Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Okay, just for perspective, I'm going to post an indie developer that gets very similar criticisms. Just so it's not all on Google, I'll put it into spoilers.

The point here is that DC's team will probably have to deal with this, but I want to put this into context that an indie adult gaming platform is going to have even more challenges than an indie dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I'm going to say that I believe the art bottleneck is a serious issue that won't be solved right away. For people to constantly harp on it is to lose sight of why it's been the issue that is the hardest to solve and make it work for the rest of the team.

garyshinfield

Nov 30, 2016
Is it? Im pretty sure there's thousands of Philippinos who are atleast as good as DC and draw for 5$ an Hour or less.
I really don't get whats so special about his art. Its not like its bad, but its not very good either.
Its simple cartoonish art like anyone who can draw could draw. Its not like he has to hire Akabur or someone else of the patreon artists for 5k+ a month. Theres thousands of talented artists in low income countries who would love to work for a couple 100$ a month.

I think he´s just too lazy to look for one or two artists to support him.
*Filipinos

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The delay wait time is noticeable. DC's earnings fell from $ 52k to $ 47k.
- and by that standard it has actually been a pretty good month. Pledges get updated and patreon throws out those who messed up their payments, tried to cheat etc.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I'm not feeling the hype either.
them you are good for the next updates(what probably means something like the rest of this year)trust me,its better not feel the hype,even more when the soon comes around,for the first time,its a good feeling you know,not checking his page everyday nor looking at the progress bar,DIane's update was the last thing i waited for,now i'm free from the hype until the people vote on Judith's update,sadly it seems a far future from now....

BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
Just what the hell makes you think you're doing anything useful going around asking for artists to work for a game that you're not developing, or connected to in any way? :O Pretty sure DC is more than capable of recruiting an artist if he feels like he needs one, instead of having some random guy with no connection to the project pestering artists if they'd work him. :D Time to realize that it's not your job to pester anyone with hypothetical job offers to a project that is not yours, and let DC & co do their thing without this kind of ridiculous bs.
DC said find me a good artist i recommended him melkormancin
he said "his art looks impressive and it seems like he is able to addapt making same art like me"
and he said "would be cool if he will be a member of my team".
So pls don't cry if you don't know the background story.

Reactions: Jackie123 and Big-T

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
DC said find me a good artist i asked him what do you think about melkor he said "his art looks impressive and it seems like he could easily addapt making same art like me" and he said "would be cool if he will be a member of my team".
So pls don't cry if you don't know the background story.
Trust me, I'm not crying. The opposite actually. :D Still not your job to contact any artist on behalf of DC, since you're in no way connected to the game. If you'd engaged your brain before pestering artists, you would have forwarded the artist's info to DC and let him make the call whether or not contact him with an offer. All I'm saying, is that it makes DC look bad when a random guy not connected to the game goes around making hypothetical offers to artists.

Reactions: Sync

BoykaBoykov

Feb 2, 2018
Trust me, I'm not crying. The opposite actually. :D Still not your job to contact any artist on behalf of DC, since you're in no way connected to the game. If you'd engaged your brain before pestering artists, you would have forwarded the artist's info to DC and let him make the call whether or not contact him with an offer. All I'm saying, is that it makes DC look bad when a random guy not connected to the game goes around making hypothetical offers to artists.
One way or another i am connected to the game i play this game & pledge for ss since years
I know the first coder of ss personally he told me that he asked panda if he can replace him and make his work in ss even before dc knew about it.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
One way or another i am connected to the game i play this game & pledge for ss since years
I know the first coder of ss personally he told me that he asked panda if he can replace him and make his work in ss even before dc know about it.
I will soon upload most of his streams to a site similar to youtube.
The only way to boost up the progress speed is to find him a good artist.
Being a patron myself, I'd never go around making offers, that's my point. You are not part of the team, and you're not in any position to make any decisions regarding the game itself, no matter how long you've supported the game and the team, who you know or don't know, it still makes DC look bad when you decide to go around making offers. Doesn't matter how long you've been a patron, how much money you've spent, or who you know, it's just an incredibly stupid thing to do to go around contacting anyone on behalf of a team you're not a part of in any way.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I know the first coder of ss personally he told me that he asked panda if he can replace him and make his work in ss even before dc knew about it.
Being a patron myself, I'd never go around making offers, that's my point. You are not part of the team, and you're not in any position to make any decisions regarding the game itself, no matter how long you've supported the game and the team, who you know or don't know, it still makes DC look bad when you decide to go around making offers. Doesn't matter how long you've been a patron, how much money you've spent, or who you know, it's just an incredibly stupid thing to do to go around contacting anyone on behalf of a team you're not a part of in any way.
so,why the discussion over this right now?i mean,its better let go,its quite clear both of you will argue for nothing there...

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
so,why the discussion over this right now?i mean,its better let go,its quite clear both of you will argue for nothing there...
In my mind there really is no argument, so I'm done ;) Just wanted to make my point clear, because the mindset of the guy was incredibly counterproductive.

Fullcrum

Apr 10, 2018
The delay wait time is noticeable. DC's earnings fell from $ 52k to $ 47k.
Without data on DC income a month ago, two months ago, etc., it is hard to say with any certainty what the reason for the reduced income is.
However, improper DC decisions can not be ruled out.

I have just finished supporting the SS. Why? Because DC decided that the wallpapers will be available only from $ 10, and I paid $ 5.
Because the wallpapers were attractive to me, but certainly not worth $ 10 a month. What I was getting for $ 5 did not satisfy me, so I gave up SS support altogether.

There is a possibility that many players, like me, annoyed that DC for something as trivial as wallpaper, demands $ 10 a month.
Wallpaper which is probably 90% will be the evolution of something that was created for the needs of the game and making the wallpaper was fast and easy.

Reactions: tankdick

folkstone

Feb 3, 2018
What I don’t really get is that there is a good 5 weeks gap between the moment he finishes the drawing for an update and the moment it's released. During this time DC says he begins to work on the art for the next update.
Yet when he updates the tracker for the following update, art begins at a 0%.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
What I don’t really get is that there is a good 5 weeks gap between the moment he finishes the drawing for an update and the moment it's released. During this time DC says he begins to work on the art for the next update.
Yet when he updates the tracker for the following update, art begins at a 0%.
You know, you could ask DC himself and all it takes is a few duckets :D

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes