Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Mila's old bust was okish, but this now? Sorry, just unappetising.
If you're into that kind of thing, there you go, who am I to judge? But then it should also be done consistently with gravity. The stuff tends to sag massively sooner rather than later.

Mila in this state(?) is simply a turn-off for a lot of people - including me, even though I found her appealing up to this point. When I think that the focus of the next update will be on Mila and Victorya, my anticipation turns to bewilderment.

Well it seems i was a bit hasty with my rant:

1657893455115.png

Ok, now we can discuss forever what looks natural and what not...
I guess, in the end it is finally a matter of taste

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
Well it seems i was a bit hasty with my rant:

View attachment 1926881

Ok, now we can discuss forever what looks natural and what not...
I guess, in the end it is finally a matter of taste
Indeed, the author taste is what really matters in the end, if your tastes do align all the better, if not, well there are plenty of other fascinating characters.

I for one love this new fuller breast shape, should he change his own taste to pander to those wanting smaller boobs, he'd end up making a disservice not only to himself but to those who also share his taste. So he should just go with what he likes.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I know Ocean said he has not touched Milas boobs (harhar) but something is nagging me about this.

The two on the left are Chapter 3 the right one is Chapter 3.5 and the 2nd of right is the actuall bibilog. I am no artist, not even close, maybe its just the angle or something - but for me it looks way bigger.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One another really impressive point is the fucking huge jump in render quality after every fucking update. In the game itself, this never really comes into its own because you only ever see one picture each and never have a direct comparison side by side.

Oceans reaction of my comment on SS

karlsberg

Aug 16, 2019
The second on the left looks about the same as the new render, maybe slightly less "thickness", but the size is approximately the same.
I don't know what the big deal is. She already has the biggest cup size among the girls and there are several with way smaller breasts.
I actually think Vic has grown much more. Judging by that Ch.4 pic and the new Ch. 1 samples.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I like Mila's chest just fine - I think they just look different here due to the sculpting Ocean did as they are more pushed together like they would be naturally in a bra when they're that big. I like bigger boobs, but I also like Amber's normal size with the pierced nips, too.
Mila's boobs in those previews remind me almost identically of Leia in WIAB, which I am a big fan of.
I think with Mila's preview pics here I think those pants look awful on her and that draws my attention more than the boobs, lol.

Obanama

Jan 25, 2021

Hello,

So... This is the first official Chapter 4.5 Dev log and the last Log about Chapter 4.

We'll start with some news regarding the Chapter 4 Final version.

1. Chapter 4 Final and hardware limitations.
1.1 New hardware and energy prices.

2. Chapter 1.
3. Chapter 4.5

1. Chapter 4 Final and hardware limitations.

Around five days ago, I finished creating all the renders for the final. ~580 renders for Chapter 1.

The new Chapter 1 is a little longer than the old one and features a few new events and insights. (One little Summer flashback, a hint of what happened to MC, etc.)

So... You say the final is done. Where is the update?

For the first time in a very long time, I'm outperforming my hardware again.

The last time this happened was in 2019.

SG's render queue has 320 images in it.

WiAB's has 140.

We have reached a point of hardware limitations. There's nothing I can do but wait and let it render 24/7.

This has never happened before. And certainly not to such an extent.

And it's all thanks to the little improvements I made. In early 2021, I started to work on myself. My mindset, my personal health, etc.

Little adjustments accumulated over time.

And now I created a 1500 lines (580 renders) long update in around a month. And some of those renders were extremely frustrating/challenging. (The big with tons of people.)

I will make a separate post someday about my personal improvements, etc. Normally, I'd say this is too personal. But as a solo dev, your personal state is as important as the actual creative process.

And I'd like to share some insights. I have an urge to talk about it.

1.1 New hardware and energy prices.

Oh and uh... I thought about getting some new hardware but... Germany's energy prices are the highest in the world, and now I have heard from various sources that due to the current crisis, etc.

We're looking at price increases of 75% to 300% for electricity.

The average person will then pay like 130€ instead of their usual 40-50€.

But I am already paying 300+€ a month. If the worst case happens and it actually increases by 300%, I am looking at monthly energy costs of almost 1000€.
This is devastating. And due to my current living situation, I can't declare it as a business expense.

I have to take precautions, which will result in less music and other costly assets for the next update or two.

And costly hardware is out of the question for now. I simply can't afford it under the current circumstances.

But better times will come again. (And if not, I'll create them myself by leaving the country.)

2. Chapter 1.

I will show a few more thingies from Chapter 1, as I do expect, that not everyone is going to play it.

A few renders I'd like to showcase aren't rendered yet. So this will have to do.

Old Mila's introduction
View attachment 1926242 View attachment 1926243

The auditorium scene still exists, but plays out differently.

New Mila Introduction (I actually dig her old hair now.)
View attachment 1926234 View attachment 1926235

Mila's talk with the MC

Old
View attachment 1926244

Mila's smoking has been removed. Mila's personal character arc has been developed in a completely different direction. Smoking is pretty much the dumbest thing a poor person could do.

New
View attachment 1926236

Maja meets the MC in front of the college.

Old
View attachment 1926240 View attachment 1926241

The new version has a much more natural flow. Also, two weeks have passed since the incident with Victoria.
View attachment 1926232 View attachment 1926233

This scene here has been completely removed and a new small series of events is there.

Old
View attachment 1926239

New
View attachment 1926231 View attachment 1926227

Many new details have been added to the overall college life. The immersion should be on a completely different level now.

That's pretty much it with Chapter 4's Final. I will release it as soon as all renders are through the queue.

Meanwhile, work on Chapter 4.5 has started

WiAB Chapter 2 is also closing in fast on a release. It's just that WiAB's PC has not even half the power of the SG PC.

It naturally takes a little longer to render the scenes out.

3. Chapter 4.5

I'm sure you won't be surprised by the fact that Chapter 4.5 has a very high Vic & Mila focus.

I won't say too much about the update but... it will be a blessing to set up. (The DND session in Ch4 tainted me.... but also made me stronger.)

All images shown in this Log are attached in High Res.
View attachment 1926237

"Some words of truth."
View attachment 1926238 View attachment 1926220 View attachment 1926223

I have been looking forward to an actual Vic/Mila focused Chapter.

My two coder bois and I are also working on the phone and a few basic apps.

It's planned to release the phone with this Chapter.

One bad thing though. I did scrap the two planned cinematics for this Chapter... As I would need to delete them with the Chapter 5 steam release.
But new cinematics are already forming in my head.

Anyways, this is it for today's log.

WiAB will get a new Log soon, too. We are now back to the Bi-Weekly Log schedule.

Considering it all, I am very optimistic about the future.

- Ocean
New introductions looks nice but i just hope the dev isn't just using the Dutch Angle + DoF approach to everything because it gets annoying to look at after a while and forces you to tilt your head to see everything if not done in a smart way. But overall still excited for the reworked parts :)

Reactions: Garen

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
I know Ocean said he has not touched Milas boobs (harhar) but something is nagging me about this.

The two on the left are Chapter 3 the right one is Chapter 3.5 and the 2nd of right is the actuall bibilog. I am no artist, not even close, maybe its just the angle or something - but for me it looks way bigger.

One another really impressive point is the fucking huge jump in render quality after every fucking update. In the game itself, this never really comes into its own because you only ever see one picture each and never have a direct comparison side by side.

Oceans reaction of my comment on SS

Wow this makes it really obvious...
The new pic really seems to make Milas bust size bigger even compared to ch 4
Mila doesn't seem to wear a bra in those other pics while in the new pic she wears one.
I have no idea how pushup bras work but if they're that effective then there's a new business model right there!

Maybe Ocean's going to update the less busty pictures of Mila with the next updates as well...

Apr 22, 2022
Mila's old bust was okish, but this now? Sorry, just unappetising.
If you're into that kind of thing, there you go, who am I to judge? But then it should also be done consistently with gravity. The stuff tends to sag massively sooner rather than later.

Mila in this state(?) is simply a turn-off for a lot of people - including me, even though I found her appealing up to this point. When I think that the focus of the next update will be on Mila and Victorya, my anticipation turns to bewilderment.

==================================

Post update to prevent some nasty missunderstandings and possible meltdowns here

https://f95zone.to/threads/summers-gone-ch-4-beta-oceanlab.29981/post-8550416
Mila's bust will look good, its probably certain angles or scenes that make them look weird, I find it hard to believe that someone like Ocean will mess that up

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019

Yeah, same opinion here. They were already really big, but she was so sexy that I could forget about it.
But now I definitely find them bigger, and it's disgusting imo.

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, same opinion here. They were already really big, but she was so sexy that I could forget about it.
But now I definitely find them bigger, and it's disgusting imo.
+1. I like big boobs as much as the next guy/girl, but this is getting too close to the "bimbo" look, which so far this game has avoided. Not a fan of how giant they look now.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
Don't ruin a good thing folks. Mila's tits look great and I suspect the itty-bitty tittie committee will stop whining once the chapter comes out and they see her in action. Hands off my MG!
I do love big boobs, just don't like cows.

And they have to make sense with the rest of the body. I think a real boob lover isn't the one who love gigantics watermelons but the one who knows the best shape and their cohesion with the silhouette.
1657974386296.png

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Clothing can enhance the look of Mila's bounty. I think a comparison of Shower Mila from CH 3 and topless Mila during CH 4.5 will answer the question (and I'm Really hoping that Mila gets to free the girls). She knows she is competing with Bella so I think she will literally bring out her big guns :)

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Guys, please, don't put wrong ideas into the Ocean's head! Whatever we like them or not - we have to appreciate Mila's new boobs. Or we will end up with the Chapter 1 MK2 instead of the next update in the future. The Paris is well worth a mass The next update is well worth a huge boobs!

4.30 star(s) 504 Votes