Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Do you like Mass Effect: Andromeda?
Mass Effect Andromeda is a decent Sci-Fi game but a bad Mass Effect game.

And in my opinion, the open-world pretty much killed it.
For a story-heavy game like Mass Effect, you need a clear line of action.
If they had handled it like in the original Mass Effect series, then the game would have been much better in terms of story-flow and the amount of story-content.

In ME1 - ME3 you constantly had a purpose. Chasing Saren, going after the Collectors, and beating the reapers.

I didn't have that feeling in ME4 and I sometimes forgot why I was even here.

And the biggest flaw of ME4:

The characters. I can't remember a single name.
While in the older games I loved everyone, except Jakob. He kinda fell off.

A man of culture. Dragon Age not in there because you're not that much into fantasy?
I love fantasy.

But for some reason, I never really got warm with Dragon Age Origins.
I love Dragon Age 2 and the story around Hawke even tho DA2 has many flaws, I loved it.

I haven't finished DAI yet.

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019

And in my opinion, the open-world pretty much killed it.
For a story-heavy game like Mass Effect, you need a clear line of action.
If they had handled it like in the original Mass Effect series, then the game would have been much better in terms of story-flow and the amount of story-content.

In ME1 - ME3 you constantly had a purpose. Chasing Saren, going after the Collectors, and beating the reapers.

I didn't have that feeling in ME4 and I sometimes forgot why I was even here.

While in the older games I loved everyone, except Jakob. He kinda fell off.

I love fantasy.

But for some reason, I never really got warm with Dragon Age Origins.
I love Dragon Age 2 and the story around Hawke even tho DA2 has many flaws, I loved it.

I haven't finished DAI yet.
u should finish DAI but find a build u have fun with u can play any build for the most part with your companions but its fun for the first playthrough maybe a 2nd one but for me after that even though its been years since i cant bring myself to replay it i find it boring now that i know how it ends

Meryl

Dec 17, 2019

Second biggest flaw of ME4:

Those god-awful animations... granted they did patch that up but what the hell were they thinking?

Reactions: mojococo

playboydx

Apr 27, 2017
Appreciate all the hard work, and I believe this is one of the best projects here. But I'm not a fan of a developer with limited resources working on two projects simultaneously. An entire year between updates is insane. I've played the other game too, and while I didn't play all of it, based on my experience, the gap in quality was huge. I wish the developer prioritizes this project instead, its the much better game.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Kinda? It is that way! I loved Summer’s Gone when I first found it but with an update a year/every 6 months it’s going to take a decade or three to complete. I’m a fairly patient gamer but that’s a devotion I can not give to any game no matter how well made. Add in Ocean’s perfectionism (which is why everything looks so amazing) and I expect a revamp every few years. Just wish Ocean could divest himself of one of these games and focus but I don’t see that happening.
I honestly don't know if anyone could work on the same game/games for 10+ years so IMO they will eventually be abandoned.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Oh for dear God everyone. Been an odd year...Ocean had some issues...lost a GPU amongst other things. He now has each game on a separate machine...updates should be forthcoming more regularly now going forward. SG is due an update imminently....and then WIAB can get it's reworked finished. Ocean sitll active here....everything is back on track and moving forward.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
I honestly don't know if anyone could work on the same game/games for 10+ years so IMO they will eventually be abandoned.
I believe updates in the future will be a bit more frequent. If you look through the thread a bit, you can find the reasoning behind the long, slow development process we've seen so far. Someone can correct me if I miss something, but he's not the original developer of this game, he was reworking his other game, and there have been technical hurdles. Things should pick up from here moving forward, that is if he sticks to his word.

Reactions: Game Bond

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
And what do you consider “regular”? What would be regular for Ocean? Most games on this site are on a 3-4 month development cycle. However, Ocean is a perfectionist who delays releases until he gets it right, knowing that will he really be able to put out an update every 3 months? With two games that still means it will be 6 months between updates for the individual games if he alternates releases. Just one of these games is expected to have 33 parts/updates/chapters so, without anymore revamps or delays, that’s over a decade to get all of it out.
I just don’t see Ocean releasing on a faster timetable than that. I love Summer’s Gone but I’m not going to believe that the updates will come any faster than they currently are or that the game will be finished until Ocean can actually deliver in a quicker and more consistent manner.
I get where you are coming from, but we'll just have to wait and see if he can actually stick to his new plan. Until then however, we can't really say for certain on whether he can or can't follow through. Personally, I think he can, especially because the updates are going to be smaller scale.

Reactions: MrFriendly

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I get where you are coming from, but we'll just have to wait and see if he can actually stick to his new plan. Until then however, we can't really say for certain on whether he can or can't follow through. Personally, I think he can, especially because the updates are going to be smaller scale.
I don't know how smaller scale updates will make the games be completed quicker..

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
I don't know how smaller scale updates will make the games be completed quicker..
I never spoke on the time it would take for the games to be completed. Only on if the shortening of time between updates is feasible. Which if the updates are on a smaller scale, i believe it is. But I do think you make a fair point nonetheless, i would imagine the smaller updates wouldn't help in regards to the two games getting finished sooner.

Reactions: MrFriendly
Jul 23, 2017
This game has soo much potential and really deserves more patrons but unless he's going to update it atleast twice or thrice an year, he won't be getting new patrons, unless they are really hardcore fans. Most people aren't going to wait an year for an update
I tend to agree. The games I have supported are the games that have a release every month, so even though I like Ocean's two games and games like BADIK, A:EA, Intertwined etc far more and think they technically deserve my support more for the better product, the sole reason I support other games/devs is just to get access to monthly updates.

Reactions: tombeir

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
This game has soo much potential and really deserves more patrons but unless he's going to update it atleast twice or thrice an year, he won't be getting new patrons, unless they are really hardcore fans. Most people aren't going to wait an year for an update
if update going to be twice or thrice a year, it better be a massive update or bite sized updates every month.

Reactions: tombeir
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes