Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
What if the dev's hard drive dies and all the backups too and he has to start from scratch
If my hardrives + my two paid backup systems fail, I would probably kill myself.

Or move to Thailand and open up a surfing-school.

Apologies for being impatient but any update on progress?

Last cinematic is rendering and I am doing the postwork and yeah, doing postwork for 1800 renders takes a while.
Even if every image only takes 5 minutes, we are still looking at 150h of postwork. (Doing post on the PC with the dead GPU.)

Sadly, I cannot do this simultaneously with the main rendering because the Adobe software uses so much Vram.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
If my hardrives + my two paid backup systems fail, I would probably kill myself.

Or move to Thailand and open up a surfing-school.

Last cinematic is rendering and I am doing the postwork and yeah, doing postwork for 1800 renders takes a while.
Even if every image only takes 5 minutes, we are still looking at 150h of postwork. (Doing post on the PC with the dead GPU.)

Sadly, I cannot do this simultaneously with the main rendering because the Adobe software uses so much Vram.
so it seems as the update will be around mid January, or so, if there are no additional drawbacks:unsure:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
so it seems as the update will be around mid January, or so, if there are no additional drawbacks:unsure:
Well screw the graphic card issue that happened...or we already would have had the game by November. Such situations are out of control so yeah... atleast we've got cyberpunk 2077 and attack on titan S4 to keep ourselves occupied I guess.
Thanks Ocean for being transparent with us.

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
I'm so sorry for the delay, but honestly I expected it, not only does Ocean carry out two very complex projects, both graphics and writing, but he also had to rework both, change characters and maybe even pieces of plot. In addition, he also had technical problems. So basically you just have to be patient, we have a talented developer who also has an open relationship with the fan base, it's just to be appreciated. I wish you happy holidays and good work Oceanlab .

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
Great storytelling, bravo to that.
The art is nice as well.
I hope other NPCs will be involved seriously (like the asian, mom, the rich girl's mom and ...)
what bugs me is that the sister's name is NAMI and so as mine :eek: butfor that i have to blame my parents ;)

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
Mass Effect 1-3 is my favorite game series next to Kotor. So there are a lot of game-references in SG and WiAB.

And let's be honest, Sovereign is just such a badass. - full homo
Do you like Mass Effect: Andromeda?

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Chapter 2 came out on December 31st last year. Let's hope it comes before that or it will be more than an year without any update...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Game Bond

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
Mass Effect 1-3 is my favorite game series next to Kotor. So there are a lot of game-references in SG and WiAB.

And let's be honest, Sovereign is just such a badass. - full homo
A man of culture. Dragon Age not in there because you're not that much into fantasy?

Who does really??!!
I do. It's a solid game with great combat and class customisability. The story is ok enough. What really hurt it were the way overboard reactions on launch and it being labeled Mass Effect. If it just was a sci-fi game it would've been fine.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes