May 21, 2021
But yeah why hate Ocean? Cause he made just a great game (and awesome chapter 4) but now i have to wait again a long time cause he works on WIAB too...
I'd really like to know the reason(s) behind this decision. I may be wrong but the way I see it if he'd concentrate on SG alone the updates would come faster, he would then gain more patrons for sure and thus more money for more/better equipment, beneficial to both WiAB and SG. But maybe he's planning on having them interconnect at some point and that might be why... I dunno.

Reactions: Fortuna ღ

Painboy

Dec 2, 2017
I almost forgot about the game, too bad updates takes this long between the two games. Still, a welcome surprise since it's another good update. The board game part felt a bit filler-ish to me at first but I guess combined with the Devil's Heart Cards it will be a convenient plot-device to have some early sex scenes without the story "rushing" towards the MC loosing his virginity (I can do without seeing the sentinel's tits again tho ;)).

DubTru

Jan 8, 2022
Will give this a go, loved Where It All Began (was that ever completed?) so I'll hope we have some content in this story should be good.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Summer's Gone - MultiMod Edition
View attachment 1946210

Go get you some.
( simply click on the banner pic above )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Temporary Note: Yes, I know it's not linked in the OP. Some of you know why. If you want it there then put in a request.
SanchoMod Go get you some.

Good afternoon. Just a shameless plug since the mod is not listed in the OP.

Regards and be well.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I'd really like to know the reason(s) behind this decision. I may be wrong but the way I see it if he'd concentrate on SG alone the updates would come faster, he would then gain more patrons for sure and thus more money for more/better equipment, beneficial to both WiAB and SG. But maybe he's planning on having them interconnect at some point and that might be why... I dunno.
Nah cant imagine that those two games will ever be "merged" or something. They are so different in just everything, besides renderquality.

MAYBE some characters from one game will have a cameo in the other for a short notice... to show that its the same universe (like Melody, DmD, Sunshine Love for example) but i dont think so... wouldnt add anything to the games.

Why Ocean decided to develop both games at the same time? Well i would say... they startet with WIAB, i played the "old" version once, wasnt my thing... than i stumbled over SG and wondered how it can be that the quality is so different... obviously they improved a lot in making renders/animations/cinematics And they startet to remake WIAB completely. To bring it up to the level of SG in technically quality so to speak...

They never intented do drop one game over the other. And i think it has something to do with "not getting bored" it can be very exhausting to write just von VN for many years... Most DEVs just quit at some point, or dont have any ideas anymore. Or are going over to just milk the patreon site with making wallpapers and rather small updates with nearly no progress at all, cause they dont know how to progress their game, have no ideas to finsih it, and no ideas to start a new one... dont know why so many patreons stay behind these DEVs. But well, thats another story...

So i think Ocean makes both games at the same time to stay "inspired" cause both games are so different. The remake of WIAB was necessary cause the "old" game was kinda a mess at some point and the render quality was way behind SG... and i think they want to use the same software and so on for both games to make it easier to create content for both.

and we should not forget... Oceanlab is NOT a one-man-show as far as i know that was the case at the start of WIAB but not anymore.

I think too that if they would focus on one game, to make faster and bigger updates for it, it would lead to more supporters... but maybe not? Maybe its a good strategy too to deliver to very different games to widen the "target group" i dont know.

Maybe they are just to fond of the two games and cant let one go for the other.

Let me say it like this... if the quality of storytelling and overall quality stays high like this, and we at least get an SG update every 7-8 months... well i can live with that.

Just one thing... MAYBE it would be agood idead to cut the fantasy board game sessions way shorter... it was really nice and well made, but lets face it... it was the major part of chapter 4, and i think most people dont care about that, they want content with the actual real characters ^^

In some other games there were some parts like this too, but were a lot shorter, it a nice distraction, and iam fine with it... but not that long please. Was to time consuming.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Will give this a go, loved Where It All Began (was that ever completed?) so I'll hope we have some content in this story should be good.
It was restarted a while ago, complete rework and new aproach. Will get another update soon...

ITs still not my thing, but overall i like it more that the old one.

WIAB and SG will be developed at the same time.

Reactions: DubTru and `Ray`

GeladoFeitan

May 18, 2017
So the chapter 3 will not have a remake? i think there some scenes from chapter 3 have the old college stuff(when bella as seeing MC hurt after fighting with sai)

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
In other news... I really wonder how Chapter 2 is going to be reworked. Everything from Bella's breakdown to Mila's bullying. I wonder how these are all going to be changed. Not to mention Bella and MC breaking into The Holgerson's house and committing theft and vandalism(basically starting their subplot). A lot more things happened in Chapter 2 compared to Chapter 1, so I hope it doesn't take too long to rework it all.

More specifically, I wonder how this scene will play out in the rework. To those on mobile... don't open this spoilerღ

Last edited:

nosleepx

Aug 5, 2018
I love this game, so far it's one of my most favorite games on here but I feel it could use some more spicy scenes, I think the most sexual scene so far has only been the jacuzzi. I don't think it should turn into just full blown sex scenes every second, there's so many hot characters and has awesome story telling but there are so many moments where at least something (sexual in nature) could have been added, that it feels like a shame that you aren't getting to do literally anything at all, with any of them.

Can't wait for the next chapter, hope it will be a little bit more spicy.

Last edited:

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
In other news... I really wonder how Chapter 2 is going to be reworked. Everything from Bella's breakdown to Mila's bullying. I wonder how these are all going to be changed. Not to mention Bella and MC breaking into The Holgerson's house and committing theft and vandalism(basically starting their subplot). A lot more things happened in Chapter 2 compared to Chapter 1, so I hope it doesn't take too long to rework it all.

More specifically, I wonder how this scene will play out in the rework.
Bella's breakdown probably doesn't change a lot, only upgrade Bella and the room but the rest is perfect, and Mila's bullying can be just her and the MC talking outside the cafeteria. My problem is with Victoria. She was a happy crazy girl in chapter 1 and 2 and now in the rework is... realistically normal. I prefer that, of course, old Victoria cringe me a lot, but now is practically a different character, and she needs more work than any of the others FMC in the game. I'm sure Oceans has thought about it and that's why chapter 4.5 and the rework of chapter 2 are coming together, but I'm worry 'cause Victoria can be the most important girl for the MC (not counting Nami), probably because Summer was the other side of the coin, a fatal accident instead, that's why the MC help her in the rehabilitation clinic and why she is the girl Oceans chose to have the same eraser than Summer, but just now is only a hot girl in a game with a lot of hot supermodel girls.

Balfurusse

Jun 23, 2018
I dont know about you guys, but i sur liked to see Sasha and Zara romancable... So far i didnt get the difference between Dark and Light side... Will it comes later?

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes