Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Folks,

Version 0.20.12-1.17 is up:
  • Corrected some wrong (Google generated) translation in the optionally downloadable German translation pack.
  • Made online Google translation more robust so that it breaks text tags and replacements less often.
    • More effort is being made so that text tags are not falsely translated.
    • If a translated text cannot be rendered, an unformatted translation without text tags will be produced as a fallback.
    • If the process still fails, the English original is taken instead.
  • Added some kind of progress indication to the diagnosis file generation.
Have fun!

Edit: updated to version 0.20.12-1.18d:
  • Fixed Google Online translation will strip trailing linebreaks from the translated text (no issue with any text in-game since no such texts are to be translated until now).
  • Added background text for configuration screens of parameters GOOGLE_TRANSLATE and DUMP_TRANSLATIONS to verify if online translation is installed, active and working.
    • Fixed a display problem in the new GOOGLE_TRANSLATE screen when displayed while in an animation loop.
  • Further improvement of the dump translations feature (parameter DUMP_TRANSLATIONS).
  • Corrected some typos and provided an updated German Translation pack (needs to be downloaded separately).
  • Made the mod's config menue slightly transparent. Caution: the background action will shine through (a bit).
  • Made the config setting screens more transparent to see the background better (which is intentional).
  • Made the config setting text more readable by increasing font outline.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hentai0052

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
It is possible to play with this mod on android version?
Or.. even there is already android version with this mod included?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

Version 0.20.12-1.19 is up:
  • Added missing images of Maria with heels on in her optional content (GAME_OVERRIDES). Needs to be downloaded separately.
  • Google Translate is now integrated into the mod, no need for extra download.
    • Still deactivated by default (parameter GOOGLE_TRANSLATE).
  • Created new section "Translation" in the mod's configuration menu and moved parameters USE_TRANSLATIONS, DUMP_TRANSLATIONS and GOOGLE_TRANSLATE into it.
  • Created new parameter CLEAR_CONSOLE to clear the console (SHIFT-O) in case it cannot be opened normally for some reason. This may happen e.g. if it becomes too large, which may produce out-of-memory events.
  • Changed configuration screen of "parameters" that only have one value (e.g. DUMP_TRANSLATIONS or CLEAR_CONSOLE) so that only one button is displayed which does all the action.
  • Small change to parameter FONTSIZE: text that is already large will increase less in size than smaller text.
  • Added a "Back to top" button at the bottom of the mod's readme and configuration screens.
  • Improved navigation in readme and configuration when sections are collapsed/expanded.
Note: The mod now has Google translation integrated. If you manually installed the (separately downloadable) Google translation package of version 1.18, you will need to uninstall that. To do so, remove those 14 items from the game folder (again, this is only needed if you manually installed them earlier):
  • game\bs4
  • game\deep_translator
  • game\ecdsa
  • game\requests
  • game\tlslite
  • game\cgi.py
  • game\Cookie.py
  • game\hmac.py
  • game\htmlentitydefs.py
  • game\htmlparser.py
  • game\markupbase.py
  • game\Queue.py
  • game\README.rst
  • game\uuid.py
Enjoy!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You're doing a good job.
I'm still waiting for an explanation of the language change in translation
Sorry, I wrote all I know in my previous post. Basically, you need a community translation pack in arabic language to start with. Online translation would take much too long if you were to translate every single line of text with it. Also, the RTL problem needs to be addressed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: fans.bleach

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Folks,

new version 0.20.12-1.20 is up:
  • Speed-up of naughty climax animations of the Becca bedroom and Liu office sex scenes.
  • Improved Jenny cheerleader sex sounds in breakout scene.
  • Made screenshots available from within the cookie jar, as well as from the phone menu (camera icon).
  • Correction how the message if Google online translation is installed will be generated, so that said translation does not break it.
  • Fixed an issue with Google online translation so that texts containing sound sniplets will not be translated again if already translated.
Have fun!

Edit: updated to version 0.20.12-1.20b:
  • Fixed a crash when enabling online Google translation without any language pack being installed.

Last edited:

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Folks,

new version 0.20.12-1.20 is up:
  • Speed-up of naughty climax animations of the Becca bedroom and Liu office sex scenes.
  • Improved Jenny cheerleader sex sounds in breakout scene.
  • Made screenshots available from within the cookie jar, as well as from the phone menu (camera icon).
  • Correction how the message if Google online translation is installed will be generated, so that said translation does not break it.
  • Fixed an issue with Google online translation so that texts containing sound sniplets will not be translated again if already translated.
Have fun!
If I don't need an online translator, can I completely remove it or just only disable it in the settings?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If I don't need an online translator, can I completely remove it or just only disable it in the settings?
It's disabled in the settings by default, so just don't enable it.
Edit: Your question found me a bug ;) When no language is installed, enabling online translation will crash the game. I will release a fix for that in a few minutes... Fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: twichman

rootywilly

Jan 27, 2022
Hey there, trying to install the mod on macOS Big Sure v11.6.1 and encountering and error upon boot right after the splash screen disappears:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another user in this tread got this same error about a year ago after I did a google search of the error. I'm a software engineer myself and tried following the stacktrace but couldn't quite find exactly where the cast was happening.

Only thing I can think of is I did modify the original game by enabling "cheat-mode" which is detailed on the official wiki. Seems to have something to do with the text renderer maybe? Not entirely sure. I'm going to try once again extracting the contents into a clean install and see if maybe the cheat-mode was causing the issue. Otherwise I do have a dual-boot on my mac with a Windows install so I can just jump over there to run it. Just figured I'd post to let anyone else know that's running on mac that this is an issue.

EDIT: Ha! A clean install actually worked. I suppose it was having the cheat-mode/dev-mode enabled causing the problem. So for anyone else that stumbles across this issue, definitely try a clean install.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey there, trying to install the mod on macOS Big Sure v11.6.1 and encountering and error upon boot right after the splash screen disappears:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another user in this tread got this same error about a year ago after I did a google search of the error. I'm a software engineer myself and tried following the stacktrace but couldn't quite find exactly where the cast was happening.

Only thing I can think of is I did modify the original game by enabling "cheat-mode" which is detailed on the official wiki. Seems to have something to do with the text renderer maybe? Not entirely sure. I'm going to try once again extracting the contents into a clean install and see if maybe the cheat-mode was causing the issue. Otherwise I do have a dual-boot on my mac with a Windows install so I can just jump over there to run it. Just figured I'd post to let anyone else know that's running on mac that this is an issue.

EDIT: Ha! A clean install actually worked. I suppose it was having the cheat-mode/dev-mode enabled causing the problem. So for anyone else that stumbles across this issue, definitely try a clean install.
What do you mean by "I did modify the original game ba enabling cheat mode"? If you start a new game, there is the option to choose cheat mode, and that is not modifying the game nor should it crash. Also, this should only affect the game when you load a save, not the startup already.
Edit: such problem are more likely caused by memory errors or other things happening during first startup, before everything has been compiled. Just try again and it should go well.

Last edited:

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
What do you mean by "I did modify the original game ba enabling cheat mode"? If you start a new game, there is the option to choose cheat mode, and that is not modifying the game nor should it crash. Also, this should only affect the game when you load a save, not the startup already.
He means dev-mode, which is enabled through the MC phone. The game may crash if this cheat was enabled before installing your mod.

rootywilly

Jan 27, 2022
Edit: such problem are more likely caused by memory errors or other things happening during first startup, before everything has been compiled. Just try again and it should go well.
Sorry, I meant developer mode not cheat mode -

Also if you missed my edit, I did get it resolved with a new clean install. You're right though, probably a memory issue of some sort.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

small update to version 0.20.12-1.21:
  • No longer needs to restart the game when translation is being switched on or off with an installed community translation pack.
  • Improved Jenny's diary in the optionally provided German translation pack (needs to be downloaded separately).
Have fun!

Edit -- Updated to version 0.20.12-1.21b:
  • Google online translation now also being correctly enabled/disabled when translation is switched on/off.
  • Enhancement to the German translation pack so that items currently being bought in shops are now translated as well (needs to be downloaded separately).
Edit 2 -- Version 0.20.12-1.21c:
  • Google online translation now correctly disabled when mod is disabled with parameter DISABLE_MOD.

Last edited:
Reactions: azmijaka

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Im pretty new here about mods, but what do i do about this error.
Did you download it from this site or from somewhere else? As already mentioned, unpack everything from the archive, as described in the installation section in the first post and in, well, the "Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt" that you are missing.
One might think the error message is quite clear though...

Reactions: Curious BirdMan
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes