Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK, version 0.20.1-0.01 Alpha is up ;)
  • Version 0.20.1-0.01 Alpha:
    • Adaption to version 0.20.1 of the game. Still full of bugs! Should be safe to start playing, but keep the old saves as a backup.
    • Fixed NPC icons on main map are not yet up-to-date with the new locations and characters.
    • Included all vanilla game fixes.
  • Version 0.20.0-0.01 Alpha:
    • First adaption to version 0.20.0 of the main game. Will be full of bugs -- You have been warned!
    • Known issue: NPC icons on main map are not yet up-to-date with the new locations. Area around appartments and clinic might get a bit crowded.
    • Known issue also in vanilla game: Cookie jar scenes for Cassie and Rump happen in MC's bedroom.
    • Removed modded cellphone goals app because it was completely re-done in vanilla game.
    • Removed modded pizza minigame for the same reason.
    • Disabled new cellphone hints for Debbie because she was completely re-done for the new story.
    • Experimental dynamic location adaption system depending on NPCs states, so that they cannot be at multiple places at the same time (currently Roxxy, Missy, Becca, Terry, Iwanka and Rump).
    • Fixed Eve telling MC to hang out in the park even though Grace has forbidden it.
    • Fixed Miss Okita inviting MC to the classroom even though they are already there.
    • Further memory optimization for fireworks animation.
    • Some cleanup and improvement under the hood.

Mario8080

Apr 27, 2017
[...]
Optional:
(Eve pierced, High Heels for Roxxy, Becca, Missy, Ms. Okita, Ms. Bissette)

[...]
Optional 2:
(Eve pierced and hairy)
Please note that both links on has been banned ...

"This file has been banned"

Thanks

Jul 5, 2019
Wrong folder, my friend. All the mods/patch needs to be placed inside the folder "game" under the principal folder of your game to be working.
(Example: ...\Summertime Saga\game)
Extract from Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt (that you didn't read)
"
Installation
------------

This mod requires the original Summertime Saga of same version to be installed. Take care if you have other mods installed (not recommended). Other mods may only work if they are not modifying the same files as this mod does.

It is recommended to save the unmodded game while the main city map is being displayed, close the game, and then install the mod and load the save.

This archive contains the following files and folders:

images
overlays
scripts
Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt
Naughty Tribute Mod Readme - History.txt
presplash.png

For mod installation, extract the complete archive into the "<Summertime Saga>\game" folder so that it contains all the files and the folders listed above. Overwrite files and folders that already exist. To be safe, always do a clean install (install game fresh, then mod, without keeping old files).

Start the game. If it crashes at first start, try again once. Ensure that no other mods are installed.

There are two separate archives with optional content, containing modified images. Extract the folder "game_options" and/or "game_options2" and place it in the same directory where the "<Summertime Saga>\game" is found. Important: Do not place it inside this folder but on the same level, so that the "<Summertime Saga>" folder contains both the "game" and the "game_options(2)" folders.

Note that both folders can be installed together, with "game_options2" having priority. The optional content is valid for all mod versions equal to or higher than version of the optional content itself, until an updated version will be released.

It is possible to switch the optional content on/off with the "Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt" file (see description inside).

Note: you should install clean, i.e. delete all files from previous versions of the mod before. In case of doubts, install the game new, and then install the mod.

Note: only install matching mods, i.e. the mod and game must be of same base version (e.g. mod version Version 0.18.6-1.0 can only be installed with version 0.18.6 of the game).

Note: It is also possible to install the game on Android and Mac. To do so, install the original game, run it once, and then copy the extracted files and folders contained in the archive, and install optional content if wanted. Caution -- this is not supported in general, but works for the devices mentioned below."

Please do read ANY .txt that comes with the updates/patch: them aren't ORNAMENTAL at all. The .txt files are written just as explanations for humans (courtesy of the programmer for the users), not really needed for the game or the pc itself (generally not games/programs code).

Thank you, I hope that was being of any help to you. :geek:(y):WeSmart:
Thank you so much, it works now. I tried doing it before and it kept giving me a error but worked this time.

Reactions: Warrior69

hotte

Mar 23, 2017
I don't understand the config file. How to edit the variables? No matter what I do, nothing changes.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I don't understand the config file. How to edit the variables? No matter what I do, nothing changes.
Go to the main menu and click the Naughty Tribue Mod link at the bottom of the screen, the one that has the version number. This will open the readme and a little green window at the bottom where you see what values are currently configured,, where the value comes from and if there were any errors while reading the config file. You can only configure values that are defined as described in the comments of that file, otherwise a default will be taken instead.

Reactions: Warrior69 and hotte

hotte

Mar 23, 2017
not just edit, you gotta remove # like

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah tried it like this and wanted to activate one additional mod which hasn't worked. The rest worked so far. Just copied the mod files and overwrote the "originals" and it worked.

This mod is really a game changer. Should be honored by the devs.

Thanks for the help ya'll.

Ryuman

Jan 4, 2018
the game runs fine the loading is fast, but the animations are slow and laggy, its like i am playing with low fps but is running at 60 fps.
if i delete the mod the game go back to normal

can someone help me?

sorry for my poor english

Reactions: Mikilande

raschi

Jan 8, 2019
the game runs fine the loading is fast, but the animations are slow and laggy, its like i am playing with low fps but is running at 60 fps.

can someone help me?

Download config file and set SMOOTHING=0
Maybe?

Warrior69

Dec 13, 2017

can someone help me?

Hi Ryuman. Could you please make a detailed list of the hardware you're using to play? In the "system requirement" it's specified that you've got to get 2Gb free space at least, but this isn't the only limitation you've got to front when you go from a simple 2D to a 2D animation, especially if the hardware isn't capable (maybe a bit old???).
Thank you in advance. :geek:

P.S.: I'm Italian. If I could understand your english, I think the others guests will get no problem at all. ;)

Reactions: Ryuman

Ryuman

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Ryuman. Could you please make a detailed list of the hardware you're using to play? In the "system requirement" it's specified that you've got to get 2Gb free space at least, but this isn't the only limitation you've got to front when you go from a simple 2D to a 2D animation, especially if the hardware isn't capable (maybe a bit old???).
Thank you in advance. :geek:

P.S.: I'm Italian. If I could understand your english, I think the others guests will get no problem at all. ;)
Processor: ryzen 3 2200g
Video card: gtx 1050 ti 4gb
Ram: 8gb ddr4 ram
Storage: hd 1t, hd 500gb

Warrior69

Dec 13, 2017
Processor: ryzen 3 2200g
Video card: gtx 1050 ti 4gb
Ram: 8gb ddr4 ram
Storage: hd 1t, hd 500gb
It seems isn't a problem caused by the hardware.
The HD 500Gb it's SSD or NVME? It should be the one where Windows is installed.
Could it be a driver problem or a lack in base software.
I've got almost the same configuration:
Processor: AMD FX (Unlocked) 8320 - Eight Core
Video card: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4Gb OC
Ram: 32Gb DDR3 CL 9 Ram
Storage: NVME2 SSD 512Gb, Seagate 2Tb BarraCuda, Seagate 6Tb BarraCuda
The game goes flawless.
Did you update your chipset drivers? The last ones was released about:
AMD Chipset Drivers
Revision Number 2.04.04.111
File Size 50 MB
Release Date 4/7/2020
And about the video card, the last one is:
Geforce 445.98 hotfix driver

Ryuman

Jan 4, 2018
It seems isn't a problem caused by the hardware.
The HD 500Gb it's SSD or NVME? It should be the one where Windows is installed.
Could it be a driver problem or a lack in base software.
I've got almost the same configuration:
Processor: AMD FX (Unlocked) 8320 - Eight Core
Video card: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4Gb OC
Ram: 32Gb DDR3 CL 9 Ram
Storage: NVME2 SSD 512Gb, Seagate 2Tb BarraCuda, Seagate 6Tb BarraCuda
The game goes flawless.
Did you update your chipset drivers? The last ones was released about:
AMD Chipset Drivers
Revision Number 2.04.04.111
File Size 50 MB
Release Date 4/7/2020
And about the video card, the last one is:
Geforce 445.98 hotfix driver
Turning the smoothing to 0, it resolved the problem
i will check my drivers to be sure.
Thank you for your time

Warrior69

Dec 13, 2017
Turning the smoothing to 0, it resolved the problem
i will check my drivers to be sure.
Thank you for your time
You're welcome. Anyway, just update the chipset driver first and the video card driver after.
Have a good time!!! ;)

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Please, I wish you or any other modder for this game would add both-choice option, where we wouldn't need to make a choice between Mia and her mother Helen as well as Mrs. Johnson and June (i.e we're not locked on one route for the save). Just make it so you can play both scenes for both routes in one playthrough... really wish someone would make this a reality ! Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes