yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Okay guys, i'm leaving my home and pc for 1 year, hope when i'll come back there will be chapter 8 at least..
Make that 10 years to raise the chances
[...] it's just not possible that it will ever be completed, sadly.
I can understand and totaly agree with the desire for more frequent updates, but why do you guys want this show to end? Everybody blaming the developer for his "unrealistic" plan of 30 episodes and thus not being able to complete the game in a reasonable amount of time, but to me that means he has a lot in store to keep us entertained for a long time to come.
Let's say, the Acting Lessons and Leap of Faith are great games but they've already been completed. Would you play it again after you completed all the routes and know that there will be no further development of the plot? Didn't you feel that their ending was a bit artificial, so many story arcs were just cut off, so many characters were left undeveloped.
For me the SG is an ongoing show I like to watch occasionly.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
The game gets about 1 chapter a year and 30 are planned, do you really believe someone could work on a VN for another 26+ years?
All I, and really anyone else can say... is that he managed to release 2 updates this year. That's a huge improvement from what it was previously. Before this update, it took an entire year to release something. I feel like if he were to put WIAB on hold, he'd be far more efficient, but sadly... that's one hill he's willing to die on. So what can we really do about it? My view is that if he'd focused on SG, we would have gotten updates every 4 months(at most), or every 2.5 months(at least). This is when you look at how much time he actually spends developing each update(he alternates between SG and WIAB). SG probably would've been more popular and more profitable, he'd have had more patrons(because of how he seemingly delivers on his projects), etc. I'd hate to see this game take a negative turn at any point in the future... but in order to move forward, some sacrifices have to be made.
he likes to rework stuff too, his project are too ambitious man. I love his work but its just doesn't feel realistic for him to finish any project at this rate
Had the same thoughts. I think the best solution to this would be to release parts in smaller packages. Like every 5 episodes = a part or something. It's 10 episodes right now(because 10 episodes = 1 season), but unless the episodes start coming out faster, I think he should make the parts smaller. I mean he can always change things later on, but this is just my personal view on thatღ

Edit: I think he's already doing the part thing with Steam. So that's a plusღ

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Exactly in 5 years from now this is going to be outdated visually and he's going to wanna update it all again and the cycle continues, same for his other game.
I'm not convinced about that, the visuals seem to be at the limit right now, very few games come close to it. If you look at the majority of games on here their visuals are still at the level (or lower) than the chapters Ocean is reworking. I'd say there's only 3 or 4 devs who could achieve the level of Ocean's visuals and as they're (understandably due to quality level) pretty slow with the updates I don't think even they will surpass Ocean enough for another rework.

fluxxd1

May 5, 2020
I'm not convinced about that, the visuals seem to be at the limit right now, very few games come close to it. If you look at the majority of games on here their visuals are still at the level (or lower) than the chapters Ocean is reworking. I'd say there's only 3 or 4 devs who could achieve the level of Ocean's visuals and as they're (understandably due to quality level) pretty slow with the updates I don't think even they will surpass Ocean enough for another rework.
i agree with this, in 5 years the average dev probaly wont even be at Oceans current level

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes