JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Guys, just chill a bit.. The update may be late, but whatever, the game is good and the dev had some problems. I bet he's doing his best, so let's have some respect and just WAIT.
Was there even a date given for this update or were people assuming October? Ive seen October a few times but no reason why they were saying October.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
Okay, so this is the first time I've done something like this, but the sheer quality of the animation forced me into action. I've taken it upon myself to produce a patch where I've corrected 99.99% of the english mistakes - I don't feel confident saying 100%, I'm only human after all. I've also extended a few scenes by a couple of frames and changed/added more detail to some, not all, of the lines. Anything I've changed, scenes and/or lines, I did so with the hope that it will have greater impact.

This took a surprisingly large amount of time and I now have a much greater appreciation for modders. So, I'm going to say - arbitrary number - if at least five people enjoy my patch, it will have been worth it.

P.S. This patch contains incest, obviously... :D

P.S.S. I'm new. I hope this is the correct way to go about this...

*Edit: This patch is for the current Ch.2 release as of 10/23/20. If it is popular I may correct future releases as well.
So just to clarify, what differentiates this patch from the incest patch is the grammatical errors you corrected?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
First of all I want to thank Oceanlab for two excellent games. Period, both are excellent and a joy to play.

We should all realize that Oceanlab is doing this for his/her own enjoyment and not to meet any particular release cycle. We are not dealing with a commercial game maker. In that world you don't change tools or rework previously released content if it endangers a release date.

We enjoy consuming the VN's content. Oceanlab enjoys creating it. All these side trips to upgrade early content, explore different tools, recode the core of the game to be more flexible is a demonstration of him/her enjoying the creative process.

Oceanlab, rightfully, doesn't see us as customers. We wait for the result but we're secondary to their joy of creation. So no point in bitching about delays.

These games reflect a lot of talent, which most of us benefit for free. A pretty good deal no matter how you slice it. That said between the two game Oceanlab pulls in about $1800 a month. Or $18,000 since the last release of SG. You can buy a hell of a lot of computer hardware for $18K.

Whatever. Oceanlab thanks for a great pair of games. I'm an old fart with a decade or so left to me. Hopefully you'll finish both VNs while I'm still around to read them.

Apr 9, 2019
So just to clarify, what differentiates this patch from the incest patch is the grammatical errors you corrected?
Yes, I corrected the numerous errors. As well as adding a frame here and there to certain scenes with the hope of slightly improving said scene and making it more impactful. However, I didn't change the direction of the developer's vision in any way, shape, or form, just helped it a bit. Of course, I'm sure there's an argument to be made that changing anything 'alters the vision,' but that's not for me to decide.

If you use my patch I would like to know if I missed anything, because at over 7000 lines of dialogue and with me being human, I figure I had to have missed at least one thing.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, I corrected the numerous errors. As well as adding a frame here and there to certain scenes with the hope of slightly improving said scene and making it more impactful. However, I didn't change the direction of the developer's vision in any way, shape, or form, just helped it a bit. Of course, I'm sure there's an argument to be made that changing anything 'alters the vision,' but that's not for me to decide.

If you use my patch I would like to know if I missed anything, because at over 7000 lines of dialogue and with me being human, I figure I had to have missed at least one thing.
It obviously was for you to decide as you changed stuff to 'help it a bit'...this I'm afraid is entirely subjective and down to opinion.

Again..leave shit alone...fix grammar by all means...most VN devs are not native English speakers. Anything else...let the dev do his stuff yeah...or if you really think you can improve and are better...let's see your own VN hmmm?

Apr 9, 2019
It obviously was for you to decide as you changed stuff to 'help it a bit'...this I'm afraid is entirely subjective and down to opinion.

Again..leave shit alone...fix grammar by all means...most VN devs are not native English speakers. Anything else...let the dev do his stuff yeah...or if you really think you can improve and are better...let's see your own VN hmmm?
This guy seems really upset about a patch that is completely voluntary... I can't tell if they've played using it and disagree with what I did or are simply speaking blind. I'm really quite surprised by the amount of heat this person is putting out over such minor changes though.

Oh, well... Hopefully others appreciate my small contribution to this wonderful VN! :D

P.S. I never said that I could do a better job creating a VN. Firstly: I don't have a dedicated GPU, so... And secondly: I'm not knowledgeable enough with coding. Maybe someday though... I think everyone would like to make the VN that they wish they could play.

qwertz!

Oct 14, 2019
Easy guys. No need to fight over small things.

narskull42 Just keep going mate. You'll get better and better. Remeber that even Ocean recieves bad comments about his games. No need to stress over nothing. I wish you luck and hopefully one day you'll deliver us your very own VN game.

Maviarab No need for such comments. Respect other's people work. If you don't like it just skip it. If Ocean is fine about this and not angry you should be fine too. It's not like he edited story of the game or something else. It's a simple patch. If you need it, download and try it, if not, pretend you didn't see it.

I'm not trying to be a cop here. I just want you stop "fighting" over nothing. It's almost update time. Is it not better to discuss about story of this beautiful game than fight over a patch? I think it is.

Ps: Sorry for tagging you guys. If you don't like it, feel free to report me if you need to. I don't mind honestly. If it'll make your day better, go for it. Life is too short for fighting over small things. Just enjoy it. :) Stay awesome, stay positive and take care ;)

Last edited:

biiiss

Apr 13, 2019

bro have you even used the patch? I'm convinced you literally don't know what you're talking about :(
Let him do his thing.

bigjuicer

May 26, 2020
At first I was like what the fuck is this emo shit this protagonist can’t be for real, I even shot at the teacher because I was convinced shit couldn’t even be real with how edgy he was talking lmao. But then it all started to make sense and the story absolutely hooked me. Can’t wait for the update.

Also what the fuck, pretty much every single girl is a 10.

scalvi

Uploader
Donor
Mar 17, 2020

Hello,

This is going to be the last Dev Log before the actual release.

I am going to show off some new previews, the new main menu, and say a few words about the current GPU situation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is the last dev log before the release. I will probably make a small post as soon as the update does go into Testing/Polishing.

- Ocean
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

Hello,

This is going to be the last Dev Log before the actual release.

I am going to show off some new previews, the new main menu, and say a few words about the current GPU situation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is the last dev log before the release. I will probably make a small post as soon as the update does go into Testing/Polishing.

- Ocean
:)
Man the hard work you do is just.... unbelievable. I appreciate being transparent about the situation and really grateful that we get to know about the stuff getting put into the game. Really thank you.
And are you kidding me? Bella is literally my favourite character!

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes