John972

Apr 24, 2018
SG was planned to be 3 seasons of 10 episodes each.
Recently Ocean lowered the number of episodes per season to 5, for a total of 6 seasons but the total number of chapters haven't changed.
Thanks for the clarification. My confusion came from OceanLab's post from 23 Jan 2020 and my interpreting five chapters to a season.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway...see you all in around 15-20 years for the end of season 6 party : )

John972

Apr 24, 2018
arent you an optimist!:BootyTime:
In Life, one must always have something to look forward to, and something to put on a Bucket List... :D

Besides, even if we don't ultimately get there, delight and reflect one day on the marvelous journey Ocean will have taken us on. Worrying about the conclusion to SG now is like worrying in 1995 about how old you'd be when the millennium comes around.

Reactions: yossa999

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
SG was planned to be 3 seasons of 10 episodes each.
Recently Ocean lowered the number of episodes per season to 5, for a total of 6 seasons but the total number of chapters haven't changed.
The change in the way Summers Gone is organized came about due to Ocean's decision to do a Steam release. All the CH 1 & 2 rework (plus the continuity rework in CHs 3 & 3.5 and the music removal) is in support of creating a Summers Gone season 1 that is a highly polished AVN and quite ready for Steam (and now GOG) release.

I think it is a great call by Ocean and will introduce SG to a Huge Steam audience where it will be very well received.

I know I will be gifting it to a number of friends who have no interest in/knowledge of F95 but who would Love a great story like SG.

On Steam, Summers Gone will be able to shine as an Adult story with adult relationships.

There are many adults who will embrace SG and enjoy Ocean's storytelling and the way he does both world-building and relationship-building.

Think about the other special treats that Ocean will be adding to SG: the phone as well as Nami's Photo Book.

Those are going to be Great adds to an already rich and entertaining story.

I also appreciate how Ocean keeps us up to date on progress with his dev-logs.

There are too many developers who don't bother to give timely updates to their supporters on Patreon and SS, let alone periodic visits and updates to those who only come to F95 for SG.

We have a few months to go before we will get the CH 5 Beta but those dev logs and the 'who wore it better' contest he is having his Patreon and SS supporters vote on will help to keep me fully invested in SG while waiting for the next release.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
so at best summers gone will end in 2048 lol...
Ocean is telling a great story and this great story takes time.

We have Major world-building and many LI's, intricate back stories, mysteries and the Major origin story, Where It All Began, starting more than a generation ago (OceanVerse Time).

If you are going to complain that your free stuff is taking too long or you simply want to be critical of a creator who is unafraid of telling a grand story - no one is forcing you to stay on this thread.

Feel free to go elsewhere.

I, for one, will be here as long as Ocean want to tell great stories; I'll also be supporting him on SS and on Steam for just as long.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
... Well except maybe f'ckn aliens, but they are fictional even in the fictional world. ...
You sayin' that now. And maybe you got a point for yourself and many others, but people will start flocking to the game once the RPG participating LI's get tentacleraped by whatever lurkes in the dark space beyond.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You sayin' that now. And maybe you got a point for yourself and many others, but people will start flocking to the game once the RPG participating LI's get tentacleraped by whatever lurkes in the dark space beyond.
I thought we don’t do this here, for such things there is WIAB :)
In my childhood, I read a fantasy novel (kill me if I remember the title and author), something like an urban fantasy, where aliens were stealing from people their intangible life essence, which, most likely, can be called a soul. Technically, their human agents set up a network of relaxation or healing parlors where people were put to sleep using an alien technology. In this artificial dream, people would find themselves in their ideal imaginary world and live happily there, while their souls were slowly sucked out by an alien device and they soon died eventually of seemingly natural causes. Everything was fine, until one side effect began to appear - under certain conditions, elements of some people dreams began to seep into reality. if I remember correctly, the novel begins with MC watching the news that some unknown monster rats attacked a passenger on the subway. And a long investigation led him to the damn aliens.
That was the preamble:) My point is, aren't you afraid that this tabletop bullshit will seep into the main story and consume it completely, like in that novel I just mentioned? And nothing will remain but the harem and the NTR. I'm telling you, f'ckn aliens can't be trusted!

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
That was the preamble:) My point is, aren't you afraid that this tabletop bullshit will seep into the main story and consume it completely, like in that novel I just mentioned? And nothing will remain but the harem and the NTR. I'm telling you, f'ckn aliens can't be trusted!
I don't know man that BBL & boobjob alien with the vagina nostrils seemed pretty trustworthy to me.

4.40 star(s) 493 Votes