Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Wow! Nice work. Thank you.

Can you please tell me how you fixed this?
Took a while to figure out, but the root cause and solution are pretty simple at the end. Translation works by extracting the game's texts with a unique ID into a file where they can be translated (the files that you can download as community translations). Basically there you find something like:
Code:
translate <language> <label>_<id>:
  <character> "<translated text>"
What counts is the label and the id. Whenever the game encounters a text, it looks into that file with the label it currently is running under, and the id which is a hash of the text it currently is looking for. Identical texts get identical id's, and are distinguished by the label where they occur.

One problem was that when the mod introduces new labels, that lookup does not work because the label does not match, while the id would. I identified some places where that would be the case and tried to change the mod to use the original label instead. I sure missed some places, meaning it will still not always work.

But the main problem is that sometimes, to make the id unique, Renpy decides to add a suffix "_1" to it (increasing the number each time a new ambiguous id is found). It appears, that randomly this affects modded files in total, replacing all id's with the ones adding a suffix, and the whole file will never be translated. I had to dig into Renpy coding to replace all those labels back during translation lookup time.

The method I had to replace is inside Renpy libraries:
Code:
        old_lookup = renpy.ast.Translate.lookup

def my_lookup(self):
            rv = old_lookup(self)
            if self.identifier.endswith("_1") or self.identifier.endswith("_2") or self.identifier.endswith("_3") or self.identifier.endswith("_4") or self.identifier.endswith("_5"):
                try:
                    rv.what = renpy.game.script.translator.lookup_translate(self.identifier[:-2], getattr(self, "alternate", None)).what
                except KeyError:
                    pass
            return rv

renpy.ast.Translate.lookup = my_lookup
It's a quick hack, which appears to work well enough for now. Let's test and see ;)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

updated the mod to version 2.01 with some improved compatibility to the community translation packs.

Edit: Updated to version 2.01b to solve a problem with starting the game on Android.

And a tip for those of you who want the translation packs behave like the untranslated mod (i.e. skipping intro screen, age verification and -- new -- translation confirmation), here is a fix to do so. Just replace the first section of the <language>.rpy file:

Delete this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Replace with:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note that when you are quick enough (1.5 seconds) you can still disable the translations at game start. After that, the game auto-confirms using the translations without you clicking the button.

Note: DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun!

Last edited:

meepo125

Apr 24, 2018
srksrk 68
Thanks for your amazing mod, its really helpful and a lot of fun.

I found some bug on Iwanka's arms (like they are chopped off - see the pics attached) , I don't know if this is your mod causing it or (by default) the original photos. it goes thru this until the end of this scene.

1605562953894.png

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
srksrk 68
Thanks for your amazing mod, its really helpful and a lot of fun.

I found some bug on Iwanka's arms (like they are chopped off - see the pics attached) , I don't know if this is your mod causing it or (by default) the original photos. it goes thru this until the end of this scene.

View attachment 902736
Ooops! Stupid bug. Found it, fixed it.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

new version is up, fixing a bug and improving translation support.

Version 0.20.7-2.02:
  • Fixed a stupid bug with Iwanka outfit, occuring before her story is finished.
  • Introduced new configuration parameter DUMP_TRANSLATIONS. When enabled, this will create an initial translation file, and will append any new untranslated text you encounter during game play. The two files generated can be edited/translated, and will be automatically used by the game. See description of that parameter for details.
Have fun!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Warrior69

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Any chance you guys could use Nopy or Mega? :cool: (NVM, I did it myself. Apologies if this stepped on toes...) srksrk 68, you can use my link. (y)

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Why i got error when i download in Android
You did extract the mod files into a subdirectory of the game directory. It must be extracted directly into that game directory. I other words, move everything inside one level up. If unsure, install evrything fresh, following the instructions to the letter.

Acesleong2

Sep 21, 2020
You did extract the mod files into a subdirectory of the game directory. It must be extracted directly into that game directory. I other words, move everything inside one level up. If unsure, install evrything fresh, following the instructions to the letter.
i already following the instructions but also like this, and i cannot find the game folder so i just create a new one

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yes, if the game folder does not exist, you are correct to create it. But then, extracting the mod inside that game folder must create the scripts, images, saves etc. folders directly inside:

game/scripts
game/images
game/overlays
etc.

You have a folder in between:

game/Summertime Saga.../scripts
etc.

Acesleong2

Sep 21, 2020
Yes, if the game folder does not exist, you are correct to create it. But then, extracting the mod inside that game folder must create the scripts, images, saves etc. folders directly inside:

game/scripts
game/images
game/saves
etc.

You have a folder in between:

game/Summertime Saga.../scripts
for the optional content i just dwonload the 1.08b wan? And why i go in game it say error the naughty tribute mod readme.txt missing?

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
for the optional content i just dwonload the 1.08b wan? And why i go in game it say error the naughty tribute mod readme.txt missing?
Yes, this is the optional content version you need.

And you get the error about the readme because you still did not install it correctly. Read the first post and follow the instructions to the letter. Do not put the files where you like. Put them in the exact place, literally.

Reactions: Acesleong2

Acesleong2

Sep 21, 2020
Yes, this is the optional content version you need.

And you get the error about the readme because you still did not install it correctly. Read the first post and follow the instructions to the letter. Do not put the files where you like. Put them in the exact place, literally.
Thank you so much alr can,and i got one more question is why when i halfway through the game ,the game will automatically go back to my phone home screen? Is this a bug for the game or my phone problem?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thank you so much alr can,and i got one more question is why when i halfway through the game ,the game will automatically go back to my phone home screen? Is this a bug for the game or my phone problem?
You mean the app on your smart phone is closing down after a while? That sounds like the infamous Android power saving "feature". Maybe there is a setting on your phone to disable that in general or for a specific app. What phone are you using, what Android version?

Acesleong2

Sep 21, 2020
You mean the app on your smart phone is closing down after a while? That sounds like the infamous Android power saving "feature". Maybe there is a setting on your phone to disable that in general or for a specific app. What phone are you using, what Android version?
I using oppo A92,alr few time i playing the game it suddenly stuck and then go back to the phone home screen(just this game only another app ok). android version is 10

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I using oppo A92,alr few time i playing the game it suddenly stuck and then go back to the phone home screen(just this game only another app ok). android version is 10
Only advice I can give is to check in your Android settings (Battery, Energy Saving, Apps->SummertimeSaga) if there is something that you can enable/disable to not let the OS auto-terminate apps which it thinks are consuming too much power. If you don't find such settings, you will have to save often and load the last save when it happens again. That's nothing I can control, it's Android.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes