand why not thrilled by it, but if I recall, the game is going to be 20(!!!???) or so chapters so plenty of time for it to become more substantial and I think that is what the dev is aiming for. As something taking up a big bit in half a chapter can be odd but as I say, think its just laying the ground.

Bella is defiantly the top LI, but I think partly by virtue of having so much good content thus far. Can easily see others outside Nami once they get there own good bit of content also being comparable to Bella. Heck for me even Zara after real half epsiode of content is pretty cool.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I still believe that Sasha and her mignon Robin are the evil masterminds in this game ... it was Robin who used Nami as a bait for our Mc to come to the locker and it was also Robin who told this reporter bitch about the "sex scandal" in the ladys restromms at the college ... and her close affinity to Sasha makes her suspicious too

Reactions: ZillaStarKilla
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes