NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Perfectionists need deadlines to function, otherwise they accomplish nothing. Too bad ICSTOR has thought the money grubby devs that they can get away it and thought the ones that actually care about developing games complacency(which is where I would place Ocean). Why would they ever stop over extending, reworking the reworks and start doing compromises when they know 80% of their income will stick around no matter what?!

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I feel the software developer's vibe in this answer. They are (me included) always tend to underestimate the work and do not mind the possible obstacles. Let's hope he will be able to deliver it.
And what about this Zane Universe thing, what is it exactly? After the last chapter I have a strong feeling that there will be some sort of the supernatural theme in this game. I mean the Nami's half earring, mysterious woman who gave it to the Nami (and probably Sasha) in the past, this Vanessa who recognized it (and she looks kinda priestess of some cult).

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
[...]
And what about this Zane Universe thing, [...]
The Zane Universe is the, lets call it "realm" where the games play. The MC of WIAB is called William Zane, his sisters are named Katie and Leia Zane. WIAB plays in a timeline before Summer's Gone - i asume twenty earlyer. But thats hard to estimate 'cause lack of valid/proof information. My guess of the twenty years is coming from a dialog shorty before the Basektball game in Chapter 3.5 :

1658331867058.png

"ay" is the line spoken from Auya.
That means there is a canon ending where the MC of WIAB stays with (most likely) Miru and have the offspring called Auya. If we consider now roughly the unknown age of Auya - i guess ~18 - and the possibilty that Miru(?) has not given birth to her when the game ends, we are safe to use 20 years timelapse between the two games.

Last edited:

Nekiorem

Sep 18, 2021
Has he promised faster updates, because I remember mentioning higher quality renders 'up to his standard' and longer animations? And every previous hardware upgrade he did, updates seem to come out slower and slower...so I don't know what kinda Copium supradose are you all taking. Switching software in the middle of development, so many red flags...

His plan of multiple games before fucking finishing one reminds me of the DCCU trying to emulate the MCU without first laying the foundations, I'll spare you the words that I want to use, keep it PC and say it has been proven again and again no to be the brightest idea.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Multiple game without finishing one? did you even saw the post ? the images at start before spoilers ?
All 5 stories are planned in the same universe and there are hints about them so obviously there's need to some planning beforehand.
he dreams big , I dream big too you dont?
You talked about MCU you must have understood what I want to say ?

he certainly tries his best and recently the result are kinda noticable
this chap 1 rework he created in a month . still why so late because of his PC taking time to render ,its difficult for DAZ to work with the amount of VRAM he currently have.
chapter 4 this beta did take long because of DND but now that it wont be comin in for a a good number of updates expect fast releases. I do , quite a lot of us do

changing software midway? nope he's currently learning the same and chap 10 end is still way long till that time there should be a good grip and a teammate too maybe

I feel the software developer's vibe in this answer. They are (me included) always tend to underestimate the work and do not mind the possible obstacles. Let's hope he will be able to deliver it.
And what about this Zane Universe thing, what is it exactly? After the last chapter I have a strong feeling that there will be some sort of the supernatural theme in this game. I mean the Nami's half earring, mysterious woman who gave it to the Nami (and probably Sasha) in the past, this Vanessa who recognized it (and she looks kinda priestess of some cult).
Zane universe in simple words like our universe he named his one as Zane universe in which all the 5 games/stories take place.
I only have 1 example right now if you know about MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
no supernatural thing , this arc is connected to his other game WIAB

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Has the date with Mila happened? I am on the Bella path mostly, so I don't know if I missed it because of my choices?
Have you even played the last version till the end? Readed and understand the conversations? :lepew:

To awnser your question, even on the Bella path you went to the Dinner at Nics house, after this MC and Nami went to the Victorya/Mila date via bus.

• Angry
Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Multiple game without finishing one? did you even saw the post ? the images at start before spoilers ?
All 5 stories are planned in the same universe and there are hints about them so obviously there's need to some planning beforehand.
he dreams big , I dream big too you dont?
You talked about MCU you must have understood what I want to say ?

he certainly tries his best and recently the result are kinda noticable
this chap 1 rework he created in a month . still why so late because of his PC taking time to render ,its difficult for DAZ to work with the amount of VRAM he currently have.
chapter 4 this beta did take long because of DND but now that it wont be comin in for a a good number of updates expect fast releases. I do , quite a lot of us do

changing software midway? nope he's currently learning the same and chap 10 end is still way long till that time there should be a good grip and a teammate too maybe

Zane universe in simple words like our universe he named his one as Zane universe in which all the 5 games/stories take place.
I only have 1 example right now if you know about MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
no supernatural thing , this arc is connected to his other game WIAB
He is reworking BOTH his ongoing games and both got a single update this year and the plot hasn't moved at all. Any sensible person would realize that its time to compromise and restructure the script/scope to more manageable sizes and not plan to over extend even more.

Hell, common sense would say put a game on hold until you can finish one, but he is stuck between a rock and a hard place, because of the backlash/lost patreons if he would do that. Don't even give me the bs with 'its because it helps with burnout'. What are you 10yo?! You know what would help with burnout? Taking the day off, instead of working on the 2nd game, but those are the sweet little lies he has to tell to appease the fetish babies.

Research a bit and tell me what you see all the big players in the genre have in common? Spoiler: its a finish product before moving to the next game, proving that they are professional and reliable. But as long as people run around whiteknighting for even the most idiotic ideas, by all means, Ocean should carry on cashing in, I am sure his universe will be finished in my grandchildren's lifespan.

I bet you people think that all big creators just lucked into their success and the fact that they delivered mostly on schedule, regular updates is just a big coincidence and working on 20 games at the same time and 'dreaming big' is the future of the business :HideThePain:

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
He is reworking BOTH his ongoing games and both got a single update this year and the plot hasn't moved at all. Any sensible person would realize that its time to compromise and restructure the script/scope to more manageable sizes and not plan to over extend even more.
Right you are. He's reworking both games and providing players with far better experiences while at it. Created them when he was new to AVNs and painfully inexperienced, got experience, acquired skills, and used said skills to improve his product and everyone loves his product because of it. The plot's moved forward every single update, so in regards to that, either you weren't paying attention or you did not care much for the story to begin with. Not because the plot isn't being addressed in big bold letters does it mean that it isn't being expanded on. Ocean's using a very common writing technique when formulating a story with many interconnecting subplots. The plot has progressed at a fine rate given the projected length of this project. A little observation would go a long way for other players with this problem.
Hell, common sense would say put a game on hold until you can finish one, but he is stuck between a rock and a hard place, because of the backlash/lost patreons if he would do that. Don't even give me the bs with 'its because it helps with burnout'. What are you 10yo?! You know what would help with burnout? Taking the day off, instead of working on the 2nd game, but those are the sweet little lies he has to tell to appease the fetish babies.
I'm actually in favor of putting one game on hold. Summer's Gone would be released every 2-3 months(estimating) and the story would be much further along(to the joy of its fans). However, do not try to frame Oceans negatively with this viewpoint. I'm in favor of putting WIAB on hold to focus on SG, but what can any of us do about it aside from A) Leaving the community in order to find something worthy of our attention or B) Joining the community and supporting the game in a way that's comfortable for us in order to achieve a favorable outcome? You're saying nothing that hasn't already been said here a million times before. I get where you're coming from, but framing Oceanlabs in such a negative light will not do anything. Do you think Oceans or his supporters(the SG community in this case) will be more willing to listen to you if you do?
Research a bit and tell me what you see all the big players in the genre have in common? Spoiler: its a finish product before moving to the next game, proving that they are professional and reliable. But as long as people run around whiteknighting for even the most idiotic ideas, by all means, Ocean should carry on cashing in, I am sure his universe will be finished in my grandchildren's lifespan.
We all get that. Nothing that hasn't already been brought up before. From a business standpoint, it's the most sensible route to take. Oceanlabs, however, is more focused on the artistic aspect of these novels(in regards to creating and publishing their stories). As a writer myself, I empathize with him. Putting WIAB on hold can cause all sorts of problems creatively, but sacrifices must be made to achieve success(personally, I'd suggest writing down all relevant ideas, dialogue, etc. but I know next to nothing about developing an AVN so I cannot really give any creative advice there). It's all up to him at the end of the day. Nothing any of us can do aside from either leaving in frustration or staying in support. Staying and spreading negativity is not the way to go, and this is for everyone that holds such thoughts.
I bet you people think that all big creators just lucked into their success and the fact that they delivered mostly on schedule, regular updates is just a big coincidence and working on 20 games at the same time and 'dreaming big' is the future of the business :HideThePain:
Nope. Creatively, Ocean's only competition are BaD, COBD, and ORS. Eternum, Artemis and KG if we're including every AVN on F95. Business-wise(everything having to do with the support of the overall product)? Most of these devs blow him out of the water in that aspect. However, he's working on it. He's improving. He sees and acknowledges the flaws in this setup and is working hard to find ways to make up for them. It's not like he's sitting on his butt and soaking up the little funds he's receiving from patreon just because. But the way your post is set up, you'd think that's exactly what he was doing. Anyway, you have three options now that you have all this information. You can:
  • Leave the SG forum to find something worth your time and attention
  • Join the SG community and support Oceans... at least somewhat respectfully
  • Stay and aggressively criticize the development process and the developer's thought process
Personally, I'd have chosen the first option if I'd felt the way you did about SG :giggle:

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I have a rather skeptical attitude towards Ocean, despite the fact that I like its games.
He's great as an artist, his perfectionism commands respect, but I think he's a new version of Icstor.
He recently announced that he plans to release 5 games across the universe Summer is gone :WaitWhat:. And here we turn on the math: Chapter 1 Summer is gone - a year. He plans 30 chapters for this game :KEK: Even if he releases two updates a year, there will be 13 years left before the game ends! :FacePalm:And he's still planning 5 games.

And that's why the game is starting to remind me more and more of Star Citizen.:HideThePain: The summer is gone, it will never be finished, this project was created to pull money from the patrons :WeSmart: (he himself constantly complains that he lacks the power of iron and blah blah blah. Who else besides him is whining like that? He just begs for money from patrons to upgrade hardware, for utility bills :FacePalm:)

Everyone understands that this will go on forever, we will never see the end. It's just a classic infobusiness. He trades in expectation, and gives us small demo chapters.:PogChamp:

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
uhh... why are we talking about Discord comments from two years ago?
1. it's been two years. shit changes
2. 30 chapters, five games, huge scenes with lots of characters. I see all that as something that would happen in a perfect world where Daz doesn't choke on big scenes, you don't have to sculpt boobs manually to imitate gravity, dForce doesn't explode clothes, you have enough hardware and don't have to deal with RL bullshit like having to eat, sleep or pay bills. when you start and have no idea what issues you will run into, it's easy to overpromise because it all seems doable in a couple of years and no one would follow you if you say "this game will take somewhere between 1 and 15 years to do it the way I want"

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
... and gives us small demo chapters.:PogChamp:
I won't replay to the rest as this was already done and 1. it is something of a personal view thing, be sceptic all you want and 2. I am kind of tired to always have to repeat the same sermon again and again, but... sorry this is BS.
The last update was definately not a "small demo chapter", even if many didn't embrace the RPG evening part, which was about 1/3 of the update.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
uhh... why are we talking about Discord comments from two years ago?
1. it's been two years. shit changes
2. 30 chapters, five games, huge scenes with lots of characters. I see all that as something that would happen in a perfect world where Daz doesn't choke on big scenes, you don't have to sculpt boobs manually to imitate gravity, dForce doesn't explode clothes, you have enough hardware and don't have to deal with RL bullshit like having to eat, sleep or pay bills. when you start and have no idea what issues you will run into, it's easy to overpromise because it all seems doable in a couple of years and no one would follow you if you say "this game will take somewhere between 1 and 15 years to do it the way I want"
It's even funny for me to comment on it. The dude says that he will switch to a blender. If you've worked in a blender, you know that unlike DAZ, it doesn't have such a large library of assets and it will create almost everything manually. Blender is a full-fledged 3D program, it is designed for modeling, sculpting, texturing, mounting and so on. I do not know how he will work in a blender, but knowing him, he will definitely not create loly poly models, he will swing at mid poly models and then... Guys, it will take several hours to create one mid poly model according to the drawings. And now imagine that the whole game consists of such models. :KEK: :KEK:
It's very funny to me. Blender is another trick from Ocean to pull money from you for doing nothing. :KEK:I hope he doesn't force you to pay for his utilities so that he just gives 10 minutes of content.:KEK:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
It's even funny for me to comment on it. The dude says that he will switch to a blender. If you've worked in a blender, you know that unlike DAZ, it doesn't have such a large library of assets and it will create almost everything manually. Blender is a full-fledged 3D program, it is designed for modeling, sculpting, texturing, mounting and so on. I do not know how he will work in a blender, but knowing him, he will definitely not create loly poly models, he will swing at mid poly models and then... Guys, it will take several hours to create one mid poly model according to the drawings. And now imagine that the whole game consists of such models. :KEK: :KEK:
It's very funny to me. Blender is another trick from Ocean to pull money from you for doing nothing. :KEK:I hope he doesn't force you to pay for his utilities so that he just gives 10 minutes of content.:KEK:
:FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:

If only there was some ... I don't know.... tool to convert DAZ to Blender

It could save Ocean from the excruciating horrible torture you suggest.

Such a shame nothing like that exists :FacePalm: (/s)

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
... Guys, it will take several hours to create one mid poly model according to the drawings. And now imagine that the whole game consists of such models. :KEK: :KEK:
This doesn't really fit with

... Blender is another trick from Ocean to pull money from you for doing nothing. :KEK:I hope he doesn't force you to pay for his utilities so that he just gives 10 minutes of content.:KEK:

So what is it? Ocean doing nothing. Ocean taking hours to create on mid poly model? Something in between?

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
This doesn't really fit with

So what is it? Ocean doing nothing. Ocean taking hours to create on mid poly model? Something in between?
Just don't tell me that it takes a few minutes to create a mid poly model by UV. First you model (well, how you model, you pull up the vertexs along the sweep, you do all sorts of banal operations like extrude there), you do UV mapping, then you do baking and texturing in substance painter. Of course, if you have been doing 3D graphics in a blender for a long time, you may spend about half an hour on one model, but Ocean has never worked in a blender.

4.40 star(s) 500 Votes