Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Konic

Sep 8, 2020
So I installed the mod and put like mentioned in the /games folder but I didnt work, every time i want to start the game a error comes up and the error gives me a hint and a Solution.
Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it.
Solution: Check your installation.
But the problem is there is no problem with the installation I unzipped it extract it everything but it wont work pls help.

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020
provide more information, especially what's on the line starting with: ### Naughty Tribute Mod should be right before that hint.

not sure if this is your typo or not but all the files should be in the /game folder, not in the /games

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
So I installed the mod and put like mentioned in the /games folder but I didnt work, every time i want to start the game a error comes up and the error gives me a hint and a Solution.
But the problem is there is no problem with the installation I unzipped it extract it everything but it wont work pls help.
Like fixrapid said, the error message should tell you quite clearly what's wrong. Please do exactly as described in the first post or in the readme, not just something similar. Exactly.

The error messages are there to help you and to prevent further, potentially evil things from happening.

Konic

Sep 8, 2020
i did all and here is the complete error :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.12-1.15 (1)/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 745, in <module>
raise Exception(msg + "not found in " + gamedir + hint)
Exception:

****************************************************************************************************

### Naughty Tribute Mod not found in C:\Users\konic\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-20-12-pc (2)\SummertimeSaga-0-20-12-pc\game ###

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020
you need to move all files and folders from the Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.12-1.15 (1)/ to the game folder

Edit:
this mod doesn't contain "Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.12-1.15" folder, it was created by your program probably when you choose 'Extract archive here, autodetect subfolder' that's why you have this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
i did all and here is the complete error :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.12-1.15 (1)/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 745, in <module>
raise Exception(msg + "not found in " + gamedir + hint)
Exception:

****************************************************************************************************

### Naughty Tribute Mod not found in C:\Users\konic\Downloads\SummertimeSaga-0-20-12-pc (2)\SummertimeSaga-0-20-12-pc\game ###

As fixrapid said, you extracted into a wrong subfolder. You have:

"game/Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.12-1.15 (1)/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy"

You need:

"game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy"

Since everything seems messed up, best would be to install fresh.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Folks!

Happy New Year, and Happy New Version 0.20.12-1.16:
  • Online Google translation!
    • Requires the optionally downloadable translate package to be installed into the game folder.
    • Added parameter GOOGLE_TRANSLATE to translate on the fly into your selected language.
    • Parameter DUMP_TRANSLATIONS will dump the online-translated texts for performance increase and to be manually corrected later if enabled.
    • It's Google translate, and therefore not perfect!
      • Translations *must* be checked to ensure that text formatting tags and variable replacements are not messed up.
      • Don't abuse the service, I cannot guarantee that it stays alive.
    • See translation section in first post for further details.
  • Deletion of a screenshot in the phone's screenshot gallery now shows said screenshot in the confirmation dialog.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddha330

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Does he support Arabic?
I very mich doubt it. I don"t speak it, I never tried.

Edit: So, out of curiosity I tried...

Yes, it works! This is what I get when entering Jenny's shower, with Google Translate enabled and language 'ar' active in the game (the coding is automatically being dumped into the generated translation files as soon as a translation is being made online):
Code:
translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_26473f4a:
    # "( Hmm, it's so steamy... )"
    anon "(حسنًا ، إنه مشبع بالبخار ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_2db17454:
    # "( I can't quite make out- )"
    anon "(لا أستطيع أن أفهم تمامًا-)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_71520a84:
    # "( Hello, {b}[jen_name]{/b}... )"
    anon "(مرحبًا {b} [jen_name] {/ b} ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_6e2880d9:
    # "( Oh, here we go. )"
    anon "( يا هنا نذهب. )"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_edb9198f:
    # "( Hehe, it's {b}[jen_name]{/b} again! )"
    anon "(Hehe ، إنه {b} [jen_name] {/ b} مرة أخرى!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_c5a781ff:
    # "( I can't believe how much has happened between us! )"
    anon "(لا أصدق كم حدث بيننا!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_5e80376b:
    # "( She should take her webcam in there with her, she'd probably make a fortune... )"
    anon "(يجب أن تأخذ كاميرا الويب الخاصة بها معها ، من المحتمل أنها ستجني ثروة ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_2dc0fdef:
    # "( Oh man, she would be so pissed if she knew I was spying on her! )"
    anon "(يا رجل ، ستكون غاضبة جدًا إذا علمت أنني أتجسس عليها!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_71b148c5:
    # "( A few weeks ago she would have freaked out about this, but now... )"
    anon "(قبل أسابيع قليلة كانت ستفزع من هذا الأمر ، لكن الآن ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_f1fb1e39:
    # "( Whoa!! )"
    anon "(قف !!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_9c0186a1:
    # "( I hope I haven't missed the show! )"
    anon "(أتمنى ألا يفوتني العرض!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_c27e88e4:
    # "( It's {b}[jen_name]{/b}! )"
    anon "(إنه {b} [jen_name] {/ b}!)"
screenshot0015- Anon at Shower at morning (say shower_running shower_steam jenny anon).png

So, in principle, from what I see this should be OK. I do not know if the right-to-left mechanism of the arabic language is working in every aspect, though.

HOWEVER -- and this is a BIG however! -- this does not quite work, actually. Problem is that there is no arabic translation pack available right now, meaning that all texts in the game (we are talking about more than 70000 texts here) need to be translated. At an average speed of 2 texts per second, this will take a while. Moreover, I do not think that Google is so happy about their service being abused that way, meaning that they might block your address during the process or even take further measures when several hundred people try start doing such a thing...

This is why I stated that an up-to-date translation pack needs to be installed, i.e. only about 2000 translations actually missing (the most recent packs are from version 0.20.11 and only the new content of 0.20.12 is untranslated).

So, no, I fear it will not quite work out for you, unless someone makes an official arabic translation pack.

Edit 2: Yes, it seems that the mix between left-to-right and right-to-left is a problem, so even if it's technically possible to translate the game into arabic, it still leaves a lot to do. Also, Google is messing up the text tags, e.g. it makes {/b} into {/ b} with a space in between, which will lead to problems in the game. This does not happen for translation into German. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent Google from doing such things, so a manual correction is always necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: dokodesuka

fans.bleach

Jan 4, 2022
I very mich doubt it. I don"t speak it, I never tried.

Edit: So, out of curiosity I tried...

Yes, it works! This is what I get when entering Jenny's shower, with Google Translate enabled and language 'ar' active in the game (the coding is automatically being dumped into the generated translation files as soon as a translation is being made online):
Code:
translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_26473f4a:
    # "( Hmm, it's so steamy... )"
    anon "(حسنًا ، إنه مشبع بالبخار ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_2db17454:
    # "( I can't quite make out- )"
    anon "(لا أستطيع أن أفهم تمامًا-)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_71520a84:
    # "( Hello, {b}[jen_name]{/b}... )"
    anon "(مرحبًا {b} [jen_name] {/ b} ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_6e2880d9:
    # "( Oh, here we go. )"
    anon "( يا هنا نذهب. )"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_edb9198f:
    # "( Hehe, it's {b}[jen_name]{/b} again! )"
    anon "(Hehe ، إنه {b} [jen_name] {/ b} مرة أخرى!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_c5a781ff:
    # "( I can't believe how much has happened between us! )"
    anon "(لا أصدق كم حدث بيننا!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_5e80376b:
    # "( She should take her webcam in there with her, she'd probably make a fortune... )"
    anon "(يجب أن تأخذ كاميرا الويب الخاصة بها معها ، من المحتمل أنها ستجني ثروة ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_2dc0fdef:
    # "( Oh man, she would be so pissed if she knew I was spying on her! )"
    anon "(يا رجل ، ستكون غاضبة جدًا إذا علمت أنني أتجسس عليها!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_71b148c5:
    # "( A few weeks ago she would have freaked out about this, but now... )"
    anon "(قبل أسابيع قليلة كانت ستفزع من هذا الأمر ، لكن الآن ...)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_f1fb1e39:
    # "( Whoa!! )"
    anon "(قف !!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_9c0186a1:
    # "( I hope I haven't missed the show! )"
    anon "(أتمنى ألا يفوتني العرض!)"

translate ar shower_jenny_shower_spy_repeat_c27e88e4:
    # "( It's {b}[jen_name]{/b}! )"
    anon "(إنه {b} [jen_name] {/ b}!)"
View attachment 1579014

So, in principle, from what I see this should be OK. I do not know if the right-to-left mechanism of the arabic language is working in every aspect, though.

HOWEVER -- and this is a BIG however! -- this does not quite work, actually. Problem is that there is no arabic translation pack available right now, meaning that all texts in the game (we are talking about more than 70000 texts here) need to be translated. At an average speed of 2 texts per second, this will take a while. Moreover, I do not think that Google is so happy about their service being abused that way, meaning that they might block your address during the process or even take further measures when several hundred people try start doing such a thing...

This is why I stated that an up-to-date translation pack needs to be installed, i.e. only about 2000 translations actually missing (the most recent packs are from version 0.20.11 and only the new content of 0.20.12 is untranslated).

So, no, I fear it will not quite work out for you, unless someone makes an official arabic translation pack.

Edit 2: Yes, it seems that the mix between left-to-right and right-to-left is a problem, so even if it's technically possible to translate the game into arabic, it still leaves a lot to do. Also, Google is messing up the text tags, e.g. it makes {/b} into {/ b} with a space in between, which will lead to problems in the game. This does not happen for translation into German. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent Google from doing such things, so a manual correction is always necessary.
Well thank you
But the way of translation does not show the words completely I mean the translation shows the Arabic letters are not connected to each other
It seems to me that game developers don't care about us at all, and we have to suffer even as we're willing to pay the money.
I hope the direction of human beings changes.
Use the translator if the writing appears badly.

Ezra

May 7, 2017
Well thank you
But the way of translation does not show the words completely I mean the translation shows the Arabic letters are not connected to each other
Could you try to translate the SAME sentence directly in Google translate to see if that's the source of the problem? As the game uses that translation, the problem might be that it's still not polished enough in your language.

About the devs... they would care if a good amount of their supporters speak said language. I always prefer to read the games in english that a fan-translation made in my language though, but that's my personal opinion, of course.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well thank you
It seems to me that game developers don't care about us at all, and we have to suffer even as we're willing to pay the money.
I hope the direction of human beings changes.
Use the translator if the writing appears badly.
OK, can you explain this a bit more? For example, if we have:
Code:
"( Hehe, it's {b}[jen_name]{/b} again! )"
...then Google Translate as applied in-game will convert this into:
Code:
"(Hehe ، إنه {b} [jen_name] {/ b} مرة أخرى!)"
Google Translate in the web browser returns the same translation somewhat reversed, i.e. right-to-left. However, if I copy/paste this here, it gets re-reversed (left-to-right) and I guess that's the same what happens in-game.
What do you mean with "does not show the words completely" and "does not show the words completely"? Are there gaps in between where they do not belong, or are the words in the wrong order? Does this happen for sentences that are translated completely into arabic as well as for those that still contain some english parts?
Could you try to translate the SAME sentence directly in Google translate to see if that's the source of the problem? As the game uses that translation, the problem might be that it's still not polished enough in your language.
The game should return exactly the same translation as the browser when using Google Translate (apart from the left-to-right vs. right-to-left thing that I mentioned, but that just seems to be a display problem). It's the same web page that is being queried.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Moreover, I do not think that Google is so happy about their service being abused that way, meaning that they might block your address during the process or even take further measures when several hundred people try start doing such a thing...
Hi, take a look at Textractor, it's supposed to work with Ren'Py (as seen in their Wiki - > FAQ -> Supported Engines page) and it does use Google translate (in fact if you run through dialogues too quickly Google sends you back a HTTP 429 message, "Too many requests", so you need to slow down):

This translates in real-time while you're playing, and shows the translated text on a floating top-most window that you place over the dialog box of your RPGM / Ren'Py game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi, take a look at Textractor, it's supposed to work with Ren'Py (as seen in their Wiki - > FAQ -> Supported Engines page) and it does use Google translate (in fact if you run through dialogues too quickly Google sends you back a HTTP 429 message, "Too many requests", so you need to slow down):

This translates in real-time while you're playing, and shows the translated text on a floating top-most window that you place over the dialog box of your RPGM / Ren'Py game.
Ok I did not know that one, its certainly interesting. However i dont know how immersive a floating window over your game is...

The idea behind my approach is that it generates a persistent translation that can be manually corrected (and shared) and that will improve performance once generated.

Also it was something I just wanted to try ;)

Reactions: dokodesuka

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
However i dont know how immersive a floating window over your game is...
The dev was smart enough to let users change the size, appearance and transparency of that floating window, so you can place it on top of the dialog box like a visual aid.

fans.bleach

Jan 4, 2022
Well, I tried again to log in with the computer from a different device, the translation appears correctly within the mod, but it did not show me how to change the language or choose the Arabic language within the mod

Arabic is written and read from left to right
The letters must be connected together to form a sentence

Example
انا احب الالعاب الاباحية

Reverse English written from right to left

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, I tried again to log in with the computer from a different device, the translation appears correctly within the mod, but it did not show me how to change the language or choose the Arabic language within the mod

Arabic is written and read from left to right
The letters must be connected together to form a sentence

Example
انا احب الالعاب الاباحية

Reverse English written from right to left
I guess you mixed up left and right -- English is written from left to right, Arabic the other way round from right to left (RTL) as I understand. I cannot be sure about Arabic but that's my strong understanding, and I am absolutely sure about English in that respect ;)

For Ren'Py to render RTL correctly, it needs a config variable set like:

config.rtl = True

This is by default not set, so Arabic text is rendered in reverse order (left to right). So I am wondering how you get the translation correctly -- more so because you also say it does not show you how to change the language and use Arabic in the mod...

Anyway, I did some experiments, and setting that config variable seems to make things right:

screenshot0005- Anon at Shower at morning (say shower_running shower_steam jenny anon).png

However, Google Translate seems to mess up word sequences when Ren'Py text tags are involved (e.g. {b}some text{/b}). I don't see an easy way to solve this.

To get the Arabic language, you would need, as earlier said, an Arabic translation pack or something comparable, which sets some config variables for you at startup, mainly:

config.default_language = "ar"
config.rtl = True

Last edited:
Reactions: fans.bleach
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes