Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I also thought that "van" was a typo. Ocean might have have been dreaming of the comet.
Maybe "Jump" was on the radio, when Ocean wrote that part of the script...:);)

Well, there's a hierarchy between them. For instance some of them, but not all, are "pairs de France", which gave them the right to sit in the Parliament, like Roman patricians had the right to sit in the Senate. If I remember well the rank of archduke was created by an Austrian emperor, and it didn't spread to France, since relationships between the kingdom of France and the Empire never were very good (after the reign of Carolus Magnus). It must be a similar story for the rank of grand duke.
Yes, the time of Karl der Große was quite a while back, "just" over 1200 years. While the bad relationship between "East and West Frankia" for most of the time since then has surely played a role that some nobility ranks never spread, I think the later massive centralisation of France also played a role. Even back at the time of the Stem Duchies which would become the HRE/German Empire, there were ranking structures for the nobility.

It might be a reason why it's a huge problem for her to fall in love with a commoner :) . But sometimes, if you kiss a toad, a prince suddenly appears.
It could even be an "addon" to the woes of Amber. Remember Bella said she was the worst thing which could happen to her Mom. While every noble (and commoner) family has their black sheep, many of them do not want to be so.
As for falling for a commoner can go both ways. The really old noble families are comparatively relaxed on many things, more than younger ones or those who have to represent, esp. the mainlines.
If, just as a theory, Bella is in line for the title, this might be one additional reason why the only "throuple" possible with her is Nami. For instance, taking Ayua (bestie) and Nami (sis-in-law) with them back to the old country would be very unproblematic.

Reactions: Udayana

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
A Greek (christian) author wrote (I'm sorry, I forget whom he is): Beauty is all what God left behind him in this valley of tears. Beauty is a benediction.
It reminds me of an anecdote (related by another Greek author whose name I also forget).
A young and an old monk walked in the streets of Constantinople. They met a beautiful woman, and the old monk started weaping. Puzzled, the young monk talked to their senior. Who replied: "This monk must be close to holiness".

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: soprano31

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
So, did Summer ever come back or is she still gone? ‍♂
I truly hope she's dead and buried. Or forever missing as far as the MC is concerned. If she ever comes back, that will severely undermine the emotional trauma carried by him. If the MC is that messed up there has to be a very serious reason for it imo.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I truly hope she's dead and buried. Or forever missing as far as the MC is concerned. If she ever comes back, that will severely undermine the emotional trauma carried by him. If the MC is that messed up there as to be a very serious reason for it imo.
I kinda agree, it would also hinder all of the relationships built up with the girls... MC is obsessed with Summer so I can hardly imagine he wouldn't immediately go all out on her. Unless she is suddenly married or some shit.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
So, did Summer ever come back or is she still gone? ‍♂
I truly hope she's dead and buried. Or forever missing as far as the MC is concerned. If she ever comes back, that will severely undermine the emotional trauma carried by him. If the MC is that messed up there as to be a very serious reason for it imo.
That would be a real left-fielder or a first April update event! ;) I agree with some others that considering the funk the MC is in makes only sense if Summer is truly dead or missing with no chance of return.
Summer will be the Poochie of this VN:
1669492281150.png 1669492326289.png

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Yes, the time of Karl der Große was quite a while back, "just" over 1200 years. While the bad relationship between "East and West Frankia" for most of the time since then has surely played a role that some nobility ranks never spread, I think the later massive centralisation of France also played a role. Even back at the time of the Stem Duchies which would become the HRE/German Empire, there were ranking structures for the nobility.
You're right. The kings of France have killed the kingdom of France. Maybe "corruptio optimi pessima". Hluthawig received the celestial balm and it was destroyed. So, even if there are pretendants, they can't be kings.
Since the XIXth century (it's an invention of that time :) ) our ancestors are the Gauls. Being born in Lyons, I must have many more ancestors. Gauls, Romans, Huns, Germans, Italians, Spanyards...
It was about Frankia, which is more than Frankia.

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
Well I just played the new stuff from my old save, so I cannot say for sure. But could be that this part is removed and the reworked chapter 2 covers it, when it is released in 2 or 3 weeks.
Strange that you got your saves to work, I tried mine from the full version 4 but I kept getting the script error, roll back or ignore option which always just restarts the game from the beginning. So i just spam clicked my way through it as I did before since the saves didnt work then either. Still, no sequence for jeff collecting the MC for gym so the option to do weights without him are also gone. I kept going thinking the dev may have moved it to another day, which would also work, but so far nothing. So I wonder if its just me or maybe this beta is a bit screwed up and that sequence/script is not loading or is not being called as it should normally be?

Anyone else have this issue and can confirm?

Reactions: Pinsel
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes