Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Hi! That depends, "von" is the most common "Adelsprädikat" among some others like "zu". It can show royalty, but it is a general nobility marker.
From Ritter (Knight) upwards. Next are the Barons, which are rarely called this in Germany, Barons are typically called Freiherr/Freifrau/Freiin instead of Baron/Baroness. Then we have the Graf/Gräfin (Count/Countess) with several subdivisions such as Pfalzgraf. Next up are the Markgraf/Markgräfin (Margrave/Marquess), then the Herzog/Herzogin (Duke/Duchess). The Herzöge too have subdivisions (practically all other ranks too, this is just an overview), like Großherzog (Grand Duke) or Erzherzog (Archduke). A special branch is the Fürst/Fürstin which is called Prince/Princess in English, which is a fitting translation, but the nobility ranking differs between German and English ranking here. Then we have the Prinz/Prinzessin (Prince/Princess), the König/Königin (King/Queen) and finally the Kaiser/Kaiserin (Emperor/Empress).
Without Bella´s family rank making it clear, much is possible. I do not think her family to be among the uppermost ranks, because nearly all high nobility families are quite wellknown by name and she would be living in Germany or at least would return to Germany one day. Because if you are "old Blue", that is not in question. Even among the lower ranks this is the usual way. It might even become a topic in the story, if Bella is from old nobility.
Thank you for all the details. We have a similar hierarchy in France, except that there are no grand dukes nor archdukes, only dukes.

I've checked the script, there are a few places where Her Grace Bella is called "van Halen".

wejouh

Oct 2, 2018
Hey guys, I've built a Mac version from the PC zip with Renpy 8.0.3, but I get this error message when I try to open the app:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any idea how to correct this?
If anyone comes across the same error, just launch the project from Renpy and it'll play without a hitch. I honestly don't know why did I bother with building distributions all this time when I could've just play like this.

Anyway, regarding the update: it's great!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A question to you all regarding the ending: Did Bella show up with a smile only to the ones on her route, or did she do it regardless? Like in a friendly way? I'm curious but I just can't not go with her if I play the game again, so I'll never know playing the game lol.
I guess the mid-update cutscene is different then and she's not crying into MC's leftover clothes. Or is she..?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
THe thing about relationships: you need to do stuff and hang aroudn people.
She does the things she feels work in having MC stick to her,
as opposed to go hang around some other breads house, per example.
The copious amounts of alcohol they've had would contribute...
That is the perrrRRrrrfect excuse for what are actually very tame kisses for the gang of MC

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
That is the perrrRRrrrfect excuse for what are actually very tame kisses for the gang of MC
Tame my ass lol, if you had a crush or would be in a relationship with one of those people you probably wouldn't be ok with it. But maybe she is a cuck queen. I also want to say that I am not sexist and don't see lesbian sexuality as less valid, for me Nami making out with Vic is the same as if she made out with another dude.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Thank you for all the details. We have a similar hierarchy in France, except that there are no grand dukes nor archdukes, only dukes.

I've checked the script, there are a few places where Her Grace Bella is called "van Halen".
No problem, glad to be of help. My post above has the nobility ranking compressed, there is alot of stuff more to it. For example, in Germany the Markgrafen are closer in rank to the Dukes than to other counts (they are more or less Dukes), since Markgraf was the designation of the ruler of a border or special region.
Interesting that in France there are only Dukes!

As for the script, I think "van" is a writing mistake if the majority has Bella with "von Halen". As mentioned before, it would even be an interesting point for Bella as a character if she is from old nobility, no matter how high in rank.

tutude

Feb 5, 2021
A new character got my attention at the restaurant

A gorgeous brunette several times look at MC and seems a bit startled or curious about him
She looks like a younger version of Leia

Any idea or theory about???

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
4 years and not even a handjob in this game?
damn:WutFace:
I love a good story BUT DAMN i think Dev forgot what site he's on. There needs to be a balance. Sure I want a good story but i want some action as well. if i just wanted a story i'd just read a comic.

Reactions: hunt005
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes