Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
this is the point it gets rollbacked to
OK, the thing is, your save seems to be corrupted beyond the mod can repair. There are two things:

1. The game can only be loaded correctly with parameter LOAD_ERRORHANDLING > 1 (default is 1).
2. More importantly: the save is too large already.

Regarding point 1, load the save and go talk to Tony some time, after which the save will be shrinking to 3.5 Megabytes (after the 5.5 Megabytes it currently has). This is still much too large, and it will not shrink further no matter what you do. Memory errors have the nasty habit to produce undefined situations, and I guess this is one of them. But maybe you are able to continue with this save.

But I fear the only chance is to load an earlier save that has not yet become so large. Do not save immediately after loading a save, and do not use saves where the mod tells you they are too large already.

Sep 7, 2018
OK, here you go. Throw the attached file button.rpy into folder game\scripts\characters\tony and start the game (may need to start twice because it needs to compile the file first and will give an error on first try).

Then load the save where you go to the bank on Tuesday morning and would click on Tony.

Click on Tony.

Skip through whatever dialog happens.

Click on Tony again.

Go to folder %AppData%\RenPy\SummertimeSaga and find file saga.log.

Attach file saga.log here.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, your log looks like I would expect and like mine looks...

Did anything happen between you clicked Tony the first and the second time? The log says you moved from outside to inside the bank, and the state advanced as if everything would be just fine.

By the way, your log is quite large already (another "feature" of the original game -- the log grows infinitely). My advise would be to set parameter LOG_DELETE to 1 and LOG_LEVEL to 30. But that would only be of importance if we can solve your current problem of course.

Sep 7, 2018
Well, your log looks like I would expect and like mine looks...

Did anything happen between you clicked Tony the first and the second time? The log says you moved from outside to inside the bank, and the state advanced as if everything would be just fine.

By the way, your log is quite large already (another "feature" of the original game -- the log grows infinitely). My advise would be to set parameter LOG_DELETE to 1 and LOG_LEVEL to 30. But that would only be of importance if we can solve your current problem of course.
No, nothing happened. In fact, I was surprised I could click him and that it progressed normally, because usually it doesn't work. I click him and nothing happens. But with this new button, it worked without issue...

Teletoby

Mar 29, 2021
The mod still sucks at save games. It wont save the game. It get the message that a exception has occurred. When i disable the mod, in Vanilla mode, everything works fine. I can save and load. But with mod turned on, it gives me memory errors and else.

It looks like this

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in script
    $ renpy.call_screen(_game_menu_screen, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: 

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 2119, in event
    return run(self.function, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 436, in save
    sr = SaveRecord(screenshot, extra_info, json, logf.getvalue())
MemoryError: 

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.9
Wed Apr 07 00:26:40 2021

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No, nothing happened. In fact, I was surprised I could click him and that it progressed normally, because usually it doesn't work. I click him and nothing happens. But with this new button, it worked without issue...
I don't understand. Are you saying that now the problem is gone? Strange, I did not change anything apart from the logging stuff. And I certainly did not introduce a "new button"...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The mod still sucks at save games. It wont save the game. It get the message that a exception has occurred. When i disable the mod, in Vanilla mode, everything works fine. I can save and load. But with mod turned on, it gives me memory errors and else.

It looks like this

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 2119, in event
    return run(self.function, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 436, in save
    sr = SaveRecord(screenshot, extra_info, json, logf.getvalue())
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.9
Wed Apr 07 00:26:40 2021
As I wrote before several times, this is not a problem of the mod (at least not alone of the mod). It just occurs earlier with the mod installed, because there are, which is no wonder, some additional things to be loaded and kept in memory.

As a counter measure, do not save immediately after you load a save, but let some in-game time pass by talking to people, doing quests, sleep and so on. When you save, the mod should tell you if the save size becomes too large. In that case, do as told (let time pass) and save again.

I repeat: do not save too soon after loading a save. This gives the in-game garbage collection time to do it's work.

You can cause the error without mod installed as well. Just load a save, save, load the newly saved game and save again. Do that four times and the game will crash.

I already identified some issues with that increasing save file size and addressed them as a bug to the dev team but got no reaction so far. I could integrate that into the mod but I could not guarantee that saves would stay compatible after that. This is something the devs need to fix.

Sep 7, 2018
I don't understand. Are you saying that now the problem is gone? Strange, I did not change anything apart from the logging stuff. And I certainly did not introduce a "new button"...

You gave me a file called "button.rpy"... I overwrote the button.rpy file that was in there... hence "new button"... something in that made it work, because before doing that, when I clicked on Tony, nothing at all would happen, it would sit there, now, it triggers the event...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You gave me a file called "button.rpy"... I overwrote the button.rpy file that was in there... hence "new button"... something in that made it work, because before doing that, when I clicked on Tony, nothing at all would happen, it would sit there, now, it triggers the event...
Ah I see. Do you happen to have a backup of the original button.rpy? Looks like it somehow is the reason. Maybe you can extract it drom the zip archive of the mod that you downloaded?

Glas it works now though!

Teletoby

Mar 29, 2021
As I wrote before several times, this is not a problem of the mod (at least not alone of the mod). It just occurs earlier with the mod installed, because there are, which is no wonder, some additional things to be loaded and kept in memory.

As a counter measure, do not save immediately after you load a save, but let some in-game time pass by talking to people, doing quests, sleep and so on. When you save, the mod should tell you if the save size becomes too large. In that case, do as told (let time pass) and save again.

I repeat: do not save too soon after loading a save. This gives the in-game garbage collection time to do it's work.

You can cause the error without mod installed as well. Just load a save, save, load the newly saved game and save again. Do that four times and the game will crash.

I already identified some issues with that increasing save file size and addressed them as a bug to the dev team but got no reaction so far. I could integrate that into the mod but I could not guarantee that saves would stay compatible after that. This is something the devs need to fix.
yes i am aware of it. And even if i let 2 weeks, or more, pass without saving, it does the same thing. I get a memory error. I always let a couple of days pass. But the problem remains the same. But it do work fine in Vanilla mode.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
yes i am aware of it. And even if i let 2 weeks, or more, pass without saving, it does the same thing. I get a memory error. I always let a couple of days pass. But the problem remains the same. But it do work fine in Vanilla mode.
I've seen this some times before, saves not shrinking. I do not have an idea how this happens (never happened to me) but if that's the case, the mod can do nothing about it. Only solution would be to load an earlier save that does not have the problem.

As I wrote, the original game is more tolerant wrt/ save size, but it's also affected. You only have two options: use an older save and keep an eye on save game size (the mod would tell you when it gets too large), or not use the mod at all.

Are all your saves that large? Did the problem occur at one point in the past (if so, can you attach the last small and the first large save here)? Did you start a fresh game with the current game version, or did you import an earlier save?

Do you use any other mods?

One thing you could try:

- Go to game\cache and delete the three *.rpyb files.
- Go to game\scripts and delete all *.rpyc files there and in the subfolders.
- Start the game and try if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

KRISH651988

Jan 15, 2018
Hi srksrk68
Love the Mod you have created for this game. Please advise if there is any option to make Debbie(MC's Landlady) Pregnant.
Many Thanks(y)(y)(y)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi srksrk68
Love the Mod you have created for this game. Please advise if there is any option to make Debbie(MC's Landlady) Pregnant.
Many Thanks(y)(y)(y)
Would it be feasible to mod in sounds of copulation for the sex scenes in the game?
Hi, I am sorry but I fear that's a no in both cases unfortunatly. I cannot make a girl pregnant if it's not already in the game. And sound effects are not my thing really...

Teletoby

Mar 29, 2021
I've seen this some times before, saves not shrinking. I do not have an idea how this happens (never happened to me) but if that's the case, the mod can do nothing about it. Only solution would be to load an earlier save that does not have the problem.

As I wrote, the original game is more tolerant wrt/ save size, but it's also affected. You only have two options: use an older save and keep an eye on save game size (the mod would tell you when it gets too large), or not use the mod at all.

Are all your saves that large? Did the problem occur at one point in the past (if so, can you attach the last small and the first large save here)? Did you start a fresh game with the current game version, or did you import an earlier save?

Do you use any other mods?

One thing you could try:

- Go to game\cache and delete the three *.rpyb files.
- Go to game\scripts and delete all *.rpyc files there and in the subfolders.
- Start the game and try if it makes a difference.
Ok i will try that. No i dont use any other mods. All Savegames i made with the mod are large (around 4-6 MB) When the game loads i get a warning that the save game is large. This doesn't happend in the Vanilla game. I've tried both, i've imported a earlier game and i've started a new one, it happens in both times. And it came suddenly, one day it worked normal, the next day when i started the game, it happend. And it happend late in the game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I've been having problems with this mod. Whenever I click a save, it now says there was an error and the save cannot be loaded correctly, but it still lets me play. However, all of the options underneath the text box is now gone, such as "skip, quick save, save, load, quick load", etc. Then, as soon as I enter a sex scene, which is required because I'm in conseula's route and trying to get her the job at the hospital, the game becomes stuck and I can't click to progress and am infinitely locked in the scene until I force quit.
getting the memory full error which I have come to understand, happens if you save too much. Taking counsela for accommodation in the clinic triggers a scene with the receptionist and gets stuck there having to force quit. Cant progress. any solution?
Ok i will try that. No i dont use any other mods. All Savegames i made with the mod are large (around 4-6 MB) When the game loads i get a warning that the save game is large. This doesn't happend in the Vanilla game. I've tried both, i've imported a earlier game and i've started a new one, it happens in both times. And it came suddenly, one day it worked normal, the next day when i started the game, it happend. And it happend late in the game.
I think I might have found the root cause of this. It appears that in deed the mod might cause a memory leak using some not very well documented renpy features.

I will upload a new version in a few minutes, maybe you can give this one more try. It might be able to repair/shrink your save files.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

version 1.06 is a bugfix release addressing large save files causing memory issues. Hope this helps!

Version 0.20.9-1.06:
  • Introduced a new parameter value 5 for parameter LOAD_ERRORHANDLING which might be useful reducing blown-up savegame size and related memory issues:
  1. Set parameter to 5 and load your save if it is still loadable (if not, you must revert to an earlier, smaller save).
  2. Let some in-game time pass by talking to people, doing quests, sleeping, but without saving the game.
  3. After three in-game days, save the game in a new slot. See if the size has been reduced significantly.
    1. If yes, use that save from then on.
    2. If no, try the same with even more in-game time passing. If this still does not work, the fix is not for you :(
  4. Set the parameter back to 1 (default) afterwards.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Is there any way to make the animations moving at constant speeds (slow - medium -fast)?
I really don't like the animations erratically speeding up and slowing down every few seconds around a certain base speed.
That's a true fap killer for me.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes