Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes
Feb 5, 2018
Well, the school is big, look for her somewhere else if she is not in class ;)

And if the problem is there in the unmodded game (mod disabled), chances are that it's not the mod at fault. This is not to help but to verify if the problem is with the mod or not. Did you already know the official Walkthrough (also reachable in-game via the menu, when the mod is enabled)?

LOL my bad didnt check that, thank you very much for the info

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

just uploaded new version 0.20.11-1.08:
  • Improvements and corrections to the Liu pregnant office sex scene.
  • Fixed Liu, Nadya, Odette and Tina not breathing during pregnant sex scenes.
  • More performance improvements by optimization of breathing, talking and blinking animations.
    • Fixed cum overlays slowing breathing down significantly.
  • Fresh-up of the mod's configuration menu.
    • New configuration parameters NO_FACE_ANIMATION and NO_CHEST_ANIMATION which overrule BLINKING, TALKING and BREATHING parameters, to improve performance when enabled. Requires restart of the game.
    • Better visualization of parameters that affect/overrule other paramters.
    • Parameters that require restart take precedence over other parameters that affect the same setting.
Enjoy!

Reactions: gjjllak

redfoxi

Oct 20, 2019
So I have the latest version of the game and up until recently the "latest" version of this mod. However the other day I ran into a bug with Maria. I'm at the part where I run into her at the apartment and have to take her grocery bags up. When I enter her place the background goes black (can see the characters) but it says "Background for Maria_lounge not found." then it gives the traceback and exits the game. Below is my traceback, any help would be greatly appreciated...

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/maria/lounge/main.rpy", line 12, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 354, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 272, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
File "game/scripts/locations/maria/lounge/screen.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/scripts/locations/maria/lounge/screen.rpy", line 2, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 345, in background
if renpy.loadable(rv) and isinstance(rv, basestring) and ( rv.endswith("_night.jpg") or rv.endswith("_evening.jpg") ) and game.timer.is_fullmoon() and renpy.loadable(rv.replace(".jpg","")+"_fullmoon_overlay.png"):
AttributeError: 'Text' object has no attribute 'lstrip'

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
So I have the latest version of the game and up until recently the "latest" version of this mod. However the other day I ran into a bug with Maria. I'm at the part where I run into her at the apartment and have to take her grocery bags up. When I enter her place the background goes black (can see the characters) but it says "Background for Maria_lounge not found." then it gives the traceback and exits the game. Below is my traceback, any help would be greatly appreciated...

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/maria/lounge/main.rpy", line 12, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 354, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 272, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
File "game/scripts/locations/maria/lounge/screen.rpy", line 2, in execute
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 345, in background
if renpy.loadable(rv) and isinstance(rv, basestring) and ( rv.endswith("_night.jpg") or rv.endswith("_evening.jpg") ) and game.timer.is_fullmoon() and renpy.loadable(rv.replace(".jpg","")+"_fullmoon_overlay.png"):
AttributeError: 'Text' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
Can you pls attach your save here to reproduce the issue? Also, check if the Ignore option in the traceback screen lets you skip the error.

redfoxi

Oct 20, 2019
Can you pls attach your save here to reproduce the issue? Also, check if the Ignore option in the traceback screen lets you skip the error.
Where do I find my save? All there is in the save file is a file called "persistant" I also did do the ignore option but it just closes me out to the main launcher everytime.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Where do I find my save? All there is in the save file is a file called "persistant" I also did do the ignore option but it just closes me out to the main launcher everytime.
What platform are you on? On Windows the saves are in %appdata%\renpy\summertimesaga.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK not sure if you're still interested in a solution, but the problem is with the original unmodded game as well as far as I see. You somehow managed to enter the location late at night rather than in the evening, and this causes the background to not be found (this location can normally not be entered in the middle of the night). The problem with the mod is that it crashes (which I fixed and will publish in next release) but the background will also not be available in the original. So in order to fix the whole thing, your save would be grately appreciated, at best together with an earlier save and a description how you managed to enter the location late.

nolli

Apr 13, 2019
I also had a bug with the new update while cleaning the pool for the second or third time if I ignore then I have no curser on screen from that point on so can't progress past this point. Attached a screen print of the important part of the error. I was defending this mod a few weeks ago saying I never had any problems.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I also had a bug with the new update while cleaning the pool for the second or third time if I ignore then I have no curser on screen from that point on so can't progress past this point. Attached a screen print of the important part of the error. I was defending this mod a few weeks ago saying I never had any problems.
Nobody has never any problems with anything, but we are here to help ;) It would speed things up if you attach a save here.

Edit: Find attached the hotfix. Put the extracted file TributeModImages.rpy into folder game/scripts, overwriting the original one.

I want to emphasize that this is *not* a bug in the mod but in the original game, caused by poor programming. They defined the pool cleanup minigame in a way that the Python built-in functions max() and min() are redifined/overwritten with integer objects, which causes the mod's animated image class to fail because it relies on them.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
Nobody has never any problems with anything, but we are here to help ;) It would speed things up if you attach a save here.

Edit: Find attached the hotfix. Put the extracted file TributeModImages.rpy into folder game/scripts, overwriting the original one.

I want to emphasize that this is *not* a bug in the mod but in the original game, caused by poor programming. They defined the pool cleanup minigame in a way that the Python built-in functions max() and min() are redifined/overwritten with integer objects, which causes the mod's animated image class to fail because it relies on them.
I already replace the file with your file but my cursor still not coming back after cleaning the hot tub any help ?
Here my save

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I already replace the file with your file but my cursor still not coming back after cleaning the hot tub any help ?
Here my save
Well it appears that you already cleaned the hot tub *before* installing the hotfix. You must install the hotfix first, then clean the hot tub.

Edit: To bring the cursor back, you may try opening the console (SHIFT-O) and type:
Code:
mouse_visible=True
From the numbering of your save file I figure that you only use one or two saves, which is a bad idea (reason for example your current problem). You should use multiple saves in different slots so you always have backups. Maybe one of the auto saves you still have may help, but they will get overwritten soon.

Last edited:

nolli

Apr 13, 2019
Thanks, I did find a workaround but later had problems with a few of Helen's images leading up to the whipping scene, they were black box images as if they were superimposed on to the scene but none since that scene, not sure if it's coming from the hairy mod but it looks as if it is.
It's nice that someone else seems to have have had the same problem with the hot tub and hijacked my question and your reply as if he had asked it and before I had a chance to respond to you. No manners these days.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks, I did find a workaround but later had problems with a few of Helen's images leading up to the whipping scene, they were black box images as if they were superimposed on to the scene but none since that scene, not sure if it's coming from the hairy mod but it looks as if it is.
It's nice that someone else seems to have have had the same problem with the hot tub and hijacked my question and your reply as if he had asked it and before I had a chance to respond to you. No manners these days.
Yeah I did not notice it were multiple people having that issue. Glad it's solved now.

Yes, those black boxes are coming from the hairy mod. I would rather not use it because I integrated the best of it into Naughty Tribute anyway, plus fixing those errors. Also, hairy mod does not really care about some of Naughty Tribute's additional images.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Folks,

new version is up with some fixes and improvements to both the game and the (German) translation.

Version 0.20.11-1.09:
  • Fixed a bug during full moon when due to other bugs the background image could not be found.
  • Refined value range of configuration parameter ICONS_ZOOM to make more sense (no more tiny icons, no more huge icons, finer granularity).
  • Removed some legacy and obsolete options from the mod's configuration menu.
  • Alignment, spacing and size corrections to the phone tooltip overlay screen.
  • Made some game warning dialogs adapt to higher font size settings.
  • Adaptions to the mod's enhanced german translation package (must be downloaded separately).
    • Corrected some bugs.
    • Condensed some texts to make them fit onto the screen with higher font size settings.
    • Prevent character names from being translated (e.g. when June is a name, not a month).
    • Added missing translations for Melonia pool dialogs.
    • Moved the de.rpy file into the tl folder like in the official package.
  • Fixed a bug occuring when some original game screens improperly redefine Python build-in functions.
Have fun!

Panse

Oct 1, 2020
Hello, I always get this error message when I exit Summertime Saga.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

- Full traceback ---------------------------------------------- --------------

Full traceback:
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main ()
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ main.py", line 578, in main
renpy.persistent.update (True)
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 364, in update
need_save = find_changes ()
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 175, in find_changes
backup [f] = safe_deepcopy (new)
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 128, in safe_deepcopy
rv = copy.deepcopy (o)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/copy.py", line 257, in _deepcopy_dict
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.11
Wed Sep 01 21:00:31 2021 "

I only get the message if the mod is installed

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello, I always get this error message when I exit Summertime Saga.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

- Full traceback ---------------------------------------------- --------------

Full traceback:
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main ()
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ main.py", line 578, in main
renpy.persistent.update (True)
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 364, in update
need_save = find_changes ()
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 175, in find_changes
backup [f] = safe_deepcopy (new)
File "D: \ xxx \ xxx \ SummertimeSaga-0-20-11-pc \ renpy \ persistent.py", line 128, in safe_deepcopy
rv = copy.deepcopy (o)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/copy.py", line 257, in _deepcopy_dict
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.11
Wed Sep 01 21:00:31 2021 "

I only get the message if the mod is installed
That is probably because your save file grew too large. Can you attach it here?

You should not load a save and save immediately after, but let some in-game time pass (sleep some nights, do quests, talk to people). When you exit the game, an auto-save will be created which might just exceed memory in that case.

Note that the original unmodded game has the same issue, but not to that extend (saves will also grow but you have more space -- the mod needs some more space after all).

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes