A Big Fan

Feb 10, 2022
I mean unless Ocean changes his plan of 5 games, I find it hard to see how all games will be finished within reasonable time, considering SG and WIAB are nowhere near completion, especially WIAB which has just undergone a rework. I admire Ocean for having one of the finest looking VN out there, but the progress has really been underwhelming and I don't know how long he will be able to continue this, considering his latest posts mentioned rising costs of living which is putting a strain on his resources and finance. Maybe things will get better with better hardware, but I think he will use it for better graphics which may not change the rate of progress much. I still think he should have delayed the rework of WIAB until at least SG season 1 was finished

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I have a rather skeptical attitude towards Ocean, despite the fact that I like its games.
He's great as an artist, his perfectionism commands respect, but I think he's a new version of Icstor.
Icstor blatantly lied and lead his fandom on for over a year, even managing to acquire an abandoned tag in the process. Oceanlabs never lied, and almost(emphasis here in case someone quotes me) always follows through on his promises. Oceanlabs is also very transparent if you take a look at his Patreon. You must have really liked Summer's Gone if you were frustrated enough to make such an absurd comparison lol
He recently announced that he plans to release 5 games across the universe Summer is gone :WaitWhat:. And here we turn on the math: Chapter 1 Summer is gone - a year. He plans 30 chapters for this game :KEK: Even if he releases two updates a year, there will be 13 years left before the game ends! :FacePalm:And he's still planning 5 games.
Flawed math when you take into consideration the variables. There are many things that go into forming the development period. A lot of areas contribute to it in some way, shape, or form, but all are subject to change. To put it simply, there isn't a set development period. Looking at it from a business standpoint, all he needs to do is to make it to Chapter 5, release it on Steam, and then profits would increase substantially. But that's a whole other conversation. The point is that the development cycle hasn't been set yet. Things are constantly changing in that regard, so it'd be foolish to assume that the update period would stay the same.
And that's why the game is starting to remind me more and more of Star Citizen.:HideThePain: The summer is gone, it will never be finished, this project was created to pull money from the patrons :WeSmart: (he himself constantly complains that he lacks the power of iron and blah blah blah. Who else besides him is whining like that? He just begs for money from patrons to upgrade hardware, for utility bills :FacePalm:)
Have you ever made an AVN? You're speaking like a veteran developer lol. Have you ever rendered anything comparable to what we've seen in SG(please do post if you have)? He's the developer. Of course he'd outline what's needed for progress. I hate to break it to you, but when 95% of your funds are going towards your project, there's not really much left behind for you to take. Have you ever been a patron or are you purposefully making ignorant statements? Let me explain to you how Patreon works. He has something called "goals" on Patreon displaying the number of patrons(and in essence - support) that would allow him to attain assets that serve to decrease the difficulty and length of development. I understand your frustration. Really, I do, but don't try to frame him as someone delivering lies in the hopes of stealing a few dollars. That whole section of your post was super ignorant(and dumb in my opinion). Really, context is everything. I don't understand why some people voluntarily make themselves look foolish. It's better to be silent and assumed a fool instead of speaking and confirming yourself a fool.
Everyone understands that this will go on forever, we will never see the end. It's just a classic infobusiness. He trades in expectation, and gives us small demo chapters.:PogChamp:
Those people, like yourself, are free to explore the thousands of other games within F95. No one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to put up with anything. You made that decision yourself. You played the game, loved it, then found out that the development cycle(that's constantly fluctuating) was not to your satisfaction. So what did you do? Attacked its developer. Has that ever worked for you? Btw, I think a lot of people would be interested in hearing of the AVNs with larger updates. I know of 2, maybe 3 AVNs, but you've made it sound like there are so many lol. I'm genuinely curious about them. If you'd name them, that'd be greatly appreciatedღ

Last edited:

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
OMG, what do I see? For me,this is even more exciting than seeing an update, although there is still a long way off from actually seeing this. I am filled with anticipation now. View attachment 1938524
Hold on, wait a minute...I don't see any mention of MC if he is the one who will do the marrying and impregnating.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I really don't understand the complaints about the planned pentalogy.

First of all he's not "wasting time" on them since he's not working on the other games at the time.
Most importantly having played and followed games on this forum for years I know one of the biggest problem many games face is lack of long team vision. I can't even tell how many games I've seen start great and over time lose themself around the midway point.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Please provide correct information if I have this wrong. My understanding was in four to six weeks Ocean would put out the finished version to replace the beta. Since we are approaching 8 weeks, what is the actual plan for the finished version?

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes