Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
No. There is a special patch for that. It should be possible to install both.
Appreciate you letting me know! If there are any Mac users that have done this mod and the incest mod together, please let me know how you did it! It would be greatly appreciated!

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
Hey. This mod breaks three parts in game:
  1. Daisy statue dont appear in garden after Dian gain all three parts.
  2. Roz in clinic do not have Ancestry talk option.
  3. Game will crash no errors when Tina kiss me in hall and Becky see.
  4. Also (small thing) Helen first cookiejar on bed with baton still lock, but second with sex unlock.
This happen on three Android devices with Android 5, 7, and 10. Finally I think of and install alone no mods. I copy only savefile and persist file. Statue is there, Roz have option, and Tina in hall play no problem.

So I install you mod and disable script/folder once at a time ( name add -bk) and try over. I get to place where if renamed more game crash, but above still break. I take pictures of folder to show what certain files are using when game break.

i had this with 3.02, 3.03, and 3.06b. I will try upload files here to help if you like. Screenshot_20200823-222835.jpg Screenshot_20200823-222818.jpg Screenshot_20200823-222811.jpg

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey. This mod breaks three parts in game:
  1. Daisy statue dont appear in garden after Dian gain all three parts.
  2. Roz in clinic do not have Ancestry talk option.
  3. Game will crash no errors when Tina kiss me in hall and Becky see.
  4. Also (small thing) Helen first cookiejar on bed with baton still lock, but second with sex unlock.
This happen on three Android devices with Android 5, 7, and 10. Finally I think of and install alone no mods. I copy only savefile and persist file. Statue is there, Roz have option, and Tina in hall play no problem.

So I install you mod and disable script/folder once at a time ( name add -bk) and try over. I get to place where if renamed more game crash, but above still break. I take pictures of folder to show what certain files are using when game break.

i had this with 3.02, 3.03, and 3.06b. I will try upload files here to help if you like. View attachment 785110 View attachment 785111 View attachment 785112
I can tell you for certain that this mod does break nothing on Android 7 or 10. According to your screenshots you somehow managed to create folders with wrong names. All those ending on -bk are not valid names and are not contained in the mod's archive. Please try again with a fresh install, without renaming anything. There should also not be the need to overwrite anything on a fresh install.

Edit: what is your save supposed to demonstrate? You don't have the statue parts, and the Tina kissing scene is already done. Did you try to follow the official walkthrough?

Last edited:

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
srksrk 68 I just discovered your mod and I really want to replay the game to try it :p !
I was wondering, I might wait the new version (75% coding, pretty soon ?!).
Do you thing that if I install the 0.20.5 (the upcoming version) + your mod, the game will still work ?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
srksrk 68 I just discovered your mod and I really want to replay the game to try it :p !
I was wondering, I might wait the new version (75% coding, pretty soon ?!).
Do you thing that if I install the 0.20.5 (the upcoming version) + your mod, the game will still work ?
Well, I can definitly tell that it will *not* work out of the box ;)

It will take at least some days to make it work as it worked before, i.e. in previous version with the new content untouched/unmodded. Last time (version 0.20.1) it took me around two days to get the first version out, and that was the first alpha version where only the game was tested to start and the cookie jar to work. The first stable version came out two days after, and only then I was working on new stuff. So expect at least one week after original game release to get anything new, and that is only if there are no nasty surprises.

That said, you can safely try the mod now when it's stable to get the whole thing, and upgrade when the new stuff is ready. If you want to play only the new version, the old plus mod will still give you a feeling of how it will look like by visiting the cookie jar.

Reactions: jeje33 and lucratif

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
I can tell you for certain that this mod does break nothing on Android 7 or 10. According to your screenshots you somehow managed to create folders with wrong names. All those ending on -bk are not valid names and are not contained in the mod's archive. Please try again with a fresh install, without renaming anything. There should also not be the need to overwrite anything on a fresh install.

Edit: what is your save supposed to demonstrate? You don't have the statue parts, and the Tina kissing scene is already done. Did you try to follow the official walkthrough?
I say why file names are change. I rename folders to disable parts of script. The pictures show what parts still 'active' to narrow where problem live. It live in one the files in pictures still 'on' (the scripts name not change).

MC get statue feet when barn is finish. And middle from Clide. And head from Maid. So if barn is finish and no statue parts in bag, save MUST be after I give to Diane.

The save show this. It have most quests done, Diane, Debbie, Roxy stories finish. Startue not in bag because I already give to Diane. She tell me statue will go in garden. Also Terry say to ask old person about records, but Roz will not let me ask over "Ancestry".

That is, if your mod install. But if your mod delete, statue and "Ancestry" ask appear. That is what savefile show. Load this save WITHOUT mod alive, and statue and Ancestry show. Install mod again, load same savefile, both gone again.

As for Tiina, yes I already passed. On clean install of gane. However I must roll back many days to find savefile that load without crash. Instead I apoear inside Tina apartment at midnight, cant leave without give pizza and too late to knock. Or suddenly at home and Debbie vacuum, but cant leave to map. Or at Trailer looking at evict notice, and cant leave.

Only after I replay Tina and many days, then I realize statue and Ancestry ask are present. So I install your mod and they disappear again. I will include three save files that broke while playing with mod alive. And persist to show that MANY scene show locked that player MUST have seen to get to later ones: Helen, Diane, Debbie, Jenny...

It take days to find what I find and hours of install and erase to test to help you, I think you would be glad for help. But instead you rude and refuse to use ten minutes to test this, and not realize there CANNOT be a finish barn and no statue plus no parts.

Oh and other player have exact problem:
https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-walkthrough-faq-thread.4559/post-4043323

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I say why file names are change. I rename folders to disable parts of script. The pictures show what parts still 'active' to narrow where problem live. It live in one the files in pictures still 'on' (the scripts name not change).

MC get statue feet when barn is finish. And middle from Clide. And head from Maid. So if barn is finish and no statue parts in bag, save MUST be after I give to Diane.

The save show this. It have most quests done, Diane, Debbie, Roxy stories finish. Startue not in bag because I already give to Diane. She tell me statue will go in garden. Also Terry say to ask old person about records, but Roz will not let me ask over "Ancestry".

That is, if your mod install. But if your mod delete, statue and "Ancestry" ask appear. That is what savefile show. Load this save WITHOUT mod alive, and statue and Ancestry show. Install mod again, load same savefile, both gone again.

As for Tiina, yes I already passed. On clean install of gane. However I must roll back many days to find savefile that load without crash. Instead I apoear inside Tina apartment at midnight, cant leave without give pizza and too late to knock. Or suddenly at home and Debbie vacuum, but cant leave to map. Or at Trailer looking at evict notice, and cant leave.

Only after I replay Tina and many days, then I realize statue and Ancestry ask are present. So I install your mod and they disappear again. I will include three save files that broke while playing with mod alive. And persist to show that MANY scene show locked that player MUST have seen to get to later ones: Helen, Diane, Debbie, Jenny...

It take days to find what I find and hours of install and erase to test to help you, I think you would be glad for help. But instead you rude and refuse to use ten minutes to test this, and not realize there CANNOT be a finish barn and no statue plus no parts.

Oh and other player have exact problem:
https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-walkthrough-faq-thread.4559/post-4043323

I am what? Rude??

Friend, I am alway -- Always! -- willing to help. I am so sorry I cannot reproduce your problem out of the box. So I have to ask some questions.

Back to your problem. I tried your save (more thant 10 minutes by the way). I had questions. Sorry. You explained and I will try again.

What I can say is that most players do not have problems with the mod. I myself always play with it. Whenever I find problems, I fix them. You can read about it all over this thread. And I very much doubt that using or not using the mod correctly will or even could produce problems as you describe. Especially items in your backpack are things that this mod will and cannot influence.

What I would need to reproduce is a save where your problems occur:
  • One save where you are in the main city map, so that after loading it you go to Roz asking about ancestery. You claim that with mod installed, loading that save you get no option for that quest, but without it you get. That save I need.
  • One save with your statuette in the backpack when mod is not installed, but without when it is installed (or whatever problem you have with the statuette, I do not completely understand your description, please clarify).
What you describe about being in one place too late and not allowed to leave, those are problems in unmodded game which my mod is fixing. I provide a fix for that. If it does not work, not the mod is at fault. If you think it is (I am not perfect so yes, it's possible), please provide a save and I will fix it.

Unfortunately I have a life and I have to go to work now. I will come back with more questions and maybe solutions later. I will even test your saves.

Edit: I do not see that any of the other player's problems you linked to has anything to do with the mod. Please understand that I can only fix problems with my mod if they are posted here in this thread.

Edit 2: It may have something to do with the mod configuration. Please post your "Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt" here as well. You find it in the game folder. Did you install the optional content?

Edit 3: Your second save and probably all your saves won't work with the mod because you saved in the middle of a dialog or animated scene. That is not supported even with the original game. Please save in the main town map and provide the steps to reproduce the problem (e.g. "Go to Tina, do this and that, observe crash"). However, I do not see any problem with your first save. Just go to tina and deliver the pizza works for me. Are you sure you installed the latest version of the mod?

Also please note that the mod has a built-in feature to disable it: go into mod configuration and set parameter DISABLE_MOD to 1, then close the game and restart. It will never work if you simply rename folders in the game directory. This leads to duplicate labels and various inconsistencies, completely breaking everything.

Edit 4: I now tried your very first save from your first post again. It appears you really have found a problem here, with your further explanations I can now reproduce on Android, but not on Windows. I will try to figure out what goes wrong there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reese286

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK, here you go.

Version 0.20.1-3.07:
  • Fixed a strange problem with Aqua and Daisy quests resetting on Android.
This was a nasty one, only appearing on Android...

Reactions: Bgl998

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Out of curiosity, what exactly was going on that was wrong?
I wish I knew. Somehow the replay of events/triggers that bring the state machines (which represent the NPCs) to the right state after a save has loaded did not work on Android. I changed those two machines for Daisy and Aqua before, and it worked on Windows, but apparently not on Android. Only explanation I have is that it maybe only works if the new game was started with the mod already in place and that the save that had the problem was created before the mod was installed, but that does not explain why it worked on Windows but not on Android.

Anyway, I reverted those machine changes and that apparently fixed it in this case. There my be cases when a save is already broken due to this and an earlier one must be loaded, but not in this case.

Edit: After more research I am positive that this is not an Android problem at all. I guess it has something to do with the persistent data, and when you started the game and when installed the mod. Needs some more research.

Last edited:

Bgl998

Jun 27, 2018
OK, here you go.

Version 0.20.1-3.07:
  • Fixed a strange problem with Aqua and Daisy quests resetting on Android.
This was a nasty one, only appearing on Android...
thanks so much, i've been raking my brains for days, trying to figure out why the ancestry option never came up with Roz. Now, it's fixed.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
This is a very bad ass mod. Thank You!

I ran into a problem which I can't tell if it's related to your mod or not because I only played SS v0.20.1 with the following mods: + Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.1-3.07 +

Problem: During mini-games, pressing some arrow keys will immediately reset the mini-game to its initial/start state losing all progress. This happened without fail when pressing the LEFT ARROW key, which made some mini-games unplayable (e.g. the maze game played on MC's PC for intelligence). I used the workaround of cheat-skipping mini-games.

I noticed another very similar problem induced by the dialogue history that can be activated via the lower right ? button. The problem only appears when the ? button is configured to popup history on mouse over without requiring a click. In this case, if I press TAB and the focus reaches the ? button the history window is popped up and the state of whatever happened in the background is again reset.

Finally, one question: How long it took you to learn enough Python & Ren'Py to make this mod and what resources did you use?

I'm seriously considering hacking some sort of aid, no matter how brutal, to help skip over dialogues that were already present in a previous major version. This basic Ren'Py functionality is normally available when holding CTRL but the supporting persistence layer is broken during major upgrades by the clownish manner in which SS is developed.

Another far easier need is to configure a toggle key for Auto-forwarding.

dhklewdgamer

Dec 8, 2017
This is a very bad ass mod. Thank You!

I ran into a problem which I can't tell if it's related to your mod or not because I only played SS v0.20.1 with the following mods: + Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.1-3.07 +

Problem: During mini-games, pressing some arrow keys will immediately reset the mini-game to its initial/start state losing all progress. This happened without fail when pressing the LEFT ARROW key, which made some mini-games unplayable (e.g. the maze game played on MC's PC for intelligence). I used the workaround of cheat-skipping mini-games.

I noticed another very similar problem induced by the dialogue history that can be activated via the lower right ? button. The problem only appears when the ? button is configured to popup history on mouse over without requiring a click. In this case, if I press TAB and the focus reaches the ? button the history window is popped up and the state of whatever happened in the background is again reset.

Finally, one question: How long it took you to learn enough Python & Ren'Py to make this mod and what resources did you use?

I'm seriously considering hacking some sort of aid, no matter how brutal, to help skip over dialogues that were already present in a previous major version. This basic Ren'Py functionality is normally available when holding CTRL but the supporting persistence layer is broken during major upgrades by the clownish manner in which SS is developed.

Another far easier need is to configure a toggle key for Auto-forwarding.
Having the same issue and it is simply making the Dexter fight impossible. Would appreciate some suggestions for a fix.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes