Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

isseii

Feb 18, 2019
I tried to look into it a bit (I even installed the Android version and followed the mod installation instructions). I was not able to make it work either. I tried to see how Lain does it with his mod, but he provides a single RPA file instead of what I provide. I made an RPA but this did not work either, even not on PC, which apparently was because of load sequence. I changed that on PC and it worked, but I am not able to do the same on Android.

So, at the end, I fear a specific Android build has to be made to make it work, or the mod would have to be completely re-written. Neither seems to be an option so far :(
Well, thank you for your hardwork! Hopefully we can find another way to work it out.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Hey srksrk 68 Is it possible to make the performance of the modded game better?
After playing the game for some time with this mod & incest mod from op of original thread - loading of locations and interactive objects can take up to 10 seconds :eek: The game is awesome but to play it like this is kinda REALLY IRRITATING :mad:
I don't have problems like this in any of more then 100 Ren'Py games i've played.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey srksrk 68 Is it possible to make the performance of the modded game better?
After playing the game for some time with this mod & incest mod from op of original thread - loading of locations and interactive objects can take up to 10 seconds :eek: The game is awesome but to play it like this is kinda REALLY IRRITATING :mad:
I don't have problems like this in any of more then 100 Ren'Py games i've played.
Do you have an example of what is especially slow? Is it slower with the mods installed, or as well without? The only thing I find too slow is starting up the game, and leaving the game when a savegame is loaded -- takes ten seconds for me. However, it's fast once loaded.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I really hope that in the future Lain's Mod and Naughty Mod will be compatible again.

Reactions: Kendra

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Do you have an example of what is especially slow? Is it slower with the mods installed, or as well without? The only thing I find too slow is starting up the game, and leaving the game when a savegame is loaded -- takes ten seconds for me. However, it's fast once loaded.
Yeah, strange, i've checked it on another weaker pc(clean game/ with incest mod/ with both incest and this mods) and there weren't those problems, all runs fast, even saving/loading...Got to check it more :unsure:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, strange, i've checked it on another weaker pc(clean game/ with incest mod/ with both incest and this mods) and there weren't those problems, all runs fast, even saving/loading...Got to check it more :unsure:
Maybe something is running in the background? Check with task manager. Your stronger PC is probably mining bitcoins for some very thankful fellows...

Other guess would be hardware failure.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I really hope that in the future Lain's Mod and Naughty Mod will be compatible again.
Unfortunately that's quite difficult while the game is still under development. Maybe in the future when it's more stable.

Reactions: Sothyr

Ashurr

Jun 21, 2018
I will wait until darkcookies introduces mod support. Maybe v0.20 or 0.21 will handle it better. In the meantime, I will play with mods on pc. Seems the best option so far.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I will wait until darkcookies introduces mod support. Maybe v0.20 or 0.21 will handle it better. In the meantime, I will play with mods on pc. Seems the best option so far.
I am not yet convinced of the so-to-be mod support. As far as I read it, this means that a supported mod (one using the interface they provide) needs to be written in a special way, mainly providing the modded functionality in physically different files from the original unmodded code. This sounds clean, but for a game in development this means that I would have to scan each file manually for coding changes from release to release.

Currently this is possible only because I modify the original files, and therefore can do an automated three-way source code comparison with WinMerge. I see which files and which lines they touched, and if my mod is touching the same file, I have to merge the new coding into it. Otherwise I can ignore the change.

Therefore this mod interface is only of use if game development is (at least nearly) finished.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Hey there again :)

I'm not sure it's from the mod or the original game, but while i was playing the game with mod version 2.0 i've found 2 bugs:

1) Threesome on the beach, on the fastest speed, when you're doing Bella and choosing "cum inside" option game jumps to the ending of this scene with all 3 girls on theie feet naked and talking. It works fine on the normal speed.

2) Sometimes when you're getting at mc's room at night the sequence of starting a new day is displaying(with mc dressing a t-shirt and so on).

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey there again :)

I'm not sure it's from the mod or the original game, but while i was playing the game with mod version 2.0 i've found 2 bugs:

1) Threesome on the beach, on the fastest speed, when you're doing Bella and choosing "cum inside" option game jumps to the ending of this scene with all 3 girls on theie feet naked and talking. It works fine on the normal speed.

2) Sometimes when you're getting at mc's room at night the sequence of starting a new day is displaying(with mc dressing a t-shirt and so on).
I tried to reproduce the first issue without "succes". Can you attach a savegame where this happens?

Edit: with Bella you mean Becca, I guess.

The second issue happens from time to time, I guess it has to do with MC sleeping elsewhere and events not triggering in the correct order. I would expect that happening in the unmodded game as well.

Last edited:

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
I tried to reproduce the first issue without "succes". Can you attach a savegame where this happens?
Yeah, in 2.1 my save from 2.0 loads with traceback error and jumps me to the beach at the evening(before the event starts). And the bug is not there anymore (y)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, in 2.1 my save from 2.0 loads with traceback error and jumps me to the beach at the evening(before the event starts). And the bug is not there anymore (y)
Maybe you used rollback too much, this game does not like it sometimes...

And updating a mod is also not stable sometimes. Best you save when in the main city map, close the game, install the new update and start again.

Reactions: Kendra

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
By any chance these lines would not be missing in the diane layeredimage

image diane_arm_a_hay_feeding_arm_shirtless:
Transform("diane_arm_a_hay_feeding_arm_shirtless1")
pause .4
Transform("diane_arm_a_hay_feeding_arm_shirtless2")
pause .8
repeat

Sans titre 24.png

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
By any chance these lines would not be missing in the diane layeredimage

pause .4
pause .8
repeat

View attachment 346280
Larry my friend, I simply do not understand what you want to say.

Is that a question, a bug report or simply a statement? Please be more specific.

If it's a bug report, please attach a savegame here so I can reproduce. I looked into diane\layeredimage.rpy and the lines you quote are there. My mod does not touch them. So what's the issue?

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Juste look a red text in screen ;)

Or i have a older layeredimage, that must be the case, so I'm sorry.

PS: I confirm, I just got back from recheck and the lines are not there.

You may be confused with this slingshot but it's the body that's missing on arms.

image diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless:
Transform("characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless1.png")
pause .4
Transform("characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless2.png")
pause .8
repeat

This lines is not there

pause .4
pause .8
repeat

Then yes i report a bug ^^
I don't have a save. I have skip mode the game to test my mod ^^^

Attach files diane layeredimage with lines

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Juste look a red text in screen ;)

Or i have a older layeredimage, that must be the case, so I'm sorry.

PS: I confirm, I just got back from recheck and the lines are not there.

You may be confused with this slingshot but it's the body that's missing on arms.

image diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless:
Transform("characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless1.png")
pause .4
Transform("characters/diane/layeredimage/diane_body_b_hay_feeding_shirtless2.png")
pause .8
repeat

This lines is not there

pause .4
pause .8
repeat

Then yes i report a bug ^^
I don't have a save. I have skip mode the game to test my mod ^^^

Attach files diane layeredimage with lines
You are right, missed that one. I corrected it and will release the fix in the next version. It's not game breaking.

Thanks for finding that ;)

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes