Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Great job
Next on list - voice acting for whole game by yourself!
I kid, I kid :p

But I've been wondering if it would be possible to use AI generated voices - (more sites than this one, just first one I found using google)
You can still tell it's not real but in few years I think it could be almost seamless (by that time SS might finally be finished :LOL:)
I for one always mute voice acting in adult games. Those voices almost never match the ones in my imagination. As long as you can - like everything in this fine mod - en-/disable them, that's fine, not sure if the effort is worth it though, because I know many users like me that simply don't like voices in AVNs.

That being said, thanks again for the mod skrskr68! (y)
In fact I have been thinking about something like the Wah Wah voice the adults have in Charlie Brown cartoons. Having some nearly matching samples it would be of no difficulty at all to integrate that into the alreading existing lip synchronized talking animation the mod already has. Problem is, even though I searched a long time, there are only a handful of such samples to be found in the whole net. There was a Wah Wah machine some years ago, but the link is long dead as well. So, not much of a chance...

Edit: I also normally mute everything in such games. But while making that addition, I surprisingly found it quite hot actually, And it's not just voices I added, also other naughty sounds. What surprised me most was that a scene gets a totally different flavor if you play it twice, once with the male and once the female part muted. In fact I am planning to add more different voices in the future, probably with an option to customize which girl gets which voice.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019
Hello! Was just wondering how to have sex with landlady/mom while she is sleeping AKA the cuddling scenes after doing the threesome event with Diane? Seems like am stuck at threesome only, and also wondering if threesome scene will still be available if Diane becomes pregnant? Thank you! :)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello! Was just wondering how to have sex with landlady/mom while she is sleeping AKA the cuddling scenes after doing the threesome event with Diane? Seems like am stuck at threesome only, and also wondering if threesome scene will still be available if Diane becomes pregnant? Thank you! :)
No need for double post. Especially since this is not mod related...

Apr 3, 2019
Hello, your mod adds the option to continue sex after first pop right? This is probably the sloppy second feature you mentioned in the first post? I noticed it with Josephine where you have an option to choose "enough or again". Was wondering how to unlock it with other girls like Debbie and Diane or is it just limited to some girls? If it is only limited to some girls, would just like to ask if you are planning to add this feature to other girls in the future. Thank you! :)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello, your mod adds the option to continue sex after first pop right? This is probably the sloppy second feature you mentioned in the first post? I noticed it with Josephine where you have an option to choose "enough or again". Was wondering how to unlock it with other girls like Debbie and Diane or is it just limited to some girls? If it is only limited to some girls, would just like to ask if you are planning to add this feature to other girls in the future. Thank you! :)
It's only for Josephine and Maria atm.

elpin

Dec 17, 2017
I can't get the pregnant Jenny sex scene. I understand I have to come to her at night and sneak into bed, but MC only says he shouldn't disturb her and that's it. Do I do something wrong?

Otherwise great work with the mod! I love it!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hentai0052

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I can't get the pregnant Jenny sex scene. I understand I have to come to her at night and sneak into bed, but MC only says he shouldn't disturb her and that's it. Do I do something wrong?

Otherwise great work with the mod! I love it!
That was a bug introduced with the new game version. Will upload a fix in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Fixed it.

Version 0.20.9-1.17:
  • Fixed not being able to sneak into pregnant Jenny's bed late at night.
  • Internal optimizations.
Have fun!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

just uploaded a fresh-up to version 1.18.

Version 0.20.9-1.18:
  • Removed some hard dependencies to the mod's own image definitions in order to make save files more compatible to the unmodded vanilla game in case the mod is uninstalled. This may require that the save was loaded with this mod version (1.18) and configuration parameter DISABLE_MOD = 1, and -- after some ingame passed -- saved at least once.
  • Added some forgotten sounds.
Enjoy!

ShaflaDetura

Dec 4, 2019
First of all sorry for asking this question.
I played the game halfway and tried to extract this mod into the game file name "<summertime saga\game". But it didnt show any changes, where did i do wrong?. Btw, my game is ver 20.9

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
First of all sorry for asking this question.
I played the game halfway and tried to extract this mod into the game file name "<summertime saga\game". But it didnt show any changes, where did i do wrong?. Btw, my game is ver 20.9
Are you sure you downloaded the mod and not just the optional content? The optional content just contains one folder "game_overrides" and needs the mod installed to work. The mod contains three folders and two files. Those go inside the <summertimesaga>/game folder. The optional content goes inside the <summertimesaga> folder, not inside the game folder inside the <summertimesaga> folder.

It's all described in the first post. If you follow the instructions *to the letter* it will work.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
If you follow the instructions *to the letter* it will work.
I've seen you pointing this out repeatedly. Can you - in layman's terms - explain why? For example why is it so important to start a clean install, play until you reach the map, save, then install your mod?
I mean, it's good that it works, but that'll also be a constant source for errors, because a great many players just download game & mod, unzip game, then unzip&copy mod and start it all up. Why does that work with all other games and mods, but not here?

I'm not trying to diss you, you know that, I've been in this thread for a while, I am genuinely curious.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've seen you pointing this out repeatedly. Can you - in layman's terms - explain why? For example why is it so important to start a clean install, play until you reach the map, save, then install your mod?
I mean, it's good that it works, but that'll also be a constant source for errors, because a great many players just download game & mod, unzip game, then unzip&copy mod and start it all up. Why does that work with all other games and mods, but not here?

I'm not trying to diss you, you know that, I've been in this thread for a while, I am genuinely curious.
Because if you follow the instructions to the letter, it definitly *will* work. On the other hand, there have been so many cases where people didn't bother to read rather follow the instructions and threw everything anywhere into the game folder, then came here and wondered why nothing worked. I also had some guys actually putting the mod into the folder *twice*, not just into the wrong place. Then there were those people who only reluctantly after servere questioning admitted that they used outdated mods together with this mod. Or outdated game versions.

Clean install is required sometimes when between mod versions one or more files were deleted. If they remain in the game folder, this is a source for strange errors. Of course, it is possible to maintain everything manually as it has to be, but doing so will definitly provoke errors.

The game itself as it is has some issues with save compatibility, and the official recommendation is to save only in the main town map or MC's bedroom. Saving while on other places does not *have* to cause errors, but it had in the past, so better safe than sorry. A saved game contains a pickled representation of any Ren'Py object in the store that is active at the time, and if one of those object was subject to change by the mod, it might become a problem. Also, if you save while in the middle of a quest or a dialog, and the very same quest or dialog was changed by the mod (or a new version of mod or game), you are in an undefined state and most likely get logical and even game breaking errors, even though the saves appear to be compatible and working. Such risks are minimized (not eliminated -- if you really want you can still break the game!) if you only save in those places.

This is also the reason why I put so many cross-checks into the mod which verify matching mod and game versions, the folder where the main mod files are located, and so on. Therefore, if you put the mod into the wrong folder, or a non-matching version, it will recognize and complain itself, if the game is still able to start. Since the OP simply did not get any message I strongly suspect that he did not install the mod at all.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Because if you follow the instructions to the letter, it definitly *will* work. On the other hand, there have been so many cases where people didn't bother to read rather follow the instructions and threw everything anywhere into the game folder, then came here and wondered why nothing worked. I also had some guys actually putting the mod into the folder *twice*, not just into the wrong place. Then there were those people who only reluctantly after servere questioning admitted that they used outdated mods together with this mod. Or outdated game versions.

Clean install is required sometimes when between mod versions one or more files were deleted. If they remain in the game folder, this is a source for strange errors. Of course, it is possible to maintain everything manually as it has to be, but doing so will definitly provoke errors.

The game itself as it is has some issues with save compatibility, and the official recommendation is to save only in the main town map or MC's bedroom. Saving while on other places does not *have* to cause errors, but it had in the past, so better safe than sorry. A saved game contains a pickled representation of any Ren'Py object in the store that is active at the time, and if one of those object was subject to change by the mod, it might become a problem. Also, if you save while in the middle of a quest or a dialog, and the very same quest or dialog was changed by the mod (or a new version of mod or game), you are in an undefined state and most likely get logical and even game breaking errors, even though the saves appear to be compatible and working. Such risks are minimized (not eliminated -- if you really want you can still break the game!) if you only save in those places.

This is also the reason why I put so many cross-checks into the mod which verify matching mod and game versions, the folder where the main mod files are located, and so on. Therefore, if you put the mod into the wrong folder, or a non-matching version, it will recognize and complain itself, if the game is still able to start. Since the OP simply did not get any message I strongly suspect that he did not install the mod at all.
Thanks for the explanation! (y)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Are you sure you downloaded the mod and not just the optional content? The optional content just contains one folder "game_overrides" and needs the mod installed to work. The mod contains three folders and two files. Those go inside the <summertimesaga>/game folder. The optional content goes inside the <summertimesaga> folder, not inside the game folder inside the <summertimesaga> folder.

It's all described in the first post. If you follow the instructions *to the letter* it will work.
I see the reason for the problem I was having. I saw the instruction as saying:
[...summertimesaga/]game folder (i.e. the game's root folder)
instead of
[...summertimesaga/game] folder

Once I improved my reading comprehension, it's working fine.

lunatic0696

Sep 25, 2020
I was using the mod and ran into an issue at Okita's sex scene, I can't watch it in any way. Attached the traceback.txt so someone can take a look.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I was using the mod and ran into an issue at Okita's sex scene, I can't watch it in any way. Attached the traceback.txt so someone can take a look.
I will check this evening.

Edit: Sorry I cannot reproduce this. Please provide a save and a detailed description how to trigger this bug.

Last edited:

lunatic0696

Sep 25, 2020
I believe this is it. It's saved right before the bug, so you only need to click once. I have only the base game and the mod installed without the additional content. The save file was also made with the mod already installed. It was in version 0.20.9 -1.17 and I updated to 0.20.9 -1.18, but did not seem to solve the problem.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I believe this is it. It's saved right before the bug, so you only need to click once. I have only the base game and the mod installed without the additional content. The save file was also made with the mod already installed. It was in version 0.20.9 -1.17 and I updated to 0.20.9 -1.18, but did not seem to solve the problem.
Ah, thanks for noticing that. This is a typo that went past my QM ;) It concerns only the first encounter with Okita.

To fix it, put the file dialogues.rpy in the attached archive into folder "<SummertimeSaga>\game\scripts\locations\school\school_hall\third_floor\okitas_office\dialogues.rpy".

Reactions: lunatic0696

lunatic0696

Sep 25, 2020
It worked. Thanks a lot, I was worried I was going to need to traceback to my last save.
(At least it gives me a lesson to save often)

Reactions: srksrk 68

F18ZONE

May 25, 2020
Thanks

Previously, I had downloaded your 0.20.9-beta mod and that was lagging in my linux OS but your latest 0.20.9-1.18 mod working smoothly in my system. :)

Reactions: srksrk 68
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes