Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga: SPH Mod [0.20.16 Beta59] [ImTransAndTiny]

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

flipflop3729

Aug 7, 2019
Just binged all the content of the mod so far! Excellent work, love it!
It has probably been asked before but I will ask again, do you have any timeframe regarding the full release?
Another question I have is this, what will happen to the mod when the new tech update releases for the main game? Will it be easy to continue working from there or will you stay with the old version?

Last edited:

ryuhaduken37

May 28, 2023
Hey Tnt, I just found a glitch in the matrix. Speaking to mrs Dewitt Right after the rapping crew cleans the auditorium ends with Annie sitting down in her classroom. Clicking her unfolds into a scene with Annie in a maroon vest and also a blue vest. I haven't progressed after that just so I don't mess anything up. Hope you had a great vacay. Cheers.

G0DZillA

Feb 23, 2022
I am trying to play it on android using joiplay should I download the compressed version or the main zip.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
As I mentioned, I was on vacation last week. I'm back now and will start working on the mod again soon.

Just binged all the content of the mod so far! Excellent work, love it!
It has probably been asked before but I will ask again, do you have any timeframe regarding the full release?
Another question I have is this, what will happen to the mod when the new tech update releases for the main game? Will it be easy to continue working from there or will you stay with the old version?
If "full release" means when I'll be done, I don't really know. I have an idea that I'm probably about 58% done based on the Cookie Jar scenes that are completed or partially completed. The Beta number is an unofficial completeness number.

The Tech Update is a huge unknown that looms over all STS mods. The game is a mix of two programming approaches. I've been led to believe that, besides the aspect ratio change, the Tech Update will also replace all of the old-style code with the new-style code.

Porting dialog changes to the Tech Update will be easy. Original content may need to be changed to work with new variables and other changes to the game "engine". What else will need to be done to adapt to the Tech Update is unknowable at this time. I can reasonably assume that it will be much more work than it has been after any previous update.

The big issue is the switch to 1920x1080. I assume that the characters will be larger at this higher resolution. That means that all of the images that I've modified will need to be re-modified. DC has, for years, been creating 4K art and downscaling it to 1024x768. After the Tech Update, he'll be downscaling to 1920x1080. No image quality is lost when you downscale an image. Not having access to the original, high resolution sources, I'm creating 1024x768 images. When you upscale an image to a higher resolution, the image gets blurry. GIMP has some tools for mitigating that, but they aren't perfect.

It is possible that all of the images that I've created will be useless after the Tech Update, and that all of the image work that I've done will have to be done again. That may not be worth doing. I have a chance in hell of someday converting all of the images in Summertime Saga 0.20.16. It might only take another year. If there wasn't going to be a resolution change, I might have been able to convert content faster than new content was added. If the Tech Update destroys all of the image work that I've done over the last year and a half, I might decide not to bother starting over. The mod might stop at 0.20.16. I'll have to make that decision when and if the Tech Update comes out.

Hey Tnt, I just found a glitch in the matrix. Speaking to mrs Dewitt Right after the rapping crew cleans the auditorium ends with Annie sitting down in her classroom. Clicking her unfolds into a scene with Annie in a maroon vest and also a blue vest. I haven't progressed after that just so I don't mess anything up. Hope you had a great vacay. Cheers.
I noticed that on vacation and have already fixed it. The fix will be in Beta59. You can keep playing without messing anything up.

I am trying to play it on android using joiplay should I download the compressed version or the main zip.
I've been told that the mod doesn't work the compressed version of Summertime Saga. That's my answer until someone tells me otherwise.

any idea when you are planning to release the roxxy ntr? ImTransAndTiny
I've added what little NTR I've added because it wasn't difficult to do. It's never going to be a priority because the main focus of the mod is SPH. The more ambitious planned content, like the Roxxy NTR, will be a lot of work that will distract me from the main objective. My answer must continue to be that you should not expect Roxxy NTR, or any new NTR content, until the mod is done (hopefully after Beta99). Every time I get a question about when there's going to be more NTR content, I contemplate removing all of the NTR content so that people will stop asking. Assume that there won't be any new NTR content until the mod is done, and maybe never. What you have now may be all there ever will be.

Last edited:

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
The incest patch isn't integrated into the SPH mod.
Huh, thought it used to be. Been a while since I've played :p

Oh, also, with regards to the Tech Update - I really hope you don't stop you work on this... even if image progress is fucked and has to be abandoned, I'd so much rather play a mod that just improves the text despite not fitting vanilla images than no mod at all :eek:

flipflop3729

Aug 7, 2019
Huh, thought it used to be. Been a while since I've played :p

Oh, also, with regards to the Tech Update - I really hope you don't stop you work on this... even if image progress is fucked and has to be abandoned, I'd so much rather play a mod that just improves the text despite not fitting vanilla images than no mod at all :eek:
I agree as well, from me the excellent sexy sph writing is what makes the mod superb, the images matching the mod are a cool bonus but not as crucial.

Lets wait and see for now, the way the main mod is updated it could be another year before we see it xD

Reactions: sdibolcrif

Dixo03

May 8, 2022
Could you make a written tutorial to show how to modify the game like adding or modifying dialogues, items and locations ?
I admit that even after decompiling I get lost in the game files !

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Could you make a written tutorial to show how to modify the game like adding or modifying dialogues, items and locations ?
I admit that even after decompiling I get lost in the game files !
I definitely don't have time to teach anyone else how to make a mod. No one taught me. You figure out how to do something like this by starting small. Start with dialog changes. Get a bit more ambitious and try add new conversations or scenes. Figure out where the variables are stored.

When you figure this stuff out without a guide, you'll have the tools you need to reverse engineer all kinds of stuff. I've figured out the map formats to some of my favorite games and created level editors for them. I've figured out the save format for some of my favorite games by changing one value and seeing what happens to my character, or looking at the values and matching them to my character's attributes. There's an amazing sense of accomplishment when you're able to take a file format for which there's no documentation and be the first to write a guide for it.

I know nothing about your programming background. If you already know several languages, but not Python, you'll pick it right up. If you don't know any programming languages, Python is great language to start with. Take the free Python course at Codecademy. Either way, figuring out how the game works so that you can make it do what you want it to do will be a rewarding experience, and you'll learn skills that will be transferable to other things you may want to do in the future. When you can figure out how a program works without documentation, you can call yourself a hacker. It's a good feeling.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Hi folks. I'm sorry for the long wait. I had an accident where I tripped and shot my hand out to stop myself from falling, but ended up smashing three of my fingers so badly that I couldn't bend them for several days. I had to take some sick leave because I couldn't type or use a computer well enough to write code at work, and that also killed my work on the mod.

All but my middle finger are totally healed now, and I can bend my middle finger well enough to use a mouse. I can use it to touch type all of the keys except for C on the bottom row. I've been writing dialog for Beta59 all morning, and I'm going to try editing images again now. Sorry again for the long wait!

kalleanka909

Aug 15, 2017
No worries, I hope you are doing okay, and healing fine. Don't work too hard if your hand is still hurting. We can wait, health comes first!

Reactions: 7mod jed

ryuhaduken37

May 28, 2023
Hey T&T, sorry about your hand. I wanted to donate to a local org, Lavender Clinic. I don't know if they're registered but the fundme page is . Lmk

Are there any voice-to-text programs avail? Lol Get better soon...XO

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Hey T&T, sorry about your hand. I wanted to donate to a local org, Lavender Clinic. I don't know if they're registered but the fundme page is . Lmk

Are there any voice-to-text programs avail? Lol Get better soon...XO
Looks good to me!

I used voice dictation software years ago. I can talk a bit faster than I can type, but then I had to go back and make corrections, so I didn't find it to be a good investment. It might save time for someone who types 45 wpm, but I type 90 wpm.

As a solution to my current predicament, it might be a good way to write a book, but I don't think it would be great for writing code!

Thanks for the best wishes. This last finger is taking longer to heal than the others, but I can type without too much pain now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KLUMZEE
5.00 star(s) 14 Votes