Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I did everything but game won't load after installing the mod
Sorry it took me so long...

Did you get it to work? What is the exact problem? Does the game not even start or can't you just load a save? If it does not start, I can only guess you installed it wrong. Read the instructions carefully and do again, exactly as described.

If you cannot load a save, best way to use a save is to disable the mod (in the configuration UI), re-start the game, load your save and save new, this time while being in the main city map. Afterwards, enable the mod again and re-start the game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This is a very bad ass mod. Thank You!

I ran into a problem which I can't tell if it's related to your mod or not because I only played SS v0.20.1 with the following mods: + Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.1-3.07 +

Problem: During mini-games, pressing some arrow keys will immediately reset the mini-game to its initial/start state losing all progress. This happened without fail when pressing the LEFT ARROW key, which made some mini-games unplayable (e.g. the maze game played on MC's PC for intelligence). I used the workaround of cheat-skipping mini-games.

I noticed another very similar problem induced by the dialogue history that can be activated via the lower right ? button. The problem only appears when the ? button is configured to popup history on mouse over without requiring a click. In this case, if I press TAB and the focus reaches the ? button the history window is popped up and the state of whatever happened in the background is again reset.

Finally, one question: How long it took you to learn enough Python & Ren'Py to make this mod and what resources did you use?

I'm seriously considering hacking some sort of aid, no matter how brutal, to help skip over dialogues that were already present in a previous major version. This basic Ren'Py functionality is normally available when holding CTRL but the supporting persistence layer is broken during major upgrades by the clownish manner in which SS is developed.

Another far easier need is to configure a toggle key for Auto-forwarding.
Having the same issue and it is simply making the Dexter fight impossible. Would appreciate some suggestions for a fix.
Sorry guys, I totally missed your comments. You're right, something is wrong there. I will look into it immediately. However, I would rather not fix it since the update will come out very soon. As a workaround, you could disable HISTORYTOOLTIP in the configuration, at least during minigames. Alternatively, skip the minigames (Dexter fight can be skipped after you lost three times only).

Reactions: dhklewdgamer
Jul 26, 2019
Hello I ran into some issues, Did I install your mod incorrectly? I just copy-pasted all the relevant files into /game and deleted presplash. The issue however is that the game won't start with the mod installed.

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cookie_jar/cookie_jar_screens.rpy", line 6: u'HoverImage' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the hover statement.
    hover HoverImage("backgrounds/menu_cookie_jar_01.jpg")
                    ^

File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cookie_jar/cookie_jar_screens.rpy", line 82: u'HoverImage' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the hover statement.
    hover HoverImage("backgrounds/menu_cookie_jar_02.jpg")
                    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Sep 07 20:15:34 2020

Last edited:

Moltn

May 4, 2017
Hello I ran into some issues, Did I install your mod incorrectly? I just copy-pasted all the relevant files into /game and deleted presplash. The issue however is that the game won't start with the mod installed.

Code:

File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cookie_jar/cookie_jar_screens.rpy", line 6: u'HoverImage' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the hover statement.
                    ^

File "game/scripts/core/user_interface/cookie_jar/cookie_jar_screens.rpy", line 82: u'HoverImage' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the hover statement.
                    ^

I might be wrong here, but it could be due to the mod not matching the current game version. (It does claim in the installation guide that comes with the mod that you should only use matching versions of the mod with the current game.) Anyways, usually when a game updates, then mods end up broken. Depends if something has been changed in the actual game's code or not. That's just my guess, so best thing to do is to wait until the mod is updated to the current game version so there isn't any mismatching. (Yes, I skipped over that part in the installation guide myself and tried to use it in the current game version but got the same error.)

EDIT: There is no option for 'loading a save' since it happens right when you start up the game.

screenshot.37.jpg

Reactions: Mercuklienqu121

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Will this work with 20.5, or should i wait for an update. Really like your mod by the way, appreciate the work. I've had no problems with it, i find it a notable addition. Oops yup didn't see the message about the parsing errors, yeah i got them as well. Well my question has now been answered.

Last edited:

Tyrion1368

Sep 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I just recently downloaded the new version. There are quite some changes. I will do as fast as I can, but do not expect a stable version too soon. Hopefully during the Weekend.
take your time! Your work is great and the best way to enjoy the game! So I'll wait patiently your update. Thank you in advance!

Reactions: srksrk 68

Moltn

May 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I just recently downloaded the new version. There are quite some changes. I will do as fast as I can, but do not expect a stable version too soon. Hopefully during the Weekend.
No need to rush your work to get it out there to the public. Take your time and we'll be patient. I rather have a functional mod instead of a mod filled with errors (mistakes) in it. Keep up the great work, mate.

Smasher124

Apr 20, 2019
Will this work with 20.5, or should i wait for an update. Really like your mod by the way, appreciate the work. I've had no problems with it, i find it a notable addition. Oops yup didn't see the message about the parsing errors, yeah i got them as well. Well my question has now been answered.
WAIT for update or you will just be like everyone else here complaining that its not working. No one reads that its still only for game version 0.20.1 and not 0.20.5

Last edited:
Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
There it is. :cool:
when should be the update to 20.5? I just got the error when i tried to play with 20.1 :(

Code:

^

^

I might be wrong here, but it could be due to the mod not matching the current game version. (It does claim in the installation guide that comes with the mod that you should only use matching versions of the mod with the current game.) Anyways, usually when a game updates, then mods end up broken. Depends if something has been changed in the actual game's code or not. That's just my guess, so best thing to do is to wait until the mod is updated to the current game version so there isn't any mismatching. (Yes, I skipped over that part in the installation guide myself and tried to use it in the current game version but got the same error.)

EDIT: There is no option for 'loading a save' since it happens right when you start up the game.

View attachment 806418
It looks like he needs to update the mod first
waiting for an update
take your time! Your work is great and the best way to enjoy the game! So I'll wait patiently your update. Thank you in advance!
No need to rush your work to get it out there to the public. Take your time and we'll be patient. I rather have a functional mod instead of a mod filled with errors (mistakes) in it. Keep up the great work, mate.
hi guys

i just installed this mod but this promlem is keep coming up and i don't know what to do
View attachment 806854
Hi, it seems you've loaded the game version 20-5: but the actual mod is created for the 20.1 version. If you read two post before you can find we're waiting for the update. Bye
:LOL:
Good to know. Take your time, we can wait that long - I guess. ;)
really like this mod coz someimes also forgot charcater location
i'll be waiting for new update

thumbs up
WAIT for update or you will just be like everyone else here complaining that its not working. One reads that its still only for game version 0.20.1 and not 0.20.5
Thanks, King.
HI all!

This is just a heads-up for you to have some more patience. I just managed to get the mod to work with the new version of the game. I am able to start the game without crash now, to enter the cookie jar, to run some scenes. I also am able to load a 0.20.1 save and continue playing.

There are, of course, some issues that I have to sort out before I can release an update. For one, I will at least bring each cookie jar scene into a working state (some have errors or crash). Also, I want to ensure that at least some basic game play is possible.

But have no fear: I want to play the modded game as badly as you!

For the time being, I expect to be able to release version 0.20.5-0.01 Alpha of the mod the day after tomorrow. I would guess that during the weekend I have someting ready that is even more stable.

Here is a teaser of what you can expect in this first version: (still subject to change)

Version 0.20.5-0.01 Alpha:
  • First adaption to version 0.20.5 of the main game. Will be full of bugs -- You have been warned!
  • Pregnant sex for Odette (solo, complete) and Grace, both solo and threesome (uncomplete)!
  • Fixed a problem with minigames resetting when history tooltip is enabled.
  • Fixed some issues with Roxxy cheerleader quest and being too late at night.
  • Fixed a strange problem -- again -- with Aqua and Daisy quests resetting, not limited to Android.
  • Fixed a problem with trans Eve sometimes being pregnant during sex on top in the cookie jar.
  • Fixed a problem with trans Eve missing face after sex on top.
  • Improvement of Jenny and Debbie breathing animations.
  • Improved in-game display of this "Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt" file.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes